Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-09-2007, 09:09 AM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
Actually, Oakland University is in Rochester, Michigan. According to Wikipedia, it's named for Oakland County, "the wealthiest county in Michigan and one of the most affluent counties in the United States."

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. Hopefully the review will rope in some new fans (if it hasn't already), or at the very least plant Alizée's name in their memories, so that at some point they'll think to look her up on Google or YouTube (essentially what happened to me).

EDIT: Roman, which parts were a little inaccurate?

- N
hi
most complicated thing in the states is that many cities or counties got the same name
one of my ex g/f's parents were from rochester too, but rochester NY
nice job, it would be interesting to talk about the elf dance in WOW, I bet most of those pimple faced students know the game
cheers
Old 12-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
Check it out:

I wanted to give Alizée more exposure in America, so I wrote a review of Psychédélices for the student newspaper at Oakland University, a college attended by over 18,000 students. Our paper is widely distributed around campus and has a solid readership. In fact, I saw several dozen people reading it before I even got a chance to see the paper myself, and the stacks of papers located all around campus have been dwindling fast. That’s a lot of exposure for Alizée.

This article appeared in the last issue of the semester, published Wednesday, along with several other music reviews (it’s the second one listed, after a review of The Hives’ new album). All reviews were limited to around 350 words.

Now remember, my audience knows nothing about Alizée. The challenge was to give a compact history of Alizée without alienating my audience with names and numbers, and to describe the album’s quality, all in under 350 words. At the end, I linked to the official website with the hopes of getting people to sample the music.

The story is virtually unchanged from how I submitted it, save for a couple details: the editors added “(male)” before “American college student” (to clarify the way my attention was “arrested,” I suppose), and a semicolon after “seductive young girl.” The editors also cropped the image of the album cover, but they do that with ALL cover albums, so fret not.

I hope you can all see the scan well. I’m not very good at scanning images; it's too light, and you can see the print on the back showing through. It looks a lot better in person, as you can imagine.

I’d like to thank everyone at these forums for answering my questions, but especially Brad, Espire, Snatcher42 and FSquared for fact-checking the story. As you can see, I changed the story a bit since you guys last saw it. Also, I added a footnote explaining how the spelling of song titles vary online, and what the deal is with Alizée’s age. All in all, I think it worked out well.

Now let’s hope this helps spread the word in the United States! For my next move, I’ll try to get the student-run campus radio station to play the album…

- N
Neiteio!!!!! That article is crazy. A perfect way of showing Alizée here in America, the article features history aswell present which I like hear. 18,000 people? That is crazy. When I read the article you definitely caught my attention. Good work and keep it up. Radio station next? Go for it!

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:24 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
Neiteio!!!!! That article is crazy. A perfect way of showing Alizée here in America, the article features history aswell present which I like hear. 18,000 people? That is crazy. When I read the article you definitely caught my attention. Good work and keep it up. Radio station next? Go for it!
I was just listening again to the MJ Deefine One remix. That would kick some ass! That's one cool thing about all of these remixes. You should be able to find a version that you like for most occasions. Though, it is still not one of my favorites on this album, those remixes do play better in certain venues.

Merci Fanny
Old 12-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Alizée est le meilleur.

AlizeeFan941 is on a distinguished road

Awesome article, hopefully she will gain some more fans from that.