Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-21-2007, 01:37 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
i was wondering...the album art for Psychédélices, has it been confirmed? i know it was initially revealed by amina here, but there were no confirmations as far as i know. i'm just wondering if it belongs on alizee's wiki page as well as the Psychédélices wiki page so prominently. perhaps we should put "unconfirmed album art" instead of declaring it "the album cover." i'm just not a fan of putting unconfirmed things on the wiki page as if it were factual.
To tell the truth, it shouldn't be there at all. Wikipedia is not an encyclopedia of speculation, it's an encyclopedia of facts.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:47 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

yea i made a new note on the talk page regarding this, hopefully it will be addressed. if not, i might have to do it myself.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:53 PM

hehe i see you are doing it yourself, espire. good job.

Last edited by heyamigo; 10-21-2007 at 01:56 PM..
Old 10-21-2007, 01:57 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
hehe i see you are doing it yourself, espire.
If there's anything I've learned with my limited time editing on Wikipedia, it's that you have to be bold. A person is much more likely to accept your change than decide that your prospective change is important enough that they should bother.

Remember, what's done can always be undone, but if you don't do it in the first place, who will know what could have been done? It's almost the opposite of any other situation
Old 10-21-2007, 01:58 PM

well Soumyasch responded to my post in the talk page and agrees with the removal.

damn i also noticed 50-60 listed as another single on the Psychédélices page (citing speculation article) and again making it seem like it's a confirmed thing.

Last edited by heyamigo; 10-21-2007 at 02:01 PM..
Old 10-21-2007, 02:14 PM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Maybe just mention 50-60 as speculation until something is confirmed. Good job otherwise guys.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like you covered this already

Alizee: Wowww!

Last edited by rcs; 10-21-2007 at 02:18 PM..
Old 10-21-2007, 02:21 PM
485 Internet points!

Solaris is on a distinguished road

That wiki is how I was able to find this site! Cause I usually wiki something or google it before I delve into it. So its a good thing you all stuck that link back up there. Kepp up the good work guys!

[9:59] [Solaris] here comes marik!
[Alizée Bar and Grill]: marik has entered at 9:59
[9:59] [Bill Seals] OH shite
[9:59] [Solaris] I TOLD YOU
[9:59] [Chommpers] mind powers
Old 10-21-2007, 02:50 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Yes, Wikipedia is an encyclopedia of facts, not speculations. It is clever to list references/external sites though where speculations are made.
As for album art, it looks like we can't use any photos of Alizée or album art. I don't see anything there. Isn't there a fan taken photo or something that we can use for the picture of Alizée? You know, one where she's posing for a photo that's already all over the fan sites.
This just seems lame that we can't have any pictures of anything about Alizée.
As for lists of Alizée web sites, check it out. This one is getting pretty long: http://forums.alizeealliance.net/ali...dpost&p=129917

Merci Fanny
Old 10-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

The art is definitely speculation at this point. I think it could be used with a caption specifically stating that it is what is being anticipated by some parts of the fan community at this time, and it's unknown if it will be the actual art. Alternatively, one could use the entirely genuine Mademoiselle Juliette "cover art" and comment that it's from the first single extracted from the new album, the art for which is not yet known.

Seriously though, people think Fifty/Sixty is speculation? If it's not on Psychédélices, where exactly do people think it is going? It is her singing, it's a new song, and if you believe the scare-mongers cries of her removing it because of some invented public reaction, I've got some swampland in Florida to sell you.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Seriously though, people think Fifty/Sixty is speculation? If it's not on Psychédélices, where exactly do people think it is going? It is her singing, it's a new song, and if you believe the scare-mongers cries of her removing it because of some invented public reaction, I've got some swampland in Florida to sell you.
that's not the point cooney. it has nothing to do with whether we "think" it is her song and it's on the album.

the point is, wikipedia is not the place for unconfirmed speculations, especially when it is not noted as so. sure i know 50-60 likely has a place on the new album, but writing on wikipedia as if it has already been confirmed/anounced is misleading and irresponsible. its simply not a "fact" (yet).