Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
You know.. if you think about if, I'm sure Alizée would be pretty offended by this thread. The integrity of her relationship with Jeremy has been questioned and there's been speculation that her husband is gay. Call me old school, but I don't think she'd be overly impressed by this conversation.
Agreed. Some people just don't know when things are in poor taste.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
Agreed. Some people just don't know when things are in poor taste.
I mean, as fans, of course we're going to speculate, and we do do a crap ton of it! But maybe we shouldn't be so offensive about it. We wouldn't want to bring the wrath of the Goddess upon us.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I mean, as fans, of course we're going to speculate, and we do do a crap ton of it! But maybe we shouldn't be so offensive about it. We wouldn't want to bring the wrath of the Goddess upon us.
Just to clarify, I don't actually think Jérémy is gay. (Anyway he's never made a pass at me. ) I just tossed that out there as a way of saying, "we don't know doodly-squat here." I suppose he might be bisexual but if he were gay he wouldn't have married a woman and fathered a child.

I have a dislike for threads of this nature that try to probe into Alizée's private life, which she has made it abundantly clear she does NOT want to be any of the public's business. If there are any problems in her marriage (and it would be surprising if there weren't -- aren't there problems in all marriages?) we're still in no position to help solve them, and it's still none of our concern. Frankly, I think this thread should be closed.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
I agree. People should stay out of her private life. There's a reason why she is hiding from the public.
We know little about the private Alizée. People are making up fantasies about her. Maybe they are totally wrong.
Yep. we're making judgements and speculations that we have no right to make. Saying such things (and worrying about such things) about her private/personal life and relationships is sort of crossing the line, not just for us; that goes for fans of any celebrity. The truth of the matter is we don't know Alizee or Jeremy, therefore it's silly to assume or even care, really, about what goes on behind closed doors.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 10-18-2010, 11:45 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Dont forget guys, in a somewhat recent interview, she did say that she wants a "public who is more interested in my music than my private life."

-2010-03-13 Clark magazine #41

Last edited by BrianO1; 10-19-2010 at 12:01 AM..
Old 10-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
Dont forget guys, in a somewhat recent interview, she did say that she wants a "public who is more interested in my music than my private life."

-2010-03-13 Clark magazine #41
Just to play devils advocate.. there's really not much going on with her music right now, so I guess it's just natural for our interest to wander.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah, speculating is fine, but there are certain boundaries that we should respect, like you said no need to be "so offensive about it."
Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink You appreciate it more when you have to beg for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Look, we know next to nothing about their relationship and that's the way both of them want it... and there's no reason we should expect to. Honestly, I think the premise of this thread is flawed in itself.
People are entitled to grow and change their mind about the compromises they must make to optimize their happiness, so no final supposition about how someone felt about something can be made until they are no more, and even then mysteries may endure forever. (Some "sleeper agents" are never activated before they pass away.) I would not be surprised if Alizée has changed a lot in the decade-plus she has been a public figure, especially so because she was a young teen when it all started.

A celebrity and interviewer agree to an interview when it is, on balance, to their mutual advantage to alternatives. Even apparently "spontaneous" interviews can follow earlier negotiations about what will and won't be discussed. Either party can of course break such agreements, but only at the price of consequences which follow from the power politics of their two situations.

with this preamble, I will observe that in doing publicity for UEdS this spring, Alizée cooperated in one of the very few interviews I audited to talk about her family and their activities. By such means, I learned that so far, Annily is not very good at golf.

Now, one might argue that an interview is sometimes only grudgingly given out of necessity, and in all events talking about your daughter's sports prowess is hardly the same as discussing the stability of your marriage.

To this objection I will answer that only a year ago, quite spontaneously, outside the venue of any interview, Alizée tweeted at her Twitter account that the "rumor" that she and Jérémy were at the point of breaking up was not true. I had not known of any such "rumor" before her denial, and at the time, I explicitly offered that it could easily be a savvy invention, for the sake of creating a buzz about her while she and Institubes labored furiously to complete the recording work for the upcoming album. I hope no one thinks that Alizée just felt a mysterious urge to don a prom dress and pose like Madonna for the hell of it in the spring, as opposed to creating a motivation for people to talk about her again.

For all you guys know, I could be a simple tool of such likewise gossip-mongering... which squeezes out a few more new sales by keeping the last licks of a flame alive. Not everyone is willing to acquiesce to reconstructive surgery!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

None of that has any bearing on the situation under discussion. We should not be probing into her personal life. We have little or no information about it, and that's the way she wants it. Yes, she is capable of changing her mind. If and when she does, we are likely to find out about that. So far we have not.

About the Tweet -- YOU may not have heard any rumors, but that doesn't mean others hadn't. I certainly had; there was an article in a French gossip rag that said they were splitting up. And in the tweet itself there were no details, just a joke -- Ha-ha, right, I'm leaving Jérémy for Julien Doré. No real information at all, and thus no sign of any change in approach. We know nothing about all that, whether the article was totally made up or based on a misunderstood leak, whether there were problems in the relationship that didn't lead to a separation, or anything. Situation normal.

Let it be.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 10-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile The right to remain silent - even in Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
About the Tweet -- YOU may not have heard any rumors, but that doesn't mean others hadn't. I certainly had; there was an article in a French gossip rag...
It remains the case that a year ago, Alizée made a categorical statement to THE WHOLE WORLD (or at least those in it who give two cents about the matter) concerning the state of her marriage, for whatever reason. No one forced her to do so.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 10-19-2010 at 04:03 AM..

Tags
advice, anniversary, itch, marrige, seven_7, year