Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: What date do you prefer for the Virtual Concert?
Saturday, August 18th 22 55.00%
Tuesday, August 21st 18 45.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
yeah, from what i saw there, a looooootta work went into making that party happen. Alizee would of been flattered to all hell.
Sorry, it's take 3 days of not-always-diligent work to get this up.

Yes, a lot of work did go into making it happen. The party really had three purposes: 1) to provide an excuse/opportunity for Alizée fans to gather, meet, and have great time enjoying Lili and each other's company, 2) to do honor Alizée on her birthday with a celebration worthy of her, and 3) to support Bertrand's business by filling his restaurant with customers which have a great time and come back (with friends that they've told about the great time that they've had). Before I go any further I need to give special thanks to Cooney and a certain former member who will remain nameless. Without their labors and material support, Alizée Day 2007 probably would not have become a reality. Thanks an bunch, guys

I thought it might be a good idea to actually recap all of the features that made Alizée Day 2007 one for the books (and hopefully something that would make Alizée herself very proud):

The Decorations:
Preparing the restaurant for both a birthday party and to showcase Alizée took about 12 hours to complete (I estimate about 36 man-hours). On the birthday side, we hung a foil chandelier, dual-color twisted streamers across the restaurant, all kinds of ribbons, and balloons throughout (including a special dolphin balloon for Alizée. For Alizée, we had Alizée posters on practically every wall, a custom 6ft x 2ft banner, a "performer's wall" by the stage of Alizée pics (with some Jenifer too), a framed official Alizée concert program, and one of neoteny's wonderful drawing that has been donated for permanent display in the restaurant. The tables even had special decorations including "Happy Birthday" and Eiffel Tower confetti, FLAlizeeFan's awesome poisson rouge temp. tattoos (don't forget to PM him if you want your own ), and custom printed Alizée birthday napkins. Also decoration for the attendees themselves was provided in the form of party beads worn by all. Walking into the restaurant would have given you two distinct impressions: 1) That a birthday party for someone very special is going on; and 2) That "someone special" is Alizée.

The Buffet:
For those of you who haven't had Bertrand's food, you are really missing out on the culinary creations of an award-winning, authentically French, chef who has worked both in Paris and very high-end hotels in New York city. For the party, it was decided to do a buffet rather than have guests order from the regular menu. In addition to this arrangement allowing Bertrand come out of the kitchen from time to time and intermingle with his guests (a treat in itself, get him going and he has some real gems of stories to tell) allowed for two unique opportunities: 1) for us to customize the menu to foods that Alizée herself would enjoy, focusing on poultry, seafood, and Corsican-style offerings rather than red meat and such; and 2) allowing even regulars to La Crème Brûlée to partake in an entire menu of items which do not appear on the regular menu. This all served with La Crème Brûlée's selection of fine French wines, beers, and soft drinks. Had Alizée shown up, I'm sure she would have been satisfied (Oh, and the left-overs were great too . Hey, throwing your own Alizée party and knowing the chef comes with it's perks on clean-up day ).

The Collection:
I'm gonna try to avoid going on and on about the numerous rare, valuable, and just plain amazing items Cooney has amassed in his truly awesome collection. Needless to say he has some real gems that any Alizée collector/fan would love to have in his or her collection. Of course I don't have any real data collected, but I really don't feel any guilt by saying that Cooney's collection has got to be the largest in the Americas. It was great to have the majority of the collection at the event and I even think some of the fans there were even more impressed than they had counted on.

The Show:
The video entertainment for the party really came in three parts... but, first a little about the setup. All of the videos shown were High Def. HQ videos projected from a ceiling-mounted projector to about 10 feet wide taking up one wall of the restaurant. Sound was provided by high quality Bose speakers. Together, we created the most life-like video and sound that we could... and compared to the computer monitor and speakers most of us are accustomed to viewing Lili on, providing an entirely new experience. If you haven't seen Alzée life-size, dancing and singing right in front of you, I'm not sure you can rightfully say that you've every truely lived .
Anyway the first section of the show comprise of about two hours of various European musical entertainment videos including performances from La Fête de la Musique, Les Enfoirés (we even got everyone to sing along to Tomber la Chemise; great fun!), other European video clips (music videos, not all French), and others. In this mix were 4 Alizée videos... now, now, I know what you're thinking: "What!?!?!, only four Alizée videos." This did two things: 1) for all the Alizée-interested but not Alizée-fan, this allowed them to be exposed to a wide variety of new (for them) musical entertainment without be saturated by Alizée and maximizing their enjoyment, and 2) when Alizée did come of screen, she really "popped"... trust me, in a mix of videos, when Alizée comes on stage in her little black sailor outfit (life-size I might add to perform J'en ai marre, she catches some attention . Then, at a little after 8pm the lights were turned way down (and the speaker turned up) for the full presentation of Alizée En Concert. There were even a number of bucket seats provided right up at the stage to maximize the concert experience and provide some VIP fan seats. Everyone had a blast and really got into Moi... Lolita. Hey, when Alizée tells you to sing "plus fort," you sing "plus fort" regardless of what sort of sound you know is actually gonna come out of your mouth (check out nurvonic's videos, filmed during this portion of the concert). Also we were treated to Cooney's Youpidance... priceless . After the concert ending at about 10:30pm, the audience had dwindled down to pretty much just the Alizée fans allowing the video projection system to be opened up to requests for whatever Alizée videos fans wanted to see projected. We also through on some sing-along and dance along numbers to kick the party up a notch. But by 2am, people were finally starting to get a bit tuckered out after a full evening of celebrating our angle, Alizée's, birthday and enjoying the company of like-minded Alizée fans along with fine French culinary offerings. But better way to spend evening could you ask for?

Contests, Prizes, and Free Stuff:
What kind of birthday party doesn't have games and gifts? For this party we had a variety of contests and gifts so that everyone who came to the party (not just the Alizée fans) would be able to have a good time. One thing that I need to say is that all of the prizes and gifts (excpet for pictures of Alizée herself) were purchased in Paris, either on the Champs Elysées or at the Eiffel Tower. In order to keep things concise, I'm just gonna list the contests and prizes below and winners in the cases that members of Alizée America took home the booty:

*Contest: Guess the number of wine corks in the bucket.
Prize: $50 gift certificate for La Crème Brûlée
Note: There were 636 corks in all

*Contest: Random Door Prizes.
Prize: Several French scarves and a very nice large handbag with a puff-paint scene of Paris.
Note: French women are known for their use of scarves in their dress, but the grand prize was the handbag which was highly coveted by the ladies (esp. Caroline's mom; I know because I was sitting right next to her ).

*Contest: Trivia Game
Prize: Eiffel Tower lighter with flashing lights when opened and a flame that turns green when sustained (actually quite cool to see).
Note: This was the only contest that had to be decided by a 2 out of 3 rock-paper-scissors match due to tied scores. Cooney was able edge out my best college buddy, Brandon, on the third go for the prize. But don't feel too sorry for Brandon, he walked away with the $50 gift certificate for making the best guess on the number of corks

*Contest: Alizée Wordsearch, French, timed (fans only)
Prize: Float-framed pencil drawing of Alizée with a vile of Lolita Lampika perfume
Note: This picture was hand drawn by neoteny (many here are well familiar with his incredible work), nurvonic's brother
Winner: c-dawg777 (Lucky Bastard walked away with the framed Alizée picture prize from the last virtual concert back in January)

*Contest: Alizée match the songs with the album, with distracters, timed (fans only)
Prize: Two beautifully framed photos of Alizée in Parisian frames with a vile of Lolita Lampika perfume for both first and second place finishers.
Winner's: Cooney and fsquared (both perfect scores).
Note: The distracters included both having songs that Alizée has performed but don't appear on her albums in the contest and putting Alizée up on the projection system from Les Enfoirés (in the best fitting jeans ever) and telling them not to watch (bwahahaha... it was deliciously evil).

Free Stuff:
*Purse spray vile of Lolita Lampika perfume.
Recipients: All ladies in attendance.

*Large Poster of Alizée
Recipients: All Alizée fans

*Favor Bags
Contents: Merci vol. 1 Fan DVD, 120g Winegums candies (Alizée's favorites; I brought these back from Europe), Alizée Keychain, 2 Alizée Pins, 10 poisson rouge temporary Tattoos, party blowout, Love

*Glass Eiffel Tower with multi-colored lighted base
Recipient: Nurvonic (for coming all the way out from Florida)

Last edited by CFHollister; 08-30-2007 at 03:20 PM..
Old 08-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the rundown CF. Good stuff, that!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:26 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

oh the memories...........of caroline

yeah that was good times up there. still think about it every now and then. thanks for the super mega post CF. alot of stuff happened in such a short amount of time.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:48 PM
no use for a title

these are videos I took when the guys were dancing to french videos. i didnt want to participate in the dancing, because i didnt want to be made a fool of. i left it up to you guys to do that for the camera

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u3kAtosmPs4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u3kAtosmPs4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

fsquared, thats you in the middle buddy

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dR8RYkPDzMA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dR8RYkPDzMA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 08-30-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
A good shot of our main attraction:
Omg omg omg im famous!!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:56 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Aww, just a few days away...
Old 08-31-2007, 03:18 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the recap, the link to nurvonic's videos and all the great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFHollister View Post
The Collection:
... and I even think some of the fans there were even more impressed than they had counted on.
Count me as one of those.
Quote:
The Show:
... Sound was provided by high quality Bose speakers. Together, we created the most life-like video and sound that we could... and compared to the computer monitor and speakers most of us are accustomed to viewing Lili on, providing an entirely new experience. If you haven't seen Alzée life-size, dancing and singing right in front of you, I'm not sure you can rightfully say that you've every truely lived .
I concur. I definitely heard a quality in some of those videos I had never heard before. I commented on that at the time. I must use the fan made DVDs to listen on my better speakers in the living room now that I know what I am missing.
Quote:
*Contest: Alizée Wordsearch, French, timed (fans only)
Prize: Float-framed pencil drawing of Alizée with a vile of Lolita Lampika perfume
Do not mess with c-dawg777 in a word search. Dude kicked ass! What was it 18 of 20?
Quote:
The distracters included both having songs that Alizée has performed but don't appear on her albums in the contest and putting Alizée up on the projection system from Les Enfoirés (in the best fitting jeans ever) and telling them not to watch (bwahahaha... it was deliciously evil).
God damn it! That's what I was going to request be played again later. Oh well, I'll have to be satisfied with my tv. I forgive you. NO I DON'T! Just kidding (but seriously)...
Quote:
*Large Poster of Alizée
I have the one where she's lying on the ground next to the pool looking up and smiling at the camera. It actually looks quite nice on my wall. You know when you blow it up really huge like that, it becomes very grainy, but when looking at it from a distance, especially in low night light, I don't really notice that much. I would recommend anyone to get some large posters of Alizée for their wall. Buy one and see how it looks, then you'll know what you can get away with. I have a smaller one of her. Check it out: (that's not it. That's just a regular 8 1/2"x11" sheet of paper I printed out to see what it would look like.)

I wish I had gotten a larger version of that now. It came out slightly dark, but it looks very sharp. I don't actually have it on my wall yet, cause I need to get more of that great wall hanger that came with the party gift poster. (and yes I know I need to do something to get that roll out of the bottom of the big poster)
Man! This poster actually looks really great on my wall! I am very happy with it!

Quote:
*Favor Bags
Contents: ... Love
The best part of the whole thing.

Aaarhhh! And I could shoot myself for forgetting to get a closer look at that framed concert program!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
these are videos I took when the guys were dancing to french videos. i didnt want to participate in the dancing, because i didnt want to be made a fool of. i left it up to you guys to do that for the camera
fsquared, thats you in the middle buddy
Yes, that was the idea of our master of ceremonies, quite happy to come around the bar to demostrate his dancing skills. Great idea and I tried, but I'll use the excuse that there wasn't enough room to do that dance to cover for my total lack of ability to pick up dance moves. (oops)
Maybe I need to start praticing now for next year! I think that's alot easier than the Coopidance, though!

Uh, yeah, Zack. I think you're already famous for the (at last count) 1859 posts since January. Somebody has a lot of time on his hands. You seem to have gotten pretty knowledgeable about Alizée in that time too, though.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 09-01-2007 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: add more bla bla bla
Old 09-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

Today a couple new Alizée items arrived. I'd been hoping to have them in time for the concert, but international shipping being what it is... oh well. Better late than never! Now I've got the official Alizée En Concert army-style cap to wear while Youpidancing... I'll have to break it out next time we do this :-P
Old 09-01-2007, 01:48 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

That's awesome. Looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for letting us live vicariously through your party post!

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 09-01-2007, 01:57 PM
no use for a title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Today a couple new Alizée items arrived. I'd been hoping to have them in time for the concert, but international shipping being what it is... oh well. Better late than never! Now I've got the official Alizée En Concert army-style cap to wear while Youpidancing... I'll have to break it out next time we do this :-P
thats great! you could wear it with your alizee hoodie

next thing would be alizee shoes.