Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 10-11-2020, 04:46 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I was looking at the analytics again for the 22 minute version of Alizee a video history (I also made a 10 minute version because at the time, that was the longest video I could upload).

In the past 48 hours there were about 3,000 views. It shows 70% of those were because it was a suggested video and 21% was because of browse features. I'm not sure how that browse history works but those two together are why it has done so well.

As far as ads, I've never monetized any of my videos. In this 22 minute version, there are 3 full screen ads that pop up; there's one at about 5:00, one at 12:30 and one at 19:00. All these ads give you the opportunity to skip them after 5 seconds.

So someone is making money off of this video. As I mentioned the other day, there 8 different songs/remixes that apparently there were copyright claims for. Here's the one for J'en ai marre.
Song
J'en ai marre !
Artist
Alizée
Album
Mes courants électriques
Writers
Mylène Farmer, Laurent Boutonnat
Licensed to YouTube by
Believe Music (on behalf of Requiem Publishing); BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., ASCAP, Concord Music Publishing, SODRAC, LatinAutorPerf, LatinAutor, União Brasileira de Compositores, and 11 Music Rights Societies

As you can see in addition to the main one of Believe and Requiem, there's also 11 "Music Rights Societies". So does that mean each one gets a share of that .1 cent or how ever much it is?

I'm sure there's so many because I used so many clips from many different sources and I would think with so many hands in the pot, nobody will make much money off of this type of video.

Attachment 3172

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-03-2021 at 10:26 PM..
Old 10-11-2020, 06:47 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I was looking at the analytics again for the 22 minute version of Alizee a video history (I also made a 10 minute version because at the time, that was the longest video I could upload).

In the past 48 hours there were about 3,000 views. It shows 70% of those were because it was a suggested video and 21% was because of browse features. I'm not sure how that browse history works but those two together are why it has done so well.
Views from browse features are from people searching for similar content on YouTube and Google, with your video showing up as a similar result.

Quote:
As far as ads, I've never monetized any of my videos. In this 22 minute version, there are 3 full screen ads that pop up; there's one at about 5:00, one at 12:30 and one at 19:00. All these ads give you the opportunity to skip them after 5 seconds.
Do you have monetization available on your channel regardless of if you put adds on specific videos? I don't think companies can actually make any money if there are no ads, they can copyright any video they want, but if there aren't any ads in the first place surely they can't gain revenue from it? Unless companies can put ads on videos that creators don't want any ads on in the first place, in which case that really shouldn't be allowed.

Quote:
So someone is making money off of this video. As I mentioned the other day, there 8 different songs/remixes that apparently there were copyright claims for. Here's the one for J'en ai marre.
Song
J'en ai marre !
Artist
Alizée
Album
Mes courants électriques
Writers
Mylène Farmer, Laurent Boutonnat
Licensed to YouTube by
Believe Music (on behalf of Requiem Publishing); BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., ASCAP, Concord Music Publishing, SODRAC, LatinAutorPerf, LatinAutor, União Brasileira de Compositores, and 11 Music Rights Societies

As you can see in addition to the main one of Believe and Requiem, there's also 11 "Music Rights Societies". So does that mean each one gets a share of that .1 cent or how ever much it is?

I'm sure there's so many because I used so many clips from many different sources and I would think with so many hands in the pot, nobody will make much money off of this type of video.

Attachment 3172
This does highlight a loophole that has been taken advantage of in the past. Creators will put several different pieces of copyrighted material in the video so several companies try to manually claim it. Then whilst those companies fight over who gets the revenue, the creator is left to continue making money, though this was only the case for manual claims I believe. I think this loophole was patched up though, it's a complicated matter and not one I'm overly familiar with.

But I believe now there are measures in place for revenue to be split between multiple companies claiming the one video.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:40 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Do you have monetization available on your channel regardless of if you put adds on specific videos? I don't think companies can actually make any money if there are no ads, they can copyright any video they want, but if there aren't any ads in the first place surely they can't gain revenue from it? Unless companies can put ads on videos that creators don't want any ads on in the first place, in which case that really shouldn't be allowed.
I've never looked to monetize my videos. I post a lot about different things outside of Alzee, mainly about my travels. The only ones that I think I could have made money were with ones about Alizee and I never would have tried to make money off of what she did though the idea of making money off of her and passing it along to her has entered my mind.

My travels have brought me some great additional memories to my Alizee experience. This video which only had so manyviews was when I was on vacation in France. I was near Lyon, looking for the small town of Oradur sur Glane which has historical significance to which can't be mentioned here, but I had programed that town into my gps and it took me on a route through this beautiful little town of Chantecoudert. I followed it for a while but it became obvious this wasn't the way to go, so I turned around. That person in the video wearing a blue coat I passed by was a woman. On my way back, I stopped and had a very pleasant conversation with her (She spoke English very well) and she told me in which way I needed to go.

So it was too late for me to go to my original destination that day, so I went to Lyon, spent the night at a hotel, then visited Oradur sur Glane the next day which turned out to be 11/23/2013. Getting back to my hotel late afternoon, well this was the night of the final show of Dals season 4. This was "the" night. I saw that there was a way you could vote through your phone and in the course of the show, I tried voting what turned to be over 200 times. The process seemed to go okay but even though my phone bill reflected that many calls, I don't know if I set up an account successfully through which you pay so I never got a large bill but luckily id didn't matter.

I had talked to the women who were working the hotel that night and they were big fans of the show, but not necessarily Alizee but they seemed to be glad for me she won.

Another video I took that at least I enjoy a few years earlier.

Old 10-14-2020, 02:17 PM

Alex Rien is on a distinguished road

Old 10-15-2020, 07:03 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Rien View Post
This video is one of the rare times that we see Alizee getting irritated, starting at the 1:00 mark.

That is a beautiful blouse she is wearing. It might have been brand new and the guy is putting tape on it. That is my first guess why she is irritated. Second guess is he forgot to use deodorant that morning.

Alizee "shooing" him away with her eyes at 1:35 says it all.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:57 AM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
This video is one of the rare times that we see Alizee getting irritated, starting at the 1:00 mark.

That is a beautiful blouse she is wearing. It might have been brand new and the guy is putting tape on it. That is my first guess why she is irritated. Second guess is he forgot to use deodorant that morning.

Alizee "shooing" him away with her eyes at 1:35 says it all.
I would've been irritated too, probably was getting really annoying.
Old 10-17-2020, 02:36 PM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Old 10-18-2020, 12:19 PM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Very good video quality but has a watermark

Old 11-07-2020, 07:20 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

A short video I had never seen before.

Old 11-07-2020, 12:26 PM

24Shepherd24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
Very good video quality but has a watermark

Thanks Joe, it's still a major improvement. The old blurry version is a frustration.

Tags
alizee, alizeeamerica, section, video, youtube