Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Deepwaters = WoW player?
Well, former WoW player. I got my most recent character, a Blood Elf hunter, up to level 61 before I had to quit in order to have time to write. He's still there, parked in suspended animation in Outland. I may take it up again one of these days.

Quote:
P.S. - Daemonspirit/Thunderhorn/70/troll/Priest
IIRC Thunderhorn is a PvP server, right? I leveled three characters to 60 on pre-BC PvP servers and then decided, "screw this, the maturity level around here makes kindergarten look wise and serene," and did my next on an RP-PvE. Definitely an improvement, even if it did feel rather weird not to be flagged all the time.

Anyway -- WoW was fun for a while, and it led me to Alizée. I owe Blizzard Entertainment a huge note of thanks just for that alone.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Well, former WoW player. I got my most recent character, a Blood Elf hunter, up to level 61 before I had to quit in order to have time to write. He's still there, parked in suspended animation in Outland. I may take it up again one of these days.

IIRC Thunderhorn is a PvP server, right? I leveled three characters to 60 on pre-BC PvP servers and then decided, "screw this, the maturity level around here makes kindergarten look wise and serene," and did my next on an RP-PvE. Definitely an improvement, even if it did feel rather weird not to be flagged all the time.

Anyway -- WoW was fun for a while, and it led me to Alizée. I owe Blizzard Entertainment a huge note of thanks just for that alone.

Thunderhorn = PvE (carebears!) I don't like the whole pvp thing.... I remember trying to level in Xroads back in the day - hated that shit! XR was camped from 4pm to midnight......

There should really be enough fans to generate some interest! Maybe posting a thread on all the Realm Forums about Alizée' immenent return?

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
There should really be enough fans to generate some interest! Maybe posting a thread on all the Realm Forums about Alizée' immenent return?
Ooo . . . that's a GREAT idea!!

Something like this:

"As many people around here know, the inspiration for the sexy female Night Elf dance was a performance by the French singer Alizée. Alizée is not only sexier by far than any mere Night Elf, but also has a wonderful voice and terrific performing charisma. She's been gone from the music scene for several years, having taken a long break to get married and have a child, BUT SHE'S BACK!

"Here are some links that will show why Blizz modeled the dance on Alizée. Check 'em out!"

I can't do it of course, because you have to have an active account to post. But yeah, go for it! And make sure this site is one of the links.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:51 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

There is one fundamental problem with the U.S. market. And I hate to say it, but it's true...and somewhat of a self indictment. The large majority of the U.S. music base are self centered English brats with little or no inclination toward accepting French music.

We Alizée fans are indeed a small minority here...a misfit collection of fans. The best we could hope for is maybe Alizée will see our small community and decide to jump across the pond for a quick visit with us...sort of like Santa at the end of Rudolf the Red nosed Reindeer coming by to pick up the misfit toys.

Mes jouets sont vivants

Quote:
Ooo . . . that's a GREAT idea!!

Something like this:

"As many people around here know, the inspiration for the sexy female Night Elf dance was a performance by the French singer Alizée. Alizée is not only sexier by far than any mere Night Elf, but also has a wonderful voice and terrific performing charisma. She's been gone from the music scene for several years, having taken a long break to get married and have a child, BUT SHE'S BACK!

"Here are some links that will show why Blizz modeled the dance on Alizée. Check 'em out!"

I can't do it of course, because you have to have an active account to post. But yeah, go for it! And make sure this site is one of the links.
In your opinion, what should the title of the thread be? I don't want it to get lost!

Ed

Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience

Sanokun is on a distinguished road

God we're oozing geek-ness in our recent threads

Are we trying to convince promotion of this site or are we trying to scare Lili away?

Who knows tho...maybe Alizee has some geek in her
Old 11-13-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
There is one fundamental problem with the U.S. market. And I hate to say it, but it's true...and somewhat of a self indictment. The large majority of the U.S. music base are self centered English brats with little or no inclination toward accepting French music.

We Alizée fans are indeed a small minority here...a misfit collection of fans. The best we could hope for is maybe Alizée will see our small community and decide to jump across the pond for a quick visit with us...sort of like Santa at the end of Rudolf the Red nosed Reindeer coming by to pick up the misfit toys.
zomg! My heart jumped when you said that! Talk about a bloody Christmas present!

Ed

Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 11-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanokun View Post
Are we trying to convince promotion of this site or are we trying to scare Lili away?
Lili does not scare that easily. And even when she scares, she doesn't stay scared long.

Quote:
Who knows tho...maybe Alizee has some geek in her
With a computer engineer for a dad, no question about it.

Ed, how about, "Return of the Real-Life Night Elf"? That's just my first thought, though, maybe I can come up with something better.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Presumably this is in the consciousness of those who need to know already, but Alizee-Mexico actually did sign a formal agreement of some sort with Sony/BMG to become the official site in Mexico for them. So presumably brad could figure out pretty easily whom to contact over there.

Also, it's not like they need to do a whole lot to disseminate information; so far, it's clear that if they, say, send a little care package email to Emilie @ Nidalizee, then like 30 seconds later it's all over Alizée forum-space. If they're talking about more advanced viral marketing (e.g., WoW), then that's another story.

And lastly, some people might be underestimating the people at Sony/BMG, saying things like that we have to write them and let them know we exist. It's not like random people like us had any trouble finding this site. Anyone who wants to know about us over there knows a lot about us already. And they have enough English speakers to figure out all the goings-on too, I have no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post

Mes jouets sont vivants
Agreed, somewhat sadly. I truly doubt that it would be wise for them to attempt to invest the money needed to actually sell any albums or get any airplay in the US. But, you know, most bands in the US never get any airplay either, even lots of the good and reasonably successful ones.

Quote:

Ed, how about, "Return of the Real-Life Night Elf"? That's just my first thought, though, maybe I can come up with something better.
I like it! And yes, she even said she would have wanted to be a dance instructor and/or computer engineer if all this hadn't happened....so it's entirely reasonably to suspect a little hereditary geekhood. (I sense a certain surreptitious excitement from some readers at this point.)

Last edited by fsquared; 11-13-2007 at 10:14 PM..
Old 11-13-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Lili does not scare that easily. And even when she scares, she doesn't stay scared long.

I can't post on the WoW forums from work (dam filtering software) - but I'm off tomorrow, so I'll do it then!

Ed

Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience