Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-17-2006, 06:20 AM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

My turn, read if you want, I'm only trying to share.
To start with the basics, I'm 17, male, born and raised in southern California.

Life has been pretty tame this summer, I sort of broke all contact with my high school friends. I'm not much into the party-scene anymore, those nights always end in trouble. I don't consider my town in any way dangerous, and I'll be the first to admit that your group is "harder" than my group, but I've been around in shitty neighborhoods, and I've had the had the ever-so-pleasant experiance of having a gun looking me in the face, people just have different values of what's most important, pride and respect sound cliché, but that's the way some people live their lives, I've seen families pull weapons on one another beacuse nobody wants to back down. I've tried to let my friends know how much of their trouble is self-imposed, but after being in such a shitty environments for so many years, I'm over it. So yeah, I don't hang out with friends anymore.

My brother-in-law is a firefighter for one of the biggest cities on the west coast. I've been lucky enough to go on a few 24-hour shifts with him over the years. Being a firefighter has it's advantages, like the New Years day I got to see the Rose Parade floats up close and personal before the parade because we were "checking the building for safety hazards", or the time we made some little boy's day just by letting him wear a hemlet and take a picture in the truck; but another time we had to wake up at 3:00 A.M. to clear out some lady's rain-gutter, because it caused her roof to leak, which could start an electrical fire with all the lights and stuff and you have to answer every call anyway for liability reasons and stuff. When he worked as the medic, I got to see some sick parts of human natue, but the good things are what I remember and outshine anything. I've seen a few DB's, some gnarly stab wounds, highway accidents, peoples inside organs on the outside, but I also got to see someone's heart come back to life after the patient was actually announced dead. I didn't think I had the stomach for this sort of thing, but when you're around someone who NEEDS help, and you CAN help, all the icky squishy details don't seem to matter. Strangely, on my first visit, we only had one call having to do with fire, it was somebody's stove, and it was out before we even got there. Before I got my first BIG fire call, I never really grasped the concept of how insane it is to willingly drop your entire life and run into a situation that you might not come back from in order to MAYBE find someone inside that you can help, until I saw the father of my sister's kids leave the truck without hesitation.

There is nowhere else I'd rather be than So. Cal., the ability to pick up and go to the beach for no reason is something I've been spoiled with. I've never been on a surf board because a lot of our surfers are Laguna Beach poser-douche bags, body surfing is where it's at . Something I've only done once has caused me to get back in shape so I can try it again, is swimming way-out in the ocean. A lot of triathalon trainees and old navy seal guys often go out about a quarter of a mile offshore, past the breakers, and just swim from pier to pier all day long. I had the guts to go out there one time with my dad. It's a crazy test of willpower because you are so alone, and there is nowhere to rest if your muscles give out.

California is so great, I'm even happy to be stuck in traffic at times because I can just think "This is my home, and all these crazy mexicans live here too, I'm among my big happy Californian family!".

The only TV I've watched lately has been on the Science Channel. It has some trippy things to learn if you take the time to soak it all in. One night my brother and I got really deep into the light spectrum, we stayed up until sunrise debating what color a yellow banana is. There are so many parts to the universe we don't even know how to understand. Some theories involve concepts the human mind can't handle, infinity for one. Human existance is so minor it can get you down at times, many equations show life as a fluke, but strangely, it makes me really religious. If the universe is a giant machine backed by reason and purpose, than what purpose does it serve if life is not around to obvserve it?

Of course, I'm big on video games, have been all my life. This coming fall, Game Simulation Design should be my major in college. I figure I'll need something to do after high school and what better way to spend my time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
I am hooked on to a game called a Oblivion I have over 130 hours on that game and I've had since March.
Same here , it gave me an excuse to get a new pc. That game and Alizée is a terrible combo to your social life, plus it makes every day kind of fuzz together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Patton View Post
As you can see by my name and by my sig, I love to study histroy. Esp the 20th century. I love studying World War 2, and the Cold War. A watch very little tv, but when I do it either the histroy channel or the military channel. I also enjoy building models, mostly planes.
So thats what I like to do.
WWII history is good stuff, there are a few good air museums around here that I've been to, and my grandpa actually landed on Omaha. Corsica had some heavy action in WWII, so I actually knew a bit about it before I knew about Alizée. I love playing games or reading the first-hand stories from around then, school never explains the mindset people had.

P.S. that 3rd army buisness was genious, good work on that!

Anyone ever played paintball? I'm tired of typing, but ask and I shall tell.

Nothing in my life has grabbed my attention as strongly as Alizée, even if it is a phase and I grow out of it, for better of worse, she has already made an impact on who I am. She gets a BIG part in this.

OMG that's huge!!! well, somebody wanted a novel, didn't they?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:13 AM

aFrenchie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeebrother View Post
I always soccer in my room .. i 'm multiplayer, Gk , midfield.
DO you no Phascal chimbonda in FRance?
I'm not fond of football (or soccer here) but I've heard his name, so yes
(and it's Pascal)
Old 08-17-2006, 01:25 PM

General Patton is on a distinguished road

Obilivion and Alizee are a terrible combo to your social life! I never been to the school dances too busy playing obilivion!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:46 PM

Bob is on a distinguished road

haha well before i wrote a top 5, now i have time to write a novel longer than a steven king novel =)
14 years old male born and still near chicago.
I've been livin the party life this summer with breaks for adrenaline rushes. ive been to countless parties this summer and had a lot of fun.

i went on an 8 day white water guide training camp, and a 2 week trip to several places in colorado and utah, where i went mountain biking in several good places, crested butte, moad, fruita, steamboat, park city... with a 2 day white water trip on the colorado river thrown in the mix. i only fell twice off my specialized stumpjumper, never really got injured, but i did flip in my ducky( rubber inflatable kayak ).

i also dont watch much tv, if it is its only usually the colbert report or the daily show, i do play my 360 with friends, when they are over ( unless im partying i have em over every day anyway )

my family is pretty cool, i have 2 sisters, one works for google( btw the rumors are true, its AWSOME there) and one who has spina bifida, and is parapalegic, and my dad is a lawyer, my mom just a cool mom that doesnt care what i do unless i get arrested =)

im very happy that i live where i live, a 30 min trip to downtown chicago on the "L" and i live a block and a half from lake michigan, and i have a pool in my backyard the weather in chicago isnt always great but i can live with it =)

i found out about alizee about 2 months ago while lookign through google video one day when i came upon alizée right after that is when i had to leave on my 2 week trip. i got back and kind of held it in until finally about a week and a half ago i joined this site

i still have more to write but im too lazy now, but if you ever want to go on a white water rafting trip ( they are really fun ) ask me i might be able to direct you to what you want to do
This post may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or bob's work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Last edited by Bob; 08-18-2006 at 04:48 PM..
Old 08-17-2006, 11:53 PM
turn it up! :D

Urb4n is on a distinguished road

well Bt_bird_90 I took the time to read yours actually, it all sounds pretty interesting. I might write my lil life story later also.