Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:27 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
Remember that marriage wasn't legal [or at least not in France].
Oh man, that again?? Haven't we been through that already?

Perhaps you're one of the adherents to HelixSix's point of view, that's my only explanation....
Old 12-11-2007, 09:38 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
France isn't NATO anymore, hasn't been since 1966 if I recall.
France hasn't been part of the NATO integrated military command since 1966, but they have remained members of the alliance with respect to most other NATO aspects.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
France hasn't been part of the NATO integrated military command since 1966, but they have remained members of the alliance with respect to most other NATO aspects.
There shouldn't be tension with the both of us, we go back all the way to late 1700's with the revolutionary war and them helping us, we are allies then and still are now(I think). Hey we bought half of our country from them.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurvonic View Post
Taco Liberty Bell
I must say Taco Bell sucks.. maybe you ought to try with beans? or tortillas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Oh man, that again?? Haven't we been through that already?

Perhaps you're one of the adherents to HelixSix's point of view, that's my only explanation....
Perhaps i stick with RMJ's posts to much.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindReaver View Post
Grr.. I actually thought this today at work. It is VERY annoying when instructions or labels are written in Spanish in an English speaking country. And this was on an official company paper. Thankfully I do not normally work at that location, I'm just filling in there for someone.

This *IS* a big pet peeve for most Americans for one simple reason: When we travel to their country we are expected to use their language, but they get pissed off when we want them to speak English while they are here.

I don't know why this seems to only be a problem for Spanish speakers. Stereotyping be damned, but it is true from what I have seen. I work with one guy that moved here from Puerto Rico over 20 years ago and still can barely speak English. Another guy learned English when he moved here from France and can speak it better than me.

Ok, done ranting. That one just hit be at a bad time.
Do you wonder if the rest of the world feels that way about all their forms that have English on them (which is how it is in many places I've been, though not all)?

Sadly, American tourists abroad have the (hopefully exaggerated) stereotype of being the people who think that everyone understands English as long as it is spoken loudly enough.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There shouldn't be tension with the both of us, we go back all the way to late 1700's with the revolutionary war and them helping us, we are allies then and still are now(I think). Hey we bought half of our country from them.

Friends and even brothers and sisters have arguments. I personally tend to not think of it as anything more than that. We have a long history. I know some people made a big deal about France not agreeing with us in the recent past, but I'd rather have the kind of friend who will point it out to me when I'm about to do something stupid.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
I must say Taco Bell sucks.. maybe you ought to try with beans? or tortillas

Perhaps i stick with RMJ's posts to much.
I haven't seen RMJ's posts on the matter. But in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that responsible people like them, who presumably have access to sound legal advice, would have filled out the requisite paperwork in France to register their marriage.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Old Geezer & Music Critic

AmericanFan is on a distinguished road

I thought Taco Bell was the Mexican phone company.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Friends and even brothers and sisters have arguments. I personally tend to not think of it as anything more than that. We have a long history. I know some people made a big deal about France not agreeing with us in the recent past, but I'd rather have the kind of friend who will point it out to me when I'm about to do something stupid.
I disagree, I think the war in Iraq was necessary because there was a dictator that killed his own people, we went in and captured him. Put a bad man to death for the good of that country. But France having a liberal president in 2003 changed the view of the war. Just if I remember correctly.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I disagree, I think the war in Iraq was necessary because there was a dictator that killed his own people, we went in and captured him. Put a bad man to death for the good of that country. But France having a liberal president in 2003 changed the view of the war. Just if I remember correctly.

I could write pages and pages as to why I disagree with you, but I'm going to bite my tongue and just walk away...here is not the place.
Closed Thread