Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-30-2008, 03:39 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixty Sixty View Post

This poster on her My Space page promoting the Psychédélices Tour must be false advertising.
Ok, go ahead and tell us what that's supposed to mean.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-30-2008, 04:15 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
i think he means no heels there.

maybe she should wear something like the en concert boots.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Ultimate Member

WindReaver is on a distinguished road

I would agree that she should try to stick to flatter shoes for concerts. The exception being for certain songs that have a specific costume like JEAM, etc.

Which brings up something I would like to see:
She needs to come up with a costume and dance for each song and stick to it. Look at how many different ways she has done MJ for example.

There is a reason why martial artists practice the same moves over and over; to condition the mind and body to do these moves without thinking when the need arises. The same is true for a singer that has to remember the dance moves, her own and the band member's cues, the words to the song, etc. It would remove a lot of thinking and let her dance more on auto-pilot while concentrating on her vocals.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:24 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

NO NO NO
not more this or more that

for crying out loud some of her best performances were JUST her dancing. jenarre or dancing with five people jpva or her dancing alone on stage moi lolita.

Alizee - if your listening YOU are the product stop trying to sell bells and whistles Alizee fans are fans of Alizee not skimpy backup dancers.

Choreograph. Practice. perform. Simple.

yes use the arm ballet you learned from farmer brown - just b/c it was her doesnt make it bad. draw on ALL experience.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:29 PM

heels are great and fine. love the heels. as long as she can dance. someone above posted ten songs all with heels. its not the shoes its her lack of choreographing lack of practice. she thinks she can just sing. she can sing but shes a performer too. the stones dance. madonna performs. it doesnt make them less than serious artists.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:37 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I'm glad they are making the changes. I'm not big on concerts that have a more intimate feeling when you're singing upbeat pop music. But I figured they would reserve the backup singers, dancers, and that sort of thing for bigger shows. I know thats not really fair to the fans that did go to the Moscow shows, but I can understand why they don't want to shell out a lot of money when you're not really getting it back.

Of course I'd like to see her dance more, especially for songs that are already choreographed like MJ. One of the biggest issues would be choreographing dances for the new arrangements; they have weird time changes and they're slower, dancing just wouldn't be fit for them. But, it is her choice, and I think the backup dancers will help a lot if she chooses to not dance. And the high heel thing...I've seen many singers dance in shoes just as high and do very complicated dances, so I don't think thats the problem. Alizee does what she wants, I don't think she would let shoes determine whether or not she dances. So to me, if she isn't dancing, she doesn't want to. But thats just my two cents.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:33 PM

Fixty Sixty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
It means that the advertisement misrepresented the performance by picturing Alizée doing a dynamic dance move in dance footwear suggesting that she would feature her dancing. However, the footwear that Alizée wore in performance indicates that she wasn't featuring her dancing. I don't know why she isn't dancing, but the ad is feeding false expectations which isn't a good thing.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:50 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It means that the advertisement misrepresented the performance by picturing Alizée doing a dynamic dance move in dance footwear suggesting that she would feature her dancing. However, the footwear that Alizée wore in performance indicates that she wasn't featuring her dancing. I don't know why she isn't dancing, but the ad is feeding false expectations which isn't a good thing.
It means her advertising agency was being lazy and just used an existing image for the background, and her promotional staff signed off on it.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 05-31-2008, 02:10 AM

Quote:
what ad? link?
Old 05-31-2008, 03:01 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
heels are great and fine. love the heels. as long as she can dance. someone above posted ten songs all with heels. its not the shoes its her lack of choreographing lack of practice. she thinks she can just sing. she can sing but shes a performer too. the stones dance. madonna performs. it doesnt make them less than serious artists.

Well, the stones have been in the business for about 48 years, they have more experience on how to draw a crowd to a great show. Jagger's still something else and Richards is at the point where he can play one note and the crowd roars.

The stones didn't hit it out perfect, Jagger was shy during the early 60s, and I think what Alizée needs is a little more to draw from, and she'll have the knowledge on what it takes to get something going, and get back up high in the business.

As for the shoe problem, I adore her in anything, but mostly just shoes, maybe some boots or just plain casual shoes, if she keeps it as natural as possible and feels comfortable, she'll put on a great show, and will get win some happiness from me (as if THAT matters).

As for song-fashion synchronization for all shows, I must say I have to agree.