Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
Its still just as good of a cause, it should still be easy enough to get the money to them, AND, Alizée is directly connected to that group. As we all know, she performs in the fund-raising concert year after year. So again, we know she would be OK with us giving money to that group, as she publicly supports it. So in my opinion, that would be the next best group to give money to.
Very good ideas/points Sec and Brian!

But we do know that Alizee strongly supports Restos du Couer by performing in LE and openly supporting it. So it would definitely be a good choice!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:38 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well first of all, let's not rush into anything. I'd hate to see us decide to send the money off to some other charity next week and then have Alizee contact us the following week, saying she had been very busy with something else and now she'd like us to send her the money.

As far as donating to another charity after a certain amount of time has past, let's say at the end of the month, I'm not sure if I'm into that either. At least just sending off the money to one of these larger charity efforts such as the one supported by Les Enfoires. The Jean Baptiste effort was great because it was something that being based in Ajaccio, it was something that was on more of a personal level with her and I think I'd rather just wait for something along a similar line to happen. Hopefully for her nothing will, but I don't know of anyone who has been spared of some type of similar event in their life.

With the Jean Baptiste effort, in hind sight, it looks like we should have done our homework a little better. Should have found all the minute details of this charity were, but that's tough when you live over 3,000 miles away and speak a different language, plus we were under the gun to try and get this done by the end of the auction, but to tell you the truth, the only thing that mattered to me was that Alizee was involved with it. Something I'm sure she wouldn't haven't been involved with, unless she thought it was a worth while cause.

So my choice is to just return the money to all involved and just wait for something along the same lines to happen. Such as when she performed on a show to raise money pour Laurette or where Les Enfoires is an effort I believe to raise money for homeless people in France, maybe there is a similar effort to raise money for homeless or poor, or sick people in Ajaccio or on Corsica such as the Restos" Du Coeur in Ajaccio that Siecel mentioned.

Nobody could have anticipated what happened with this Jean Baptiste effort and there's a good chance this has put her in a very awkward position, something we all regret. But I gave her every option to do what ever she wanted with this donation. She could have given it to the JB organization, she could have given it directly to the family, she could have just hung on to the money until things became a little clearer as to what is really going on with this family or she could have just given it to another charity.

We have one member here who recently recieved some chemo treatment for a certain disease ( I wont name him and I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it here) who offered to make a small donation to this effort, who is probably not in a very good positon to donate, but still he did, because she means that much to him and she means just as much to us. So if she doesn't realize that and if she doesn't realize just how much it would mean to us, her accepting this donation, then I'd rather wait until some cause of a closer nature happened (though for her sake, I pray it doesn't) , in which case our donation would be much more meaningful and much more appreciated.

But I will wait to see what the rest of the members who have donated have to say. If at the end of the month, they all want the money that was collected, to go to another charity, of the groups choosing, I will go along with that.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-12-2011 at 04:46 AM..
Old 08-12-2011, 08:50 AM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

ALIZEE FACEBOOK: "Bravo à Bryan et Cyrielle qui ont remporté l'enchère! Merci à eux et a tous d'y avoir participé! Merci également à "Alizée America" pour leur don! Je ne suis plus la marraine de l'association, mais je soutiens de tout coeur Jean-Baptiste et sa famille."

Real quick translation: Congratulations to Bryan and Cyrielle who won the auction! Thank you to them all and to have participated! Thank you to "Alizée America" ​​for their donation! I am no longer the sponsor of the association, but I wholeheartedly support John the Baptist and his family.

Great job guys. I'm sorry I couldn't donate.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I saw that too BA, does that mean Scruffy sent the money to her
Old 08-12-2011, 11:41 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Karlalizee mentioned this as well under "Alizee Official FB" Thanks guys! This made all of our efforts worth it.

Edit: Now that she already mentioned it on her FB, I think we should make the donation now and let her handle it and give it to a charity of her choice. We don't want another embarassment for her or our forum. May be she was told by her team or under the impression that we already made the donation!

Last edited by Jake04; 08-12-2011 at 12:00 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 11:45 AM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
Thank you to "Alizée America" ​​for their donation! I am no longer the sponsor of the association, but I wholeheartedly support John the Baptist and his family.

Well maybe that means she still will want the money, since she is thanking us for the donation.

And I agree that we need to wait a while before choosing what to do if this doesnt work out.

Last edited by BrianO1; 08-12-2011 at 11:55 AM..
Old 08-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Yeah I saw that too BA, does that mean Scruffy sent the money to her
I haven't read the whole thread but I see Scruffy contacted someone and got this response :

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...&postcount=178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
bonjour
très gentil de votre part vous pouvez envoyer votre don par chèque a l ordre de jean baptiste Renucci
encore merci pour votre soutient
marie paule

hello
very nice of you you can send your donation by check al order of my address Renucci Jean Baptiste
thank you again for your support
Marie Paule
I guess word of this got to Alizée, but Scruffy hasn't necessarily sent anything yet. I would say he's now obliged to send the money to this person.

<hr>
But like I said, I haven't read everything, so I don't know… Can't finish my thought. I'm a little busy, gotta leave The Internets now.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:55 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

Think of it this way...if someone thanked you for a gift before you gave it to them, would you not give it to them? We still give the donation and maybe have a second fundraiser to give to Alizee for a charity of her choice?
Old 08-12-2011, 01:02 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Misunderstandings or not, I say we should give the money now. Also, she just posted this on her FB 10 minutes ago:
+280 076 Followers whaou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥

She's at her FB and posting at this moment.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Comedy of Errors

This is more and more reminding me of Shakespeare's a comedy of errors every day.

Here is an abbreviated time line of what's gone on so far. There will be a closed book test when this is all said and done, so pay attention.

8/1 8 am
After hearing about Alizee's plan to auction off a toy to benefit Un Sourire pour Jean-Baptiste (A smile for Jean-Baptiste), an association trying to help Jean Baptiste ( a young boy from Alizee's home town of Ajaccio), battle a disease that needed numerous trips to the hospital to treat), we decided not bid on the toy, but raise a seperate donation for this cause.
The auction was to end 8/6 1:30 pm Paris time.
The dead line for raising this donation was set to co-incide with the end of the auction.

8/5
We did not want to get Alizee involved in this effort in any way, but after several attempts were made to contact the J-B assoication via e-mail and facebook pages, met with no success and direct calls by myself to Ajaccio were answered by people who could not speak English, a decision was made to contact Alizee through the e-bay site and tell her of our intentions and ask for her assistance.

8/6 3:14 pm
Sent message through e-bay to seller of toy (Alizee) that we'd like to make a donation.

8/7 11:21 pm post 189
Recieved new contact from Lefty and sent e-mail to m-p.bibi@hotmail.fr
that we'd like to make donation.

8/7 4:00 pm
Recieved message from m-p saying we could send a check saying we could send check by mail.
8/8 8:30 pm

Recievced message that had been sent at 3 :44 pm from Alizee.officiel saying thank you for your offer and saying paypal or mail were 2 options for making donation.

8/9 9:08 am post 248
pm posted by para.izee a link to a facebook page where people were questioning the validity I'd guess you'd call it of this charity. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=221446631235068
In post 249 by Toc De Mac he reported a facebook page saying Jean-Baptiste's father wanted to put an end to the facebook page and the association.

8/9 2:00 pm
Sent a message to Alizee.officiel asking whether it would still be possible to donate to this charity, or directly to the family to which I never received a response.

8/9 5:00 pm
In a post by Lefty it was reported that Alizee was removed as sponsor of the association.

8/11 9:00 am
Sent Alizee.officiel saying all pledges had been collected and we were ready to send the donation through paypal giving them 4 options as to what to do with the money.
Give it to J-B association
Give it to J-B family
Hang on to it until things became clearer
Donate it to another worthy cause.

8/12 8:50 pm
Post # 313 BlackAnthem quoted rough translation of Alizee face book page.
"Thank you to "Alizée America" ​​for their donation! I am no longer the sponsor of the association, but I wholeheartedly support John the Baptist and his family."

It appears that Alizee thinks we already made a donation to Un Sourire pour Jean-Baptiste though I've sent e-mails explaining as well as I can using Google translate what is going on.

It sounds like she still supports this cause even though she was removed as sponsor.

The question is, is it still a valid association. Did the father put a stop to the donations?

I guess the thing to do is to e-mail m-p (Marie-Paule) and see if this is still an ongoing effort in J-B's behalf.

I thought I e-mailed her after receiving a reply from alizee.officiel that we'd be making the donation through a.o instead of her, but I have no record of it. It's possible I may have sent it through her facebook page.

Regardless, I'll write tonight and we'll see what happens.
Closed Thread