Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
That is awesome, Deepwaters! How hard is it to break into the sci-fi market?
I'm about to find out.

I had a girlfriend who had two novels published, neither of which did very well, and I think mine is better than hers were. She did find a publisher, though, so I'm pretty hopeful I will, too.

Quote:
Well, I'm delving again into the realm of pure speculation, but presumably making a full-on comeback is a high-pressure sort of thing . . . maybe it's like "this is your one chance or your career's really over".
Whatever the media may have said, any record producer is going to know that MCE was not a failure, just not as big a success as Gourmandises. I think there are two other sources of stress, though, one professional and one personal. The professional side comes from the fact that she's going with different writers and musicians and a whole new image. So this is uncharted territory. The personal side comes from the fact that this is a huge change in her life, going back to performing. All the rhythms of her family life are going to change, and that puts stress on any family even if the change is good.

But she's made the decision apparently, so unless we have either a snag in negotiations with a record company, a nervous breakdown, or a marital crisis, I can't see either of these factors causing the delays.

Quote:
And, how many mothers would dream of the personal and financial freedom to be able to stay at home with their 2-year-old daughters? Regardless of how much we as fans want new product, I suppose we cannot begrudge her that...
Absolutely! And if she'd said that was what she wanted to do, instead of the opposite, no one would have any business complaining. But it's not. We've known she was in the studio working on the new album for over a year now. We've heard recently that it was just about finished. There's some wonderful talent contributing to it. It sounds like a hell of a good job! All the indications, from her and from others working on the album, is that she is committed to making a comeback.

And so we grow impatient. And would like to know when to expect to hear that golden voice again, singing something new.

Heaven knows, if she wants to savor a last few months of peace between working in the studio (which I gather is now finished) and doing the big-star dance again, I can understand that! Everyone can understand that and accept it! But say so. Don't say "new single in June" and then have us wait until fall. That's just painful.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-07-2007, 01:24 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Well said. I reread the translation of the April fan meeting and it makes the points that you make. But I guess in this case I'm going to be pessimistic and not hold my breath until Sept-Oct like that Swiss studio was talking about...
Old 07-12-2007, 02:18 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I'm about to find out.

I had a girlfriend who had two novels published, neither of which did very well, and I think mine is better than hers were. She did find a publisher, though, so I'm pretty hopeful I will, too.

Whatever the media may have said, any record producer is going to know that MCE was not a failure, just not as big a success as Gourmandises. I think there are two other sources of stress, though, one professional and one personal. The professional side comes from the fact that she's going with different writers and musicians and a whole new image. So this is uncharted territory. The personal side comes from the fact that this is a huge change in her life, going back to performing. All the rhythms of her family life are going to change, and that puts stress on any family even if the change is good.

But she's made the decision apparently, so unless we have either a snag in negotiations with a record company, a nervous breakdown, or a marital crisis, I can't see either of these factors causing the delays.

Absolutely! And if she'd said that was what she wanted to do, instead of the opposite, no one would have any business complaining. But it's not. We've known she was in the studio working on the new album for over a year now. We've heard recently that it was just about finished. There's some wonderful talent contributing to it. It sounds like a hell of a good job! All the indications, from her and from others working on the album, is that she is committed to making a comeback.

And so we grow impatient. And would like to know when to expect to hear that golden voice again, singing something new.

Heaven knows, if she wants to savor a last few months of peace between working in the studio (which I gather is now finished) and doing the big-star dance again, I can understand that! Everyone can understand that and accept it! But say so. Don't say "new single in June" and then have us wait until fall. That's just painful.
BTW I reread some of the old stuff about the delays with MCE, which they attributed to the desire to record the English language songs. If there's a similar explanation here, that wouldn't be so bad, I suppose. (The only unfortunate part being Deepwaters not participating of course; I'm still very impressed by his JEAM English version). If they're trying to tailor it to maximize commercial success, I could understand that too.

Of course, we're a biased sample; I presume that they could release a 74-minute loop of her hocking a loogie into a trash can and almost all of us here would still buy it, but that's only a couple of thousand copies of guaranteed sales. (This whole post is probably irrelevant and that image is truly tasteless but for some reason I felt an odd compulsion to vocalize it. Sorry.)
Old 07-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Well said, Deepwaters, we do have to accept whatever she decides is best for her and support her in doing it. That is what true fans do! If we were to turn around and say unspeakable things about her because she delayed her album or decided to live a peaceful family life, we would be hypocrites, and despicable people as well. To promise someone you support them and then turn your back on them when they most need your support would show cowardice. Luckily, I believe there is no one on this forum of such character, so this will not be a problem.

However on the other end of things it is true that she has made a commitment as well. She promised her fans an album before the end of this year, and, in my opinion, sh should follow through on this promise. However, if this should prove itself impossible, which could well happen, I believe she owes it to us to at least give us an explanation as to the problem or a commitment to keep going until the album is finished.

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
However, if this should prove itself impossible, which could well happen, I believe she owes it to us to at least give us an explanation as to the problem or a commitment to keep going until the album is finished.
Funny thing is . . . I think maybe, just maybe, she did reassure us. In her own cryptic way. I'll say no more.

Fsquared, if Alizée wants me to help write lyrics in English I'm agreeable and she knows where to find me. I doubt that the delays with this album are anything like that, though, because I understand all the studio recording work has already been done.

Last edited by Deepwaters; 07-13-2007 at 10:52 AM..
Old 07-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Talking Ok, I'll play . . . .

Quote:
While we wait for the emergence of our new and transformed Lili from her coccoon, let's play a game in which we guess at the answers to the following questions about her new single. The one with the most correct guesses wins, and the prize is -- eh, I'll think of something.

The questions below are presented in multiple-choice format, but feel free to write in answers not mentioned. For example, if you think the new single will be a Reggae song in Portuguese, by all means say so!

Here we go:

1) The new single will be: a) in French, and released to a French market; b) in English, and released to an international market; c) in Corsu, and released to a Corsican audience; or d) in Lithuanian, and released in honor of Amelie.

2) The new single will be: a) a melodic ballad; b) a hard-driving rock song; c) a catchy dance tune; or d) a rap/hip-hop number.

3) The new single will be about: a) love and romance; b) something deeply philosophical; c) Corsica; d) something occult or mystical; or e) something completely personal about Alizée's own life. (Multiple answers are allowed for this one, e.g. it might be something deeply personal to Alizée and also about love and romance.)

4) The new single will be written/composed by: a) Jérémy Chatelain; b) that other guy we've heard about whose name I always forget that's supposed to be working on the new album; c) Alizée; d) Mylène and Laurent, even though supposedly they're not; or e) someone else we haven't heard about yet.

Contest ends when the single is actually released and we have the answers. Go for it!
1. - French - gotta be loyal to her biggest fan base first, i'm guessing.
2. - Dance song - i'm betting
3. - Light and frothy, about love.
4. - Jérémy with somone else - who i have no idea....
5. - "Amour"...... nuf said!

You can send my award to the Virtual Concert, because her new single will be out by then!!!

Ed

Last edited by Edcognito; 07-13-2007 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: Keyword
Old 07-13-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
BTW I reread some of the old stuff about the delays with MCE, which they attributed to the desire to record the English language songs. If there's a similar explanation here, that wouldn't be so bad, I suppose. (The only unfortunate part being Deepwaters not participating of course; I'm still very impressed by his JEAM English version). If they're trying to tailor it to maximize commercial success, I could understand that too.

Of course, we're a biased sample; I presume that they could release a 74-minute loop of her hocking a loogie into a trash can and almost all of us here would still buy it, but that's only a couple of thousand copies of guaranteed sales. (This whole post is probably irrelevant and that image is truly tasteless but for some reason I felt an odd compulsion to vocalize it. Sorry.)
DAM YOU! I snorted about 300 ml of coka cola through my noze! :P

Not only is that a terrible image (but funny as hell to me - sorry!), but i WOULD buy the dam thing. . . . .

I'm really lost! (in a good way i think, but after this last image, i'm not entirely sure anymore!)

Ed
Old 07-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Not only is that a terrible image (but funny as hell to me - sorry!), but i WOULD buy the dam thing. . . .

I wouldn't.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Thats ok . . . .

Quote:
I wouldn't.
But I've got a REALLY warped sense of humor, and sometimes i laugh at things that are only marginally funny, or gross. . . . . Comes from having been in the Navy for 10.5 years and working at a hospital.

Ed
Old 07-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

OK, just for grins, another bump of this baby to see if we can get some more guesses in before Her Grace finally gets that new single out. The rules are mostly in the first post.