Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 07-06-2010, 03:25 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
Ok... I was enjoying this discussion...
Haha it was just that I was worried I was making a little technicality seem massive by having a huge discussion over it.
Quote:
But I have never cared about lyrics... If I did, how could I listen to music in a language I can't speak? As long as the voice sounds good, I don't mind.
That's the great thing about Alizée (and a load of other French singers' music)- you can enjoy it without having any understanding of French. And even if you do understand it, I certainly find that I enjoy it just as much.
Quote:
And one last thing. Babyblue, never listen to Kpop, because most kpop songs have just one or two random English words thrown in, so that would definitely throw you off! But it's all good.
Hmm that does sound like something that might get on my nerves, but since I can't speak a word of Korean (whereas I have some understanding of French) I think it wouldn't bug me as much.

Last edited by babyblue558; 07-06-2010 at 03:30 PM..
Old 07-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have the Music-editing abilities to edit out the "hey Mr. DJ" part? haha. It's good but sorta makes the song weerd and somewhat unoriginal since that was used by Madonna. Either way this song has been on "Top of my iPod" for the last couple days. Amazing version of Moi...Lolita
Old 07-07-2010, 12:35 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

You wouldn't be left with much, but a very quiet under vocal of lo-li-ta. But it is certainly possible. You just need sonftware that can detect channels of audio, and delete the one her vocals are on when she says it. Sorry, I don't know of any such software!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You wouldn't be left with much, but a very quiet under vocal of lo-li-ta. But it is certainly possible. You just need sonftware that can detect channels of audio, and delete the one her vocals are on when she says it. Sorry, I don't know of any such software!
Time to start PM'n. Cause I know someone was able to take the sound of the cats meowing out of Abracadabra, so it can be done I shall get this non-Mr. DJ version even if my zzzzz.....
Old 07-07-2010, 08:56 AM

I used to not believe it were possible with publicly available software. But this past week, I found where some songs I really like had been split. They left just the vocals. There was a little bit of strange ambient background noise, but that shouldn't be a problem if whoever plans on leaving the music. Whatever's left should drown that stuff out.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

I like the version of the song, but hate that it's in the doc type file
Old 07-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, nobody seems to like the "Hey, Mr. DJ" part but that's the only part I really like. It adds more of a fun twist to the otherwise not-all-THAT-different version. Maybe it's because I always liked that song.

I prefer the original, but this one isn't bad!

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 07-09-2010, 08:45 PM

'Ey, read back a few pages! I said I liked the 'Mr.Dj' part! It's the most unique part. But I do think the song is different enough. First, her voice is more mature, but much less uh... What did Lady Cameron call it... Oh, contralto. I think. I don't know Italian. Second, the guitar, bass, and drums make it far more rock-feeling than pop. But otherwise, yeah, it is pretty similar.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:16 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

As far as I see (or hear??) it, her voice is not as deep as in the original (or at least in the verses anyway), and less controlled. I don't mean that in a bad way, she's just rocking out in a similar way she did in the En Concert performance, as opposed to the precision that she achieved in the album track. I may be wrong, and I have no knowledge of musical terminology so I can't really get it across any more specifically than that.

I too adore the rock sound, and the studio version really brings out all the complexities of the arrangement in a far clearer way than the M6 Live performance in 2008 did. I think I'm actually starting to really prefer the introduction of this version to the violin introduction of the album track. Okay, okay sharpen your pitchforks all you like.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
her voice is not as deep as in the original
Oops I just looked up the meaning of "contralto" and it means exactly that... beat me to it haha.

Last edited by babyblue558; 07-09-2010 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
'Ey, read back a few pages! I said I liked the 'Mr.Dj' part! It's the most unique part. But I do think the song is different enough. First, her voice is more mature, but much less uh... What did Lady Cameron call it... Oh, contralto. I think. I don't know Italian. Second, the guitar, bass, and drums make it far more rock-feeling than pop. But otherwise, yeah, it is pretty similar.
Oh! I didn't see. I'm not alone, then!

I think her voice sounds wayyy different really, at first I almost thought it wasn't her! It's much much higher, and moooore.. hmmmmm.. precise?

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée