Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:52 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Maybe it is difficult to believe that a sexier more libertine Alizée would have worked because most people who still like her today are obviously not after that kind of image, but I am really convinced that she would be selling millions of records today if she did become the new MF, and again, not so much in looks, but in the fundamental nature of the act. Also, I do not think the MF niche was or is saturated.
The thing is, that's just not Alizée. That isn't the type of music or image she likes or wants anymore. It would have been a huge act, a lot of work, and her heart would not have been in it. Add the fact that she is raising a famiily.....

Now, it works for Mylene because her work IS her life, and that image and type of music IS her. The fact she transposed a younger version of herself onto young girl name Alizée for a couple of albums is great, it worked out for everyone. When Lilly became a woman, a woman nothing like Mylene... there was no longer a point to it.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-16-2011, 06:49 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
...In pop music, the singer that is introduced as “clean” and then turns into a “sexier”, “dirtier” or “darker” singer is really quite common. Some singers have managed this transformation pretty well and I don’t see why it would have been impossible for Alizée to successfully transform that way.
As I said before, the problem is that this evolution was really hard to do for her, cause she already began in the " sexy" class, more or less with her consent...
"Clean" singers grown-up , and become sexier in a rebellion act.
The rebellion act of Alizée was to escape from Mylène influence, and to weaken the sexy image for a more artistic image...
Old 01-16-2011, 10:19 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

I think there might be some confusion here. All I am saying is that regardless of what Alizée chose to become, if she had wanted to become a sexier more libertine act, she could easily have done it successfully. The transition from the early ambivalent Alizée (a clean shy and reserved adolescent girl singing a sexually charged song like Moi...Lolita) to a more MF/LB oriented act would have been quite natural and the masses (but not necessarily her early fans) would have gone for it. After MCE, Alizée gradually showing more skin in videos exploiting sex, violence, gender confusion, religious matters, death... would have been a very popular act, I am convinced about that.

Was this the long term plan MF/LB had for Alizée? Speculation on my part, but I do think so. Is this what Alizée ran away from? Circumstantial evidence and the quote that severianb provided seem to indicate that it is. Do I regret that Alizée made that career change? Nope.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Was this the long term plan MF/LB had for Alizée? Speculation on my part, but I do think so. Is this what Alizée ran away from? Circumstantial evidence and the quote that severianb provided seem to indicate that it is. Do I regret that Alizée made that career change? Nope.
The amount of people who DO regret it are high. The number of people on this board who wish she was back doing the MF/LB thang is easily 50 percent. I've also noticed an age skew to those numbers. The MF/LB stuff was aimed at younger fans, for the most part, and many of the young fans on this board express disdain for her new work, and praise of her old work. That's not a hard and fast rule, but it's been my observation that older fans in general seem more accepting of her recent work.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-16-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
The amount of people who DO regret it are high. The number of people on this board who wish she was back doing the MF/LB thang is easily 50 percent. I've also noticed an age skew to those numbers. The MF/LB stuff was aimed at younger fans, for the most part, and many of the young fans on this board express disdain for her new work, and praise of her old work. That's not a hard and fast rule, but it's been my observation that older fans in general seem more accepting of her recent work.
In my mind, there was no continuation of the Alizée/MF/LB in the way many people here conceive it. I don’t believe that what MF/LB had in mind for Alizée was more MCE. I think it was the end of this and the beginning of a sexier more libertine image for Alizée as far as MF/LB were concerned. So, in that sense, I prefer that she moved to other things.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

There may be many people who wish Alizée had remained with MF/LB and continued doing the same things, but that's along the lines of wishing time to stand still. It's not even remotely realistic. It amounts to a big "WAAAAAHH" without sense or intelligence.

If the team had stayed together, they would have done something different, and those people would still be whining. There's no way that she could have continued to do what she was doing before no matter who she was working with. Girls grow up and become women. That's life.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-16-2011, 12:55 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

If Alizee stuck with Mylene hmm..

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

The "sexier, more libertine" Alizee WOULD have been very successful - but not for long. She really wouldn't be Alizee anymore (though you could argue that she was never "truly Alizee" from the beginning, but you know what I mean). She just doesn't seem to have the type of personality to be able to pull such an image off, or even want to. Not only that, but that image is so commonly done in today's music industry that I feel like she'd kinda fizzle out after a while the way most stars these days do. I'd personally like to see her keep making music and have a long, ongoing career, but that may very well not be what she wants.

However, when I think about the possibilities on the other side of the spectrum, her former popularity and Mylene's popularity would most likely be enough to keep her afloat. And besides, the music industry is a cycle; young girl grows to be highly successful, has a good run, gets older, public loses interest, cue the next young girl. Who's to say that wouldn't happen to her anyways, no matter what image she tried?

Quote:
If the team had stayed together, they would have done something different, and those people would still be whining. There's no way that she could have continued to do what she was doing before no matter who she was working with. Girls grow up and become women. That's life.
I agree. She couldn't have kept up the Lolita business, but I think the image she had in MCE could have carried on for a while with variations here and there and still be successful. It wasn't childish, but not quite "serious mature adult", either. It's not impossible to keep a clean image (with some more mature songs thrown in of course because that's life) for many years.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 01-16-2011 at 02:29 PM..
Old 01-16-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

Regards,

Jung
Hmmm...

Lisa is MF’s real-life niece for those who don’t know.
And cute innocent lyrics as well.

"elle… N'est pas du genre à se pendre"
"... she... is not the type to hang herself"
Old 01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

Regards,

Jung
Some things make us all go Hmmm. I could not see Alizée doing that. Yes this Lisa, Mylenes niece is really a cute girl, and the lyrics probably good. But Alizée had to move forward in her music career, and she knew it. Rumour has it there may be a reunion, how plausible or true I dont know, however, if so being I surely hope Mylene comes up with something quite a lot better than this.
Closed Thread