Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-19-2018, 01:07 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

This applies to any CD or DVD, etc that was ever offered for sale. Especially if Alizée is involved.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:24 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
This applies to any CD or DVD, etc that was ever offered for sale. Especially if Alizée is involved.
Now I've got it, because the material is protected by copyright.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
This only applies to new dvds which you can buy from the publisher? The older dvds are only available second hand and the money has already been donated.
I don't think the money being collected for donations matter. It's the music and video that's copy righted and I believe that protection lasts a long time. It's tough to see how they apply their rules. You see several videos on Youtube that look to be either from the dvd or the show. Why are some allowed and others aren't?

Me and Jenny were at the 2012 Les Enfoires show I think it was. We both posted some videos we took on Youtube and they all got taken down right awayt for copy right violations. One mistake we made in posting them is we used either the name Alizée or Les Enfoires in the title. That makes it much easier for them to find them. There were some fans from Germany there that posted videos, but they named them "Germans on the Rhone 1,2,3 etc" and they didn't get caught. In fact those videos are still on YT.

Would they come after the forum if we continued with this? It's definitely possible and probably not worth the risk for the forum.
I'll remove the download links I posted.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:11 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I don't think the money being collected for donations matter. It's the music and video that's copy righted and I believe that protection lasts a long time. It's tough to see how they apply their rules. You see several videos on Youtube that look to be either from the dvd or the show. Why are some allowed and others aren't?
While I like to follow the rules and would want this site to do the same, I wouldn't know who the copyright enforcement agency would be in this case. There are torrent sites all over the web, and you can get just about any digital content you want, including software, and probably Les Enfoires. I never trusted those places and would never utilize them. I think installing the downloaders would be a good way to invite malware on your computer. I would think the torrent sites would be one of the main targets to shut down, but when you consider the peer-to-peer network that make up the torrent site extends to pretty much every developed country on earth, I can't imagine how enforcement would even begin.

While I can understand the reason for copyrights, which boils down to financial protection, I think that once there is no readily available source for purchasing original copies of the material, distribution should be allowed in certain cases. I don't think there was any original music in the LE shows, and it's a charity concert from artists that donated time. But, if YT is taking down the videos, there has to be a legal reason, so we definitely should take notice.

Why is it then that I can watch some entire movies on YT free of charge? I don't get it.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 03-19-2018 at 03:43 PM..
Old 03-19-2018, 06:28 PM

Here's part of what is says on the back of one of the dvd cases;
"The sale of this double dvd is for profit at the restaurant of the heart.

All rights of the producer and the owner of the registered work reserves. Except authorization, the duplication, the hiring, the loan, the ecange and the use of this videogram for the execution pulic and the broadcasting are prohibited" This is from 2013 and both Sony Music and Columbia are mentioned.

Here are two different copy right notifications concerning two different 'fan' videos I uploaded recently. One they allowed but said it was moneterized by the claimant. The other was blocked in 227 countries (Are there any countries left?). But they were both detected by the music apparently.

crv1.jpg

crv2.jpg
Old 03-19-2018, 07:03 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

What I know: In a behind the scenes area of the forum here the forum owner has some guidelines for moderating the forum. They are specific about not posting links to this kind of content.

What I think: The owner of the forum is the one responsible for it's use and content and the one who assumes any potential liability.

Edit:

Back to the topic...

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 03-19-2018 at 07:03 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-19-2018, 07:23 PM

This is a still of Alizée between Amel Bent and Tina Arena when they were dancing to "Dancing Queen" during the 2009 Les Enfoires show. Alizée looked like she was having a great time during this number.

Alizee LE 2009 Dancing Queen Tina Arena Amel Bent.jpg
Old 03-20-2018, 01:07 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I remember that video. Looks like she was really having fun.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:20 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I remember that video. Looks like she was really having fun.
Yes. From what I remember, Alizee was positioned behind the singers, so she got a lot of face time for being in the background.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:05 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road