Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 02-17-2020, 02:10 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Oh okay, okay.
Maybe she doesn't even realize that there are so many fans that still love her. Or maybe she simply knows nothing about her future and she doesn't want to promise anything.
Honestly, after Maggy's birth, I don't even know if it's right to hope for a comeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I think you have described the most likely explanation, Aragorn. I think it is very likely that she isn't sure yet what she will want to do, or be able to do, and I'm sure she knows it is much easier and causes a lot less drama and disappointment for her fans if she waits till things are settled and certain before she announces definite plans.
I think Vadim Sanderson's Youtube channel and his Italo Disco videos generating over 55 million views in the past two years shows there are plenty of fans still out there. I wonder if she's even aware of that? We should tweet something to that effect. Anyone here good at tweeting?

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-l...able_polymer=1
Old 02-17-2020, 03:01 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think Vadim Sanderson's Youtube channel and his Italo Disco videos generating over 55 million views in the past two years shows there are plenty of fans still out there. I wonder if she's even aware of that? We should tweet something to that effect. Anyone here good at tweeting?
I don't have a Twitter account, but I'm sure we have plenty of members that do.

What is unfortunate for Alizee is that she has been somewhat marginalized in her home country. It would have been nice if Alizee had some degree of success with Blonde and had concerts in smaller venues around France and Belgium. Lorie Pester does not have near the following that Alizee does, but she still puts out albums and has three or four concerts a month in various locations around France.

Alizee is very popular in eastern Europe and Russia and of course Mexico. It's more complicated and expensive to tour outside of your home country if you are going to do something besides karaoke concerts.

I had mentioned before that Alizee has over 3000 fan made videos of her on YouTube, which is an incredible number. She has a quite large "cult" following, but the fans are spread out across the world. That is her biggest obstacle to having a successful album and concert tour.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:09 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Ok…

Hmm…

I’m contemplating a “virtual” Alizée…

“Downscale” things…

Forget “conventional” “touring” and “concerts”, go totally “web based”…

Video “singles” and “albums”, no “hard copy”…

You want a concert, “shoot” it in a studio, air it on the “Net”…

That way, all the fans, no matter where they are, regardless of geographical location, can access and appreciate it, as long as they can access the “net”…

Or…

Hire a venue, fill it with huge monitors and an “epic” sound system and “air” the “recorded” concert there…

Alizée, without the Alizée…

The “feel” of a concert, without the “muss” and “fuss”...

Same kind of idea as some of these animated virtual idols…

Now THERE is an idea…
Old 02-17-2020, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyone here good at tweeting?
Very interesting idea, Scruffy. Unfortunately, though I signed up for a Twitter account awhile back, I’ve never sent a “Tweet” and I really don’t know much about it all. But I love the idea of reaching Alizée via Twitter! Can one somehow “invite” a user to follow them on Twitter? This is one of the things I don’t know about it. But I definitely agree that it would be a good idea to find a way to be sure she knows the extent of her following.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Very interesting idea, Scruffy. Unfortunately, though I signed up for a Twitter account awhile back, I’ve never sent a “Tweet” and I really don’t know much about it all. But I love the idea of reaching Alizée via Twitter! Can one somehow “invite” a user to follow them on Twitter? This is one of the things I don’t know about it. But I definitely agree that it would be a good idea to find a way to be sure she knows the extent of her following.
I have an account, but seldom tweeted though I did inhale (political joke). Maybe we can come up with a good picture to tweet to get the message across then apply the appropriate hash tags to reach those who need to be reached.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:35 PM

As far as what picture to use, I think this one would be best. This I think is the most popular video of Vadims so far with 18 million views in the past year.

As far as what to say in the tweet, I think it would be something like,
"Vadim Sanderson's Youtube videos featuring Alizee have generated over 55
million views in the past 2 years."

I have to check to see what Twitters size limitation are for a picture and how many characters can you have for text. I think the text is way too long but we'll figure it out.

Of course a critical part is who to target with the hash tags?

alizee italo disco.jpg

Edit:

Just found out the character limitation is 140 and here's what it says about pictures.

Photos can be up to 5MB; animated GIFs can be up to 5MB on mobile, and up to 15MB on web.
We accept GIF, JPEG, and PNG files.
We DO NOT accept BMP, TIFF or other file formats.
Your photo will be automatically scaled for display in your expanded Tweet and in your gallery.

So it looks like what I suggested for a message is well within in the limits. Maybe it can be polished up some.

The picture I used is only 18kb so maybe we can come up with something better.

I almost forgot. We should add a link to that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwArfRlsaM

That puts the character count at 151.........needs trimming!

Edit:

Got it down to 140

There were 55 million views of Vadim Sanderson's Italo disco videos with Alizee in just 2 years https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwArfRlsaM

Edit:

Tossing another version out there. I wanted to stress that these views were just in the past 2 years.

Over 55 million views of Vadim Sanderson's Italo disco videos with Alizee in just the past 2 years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwArfRlsaM

I would like to add somehow that her fans are still here.....waiting, but there's no way to add that to the text. Maybe adding text to the picture or would that take away from it?

This is lousy as far as the color of the text. Just throwing it out there for opinions on the idea?

alizee italo disco fans waiting.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-18-2020 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 02-18-2020, 07:12 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Tossing another version out there. I wanted to stress that these views were just in the past 2 years.

Over 55 million views of Vadim Sanderson's Italo disco videos with Alizee in just the past 2 years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwArfRlsaM

I would like to add somehow that her fans are still here.....waiting, but there's no way to add that to the text. Maybe adding text to the picture or would that take away from it?

This is lousy as far as the color of the text. Just throwing it out there for opinions on the idea?

Attachment 2994
I like this version because, as you said, it highlights the numbers behind Alizée. Numbers and statistics are more immediate and likely to get attention.
But, how about making also an Instagram post? I don't use Twitter very often and, if I remember correctly, it should be the same for Alizée. Moreover, our goal is to make Alizée view this "info" so I think we shouldn't ignore her favourite social network. And, the more we are the better: there should be more Alizée-related IG accounts than Twitter ones, right? We could try to convince these accounts to post the same image at the same time, using hashtags and tagging her. This way we will increase the chances of being noticed by her.

As for the image, I don't know, but I think we should use something very famous and easily recognizable. Something that make people say "Oh I remember this beautiful woman... She sang that song, right?". In my opinion, something from the JPVA live at La fete de la musique would be perfect: she was charming and was wearing one of her most famous outfits.
But using something that refers to Vadim Sanderson's video may also work.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I like this version because, as you said, it highlights the numbers behind Alizée. Numbers and statistics are more immediate and likely to get attention.
But, how about making also an Instagram post? I don't use Twitter very often and, if I remember correctly, it should be the same for Alizée. Moreover, our goal is to make Alizée view this "info" so I think we shouldn't ignore her favourite social network. And, the more we are the better: there should be more Alizée-related IG accounts than Twitter ones, right? We could try to convince these accounts to post the same image at the same time, using hashtags and tagging her. This way we will increase the chances of being noticed by her.

As for the image, I don't know, but I think we should use something very famous and easily recognizable. Something that make people say "Oh I remember this beautiful woman... She sang that song, right?". In my opinion, something from the JPVA live at La fete de la musique would be perfect: she was charming and was wearing one of her most famous outfits.
But using something that refers to Vadim Sanderson's video may also work.
That's a great idea to use Instagram and we should use it at the same time.

I kind of like that image because it's not one of the overly sexy images from back then that I think Alizee might not react favourably to. We're not trying to get potential fans to notice this. We are trying to get Alizee and Gregoire to notice this. It's a very beautiful image of her in just an average dress, but more importantly, it's the still you see when view the very successful YT link to the video ala ......

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-18-2020 at 08:00 PM..
Old 02-19-2020, 09:22 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's a very beautiful image of her in just an average dress, but more importantly, it's the still you see when view the very successful YT link to the video ala
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's better to use something that is related to the video.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:30 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's a great idea to use Instagram and we should use it at the same time.
Doing this would be worthwhile if we can somehow get it on her IG feed so she sees it. Alizee follows over 1600 accounts and I have scrolled through them all. I found only four accounts out of those that would be considered her fan sites. They are:

vibesofalizee
Ske_leton
alizeedusiecle
alizee.updates

Out of those four, Ske and alizee.updates are the most active. It would be nice to get the cooperation of one of them to repost on their feed so that Alizee would see it.