Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 05-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
No. Tell us all about it.
^It turned out to be a huge failure and a waste of time bro, it frustrated me a bit. Hopefully someone else can get it done this time

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 05-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Oldest Fan

johnnywash is on a distinguished road
Default The Iraq War

Remember what was going on in our country when Alizee was appearing on French TV programs just about every week? We were invading Iraq with the strong disapproval of the French government. The right wing media with the likes of Bill O'Reily and Rush Limbaugh were trashing everything French. Remember "Freedom Fries" ? We missed our chance to get lily's music played on a large scale back then.
Most of us found Alizee on the Web while searching for "cute French Girl". God bless You Tube!
Lily's record company should get her to guest on one of the Network late night shows, we might then have a chance at a small U.S. Tour.
I still think a deal of some kind with Disney and something at Disney World is a good place to start.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It still puzzles me why she never came to this country to perform. She's been to Russia, Japan, Korea, England, several European countries and now going to Mexico. I've heard several forum members argue that the potential market here isn't that big for her here which may be quite true but then on the other hand it could be huge. I think if her music had been played here years ago, she would have been a huge success. She didn't have to do a concert here, all she had to do was make one appearance on a show similar to the Top 40 that they have in Europe. That would have told her how well her music would go over here.
She's said she's a big fan of Madonna and Julia Roberts, so you would think she'd love to come over here, but I think someone must have poisoned her as to her feelings about the U.S. Maybe her parents, maybe Laurent or Mylene, maybe one of her friends on Corsica. Who knows!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-12-2008 at 05:58 PM..
Old 05-12-2008, 03:50 PM

alizee lover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
If Alizée sets foot on U.S. soil to do a concert, best bet is that she'll be in Puerto Rico, Hawaii or maybe Guam. These are the only places in "the U.S." that she has any substantial fanbase - everywhere else, all she could get to go to her shows would be US, which wouldn't even close to fill up a mid-size hall.

And don't hold your breath waiting for "regular" U.S. radio to play any Alizée songs - broadcasters of the size that could make the difference wouldn't play ANYTHING whose lyrics aren't in English.

I think that new york has a big chance of seeing alizee she has some amount of fans you would be impress
Old 05-12-2008, 03:56 PM

alizee lover is on a distinguished road

It would be awesome to have the radio play alizee but i doubt they will
Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It still puzzles me why she never came to this country to perform. She's been to Russia, Japan, Korea, England, several European countries and now going to Mexico. I've heard several forum members argue that the potential market here isn't that big for her here which may be quite true but then on the other hand it could be huge. I think if her music had been played here years ago, she would have been a huge success. She didn't have to do a concert here, all she had to do was make one appearance on a show similar to the Top 40 that they have in Europe. That would have told her how well her music would go over here.
She's said she's a big fan of Madonna and Julia Roberts, so you would think she'd love to come over here, but I think someone must have poisoned her as to her feelings about the U.S. Maybe her parents, maybe Laurent or Mylene, maybe one of her friends on Corsica. Who knows!
A few things she’s mentioned are; she prefers to sing in French and she doesn't think that would go over well in the US, she is afraid of the “sharks” in the US music business, she’s afraid her career would become too demanding and time consuming if she got involved in the US market, and she said that the US music industry is on a whole different level. She seems to like a lot of things concerning the US and I don't think she is avoiding it for reasons other than the ones I mentioned.

My take on it is that she is not out to maximize her fame and fortune. She would prefer a career mainly in France that would keep her in the game, pay the bills and still allow her time for her family life. The fact that the reception to her new album has been lukewarm in France, suggests that she and her record company are now looking at international markets, so she may be reconsidering it. It’s hard to ignore what happened with Mexico. Without the international sales, her numbers wouldn't be looking too good right now.

I also think the “sharks” idea is somewhat out of date since the music business is run by multinational corporations nowadays, anyways. She may also be afraid of failing in the US market and she doesn’t want to be embarrassed by it. Between Alizée’s charm, stubbornness and overall sense of balance, I don’t think she has to worry about the US music industry getting the best of her. I think some appearances on TV in the US could at least boost her CD sales a bit, and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

I find it interesting that Mylene Farmer has all of the MCE songs listed with ASCAP, which is The American Society for Composers, Authors and Publishers. It makes me wonder if she did this just in case Alizée took off in the USA, or did Mylene consider a possible run at the US market with Alizée? I wonder if Alizée has made similar preparations for her Psychédélices songs. These organizations are the tool used to collect performance royalties from radio play. Unfortunately, it takes a long time for these songs to show up in the publicly searchable internet databases, so there’s no way of knowing at this point. So far, I’ve only found “Mon Taxi Driver” in the SACEM database, and that’s the French performing rights society!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I dont want to get into politics, but France kindve did turn their back on us. We already paid them back by bailing them out in WWII Normandy Beach D-day. They would be speaking German right now if it wasn't for us.

I do agree that we have to get Alizee here though
BTW i was trying to get you guys to do requests a month ago and you all know how that turned out!

Oh jesus ace, don't go there. In 1940 the majority of US Army training was being done with wooden weapons for rifles and machine guns, cars for tanks, and our TOP of the line fighter was the Brewster (FREAKIN) Buffalo!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brewster_Buffalo

We would have gone down JUST as fast, our troops weren't trained or equiped well enough to do more than trench warfare... Which the Germans in 1940 weren't fighting...

I would also remind you that France did a HELL of a lot for us to ensure OUR freedom:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Yorktown

If the French Fleet hadn't prevented Cornwallis' retreat - who KNOWS how the war would have turned out? We might be speaking Kings English right now....

So lets not "France" bash... These guys "Légion étrangère" have been kickin' ass for about 50 yrs. less than we've been in existence....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Foreign_Legion

AND we got a certain "landmark":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_liberty , that you may have heard of!

Other countries don't have to follow our foreign policy....

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 05-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I couldn't agree with you more, Ed. Thanks for saying it.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:55 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post
Oh jesus ace, don't go there. In 1940 the majority of US Army training was being done with wooden weapons for rifles and machine guns, cars for tanks, and our TOP of the line fighter was the Brewster (FREAKIN) Buffalo!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brewster_Buffalo

We would have gone down JUST as fast, our troops weren't trained or equiped well enough to do more than trench warfare... Which the Germans in 1940 weren't fighting...

I would also remind you that France did a HELL of a lot for us to ensure OUR freedom:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Yorktown

If the French Fleet hadn't prevented Cornwallis' retreat - who KNOWS how the war would have turned out? We might be speaking Kings English right now....

So lets not "France" bash... These guys "Légion étrangère" have been kickin' ass for about 50 yrs. less than we've been in existence....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Foreign_Legion

AND we got a certain "landmark":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_liberty , that you may have heard of!

Other countries don't have to follow our foreign policy....

Ed
actually your wrong, the best fighter we had in the beginning of the war was the P-40 Warhawk which is known as one of the best fighters of all time The P-40s were the first thing put into the sky to chase after the Japanese Zeros at Pearl Harbor. Many great airmen lost their lives trying to be heroes and get their planes into the air, most where shot down during take off, before they even got off the ground; but the few that did make it into the sky where able to get a few Mitsubishi Zero kills. By the late years of WWII America came out with he P-51 Mustang which is considered the best aircraft that ever flew in our sky's. The Mustang was so good, it even flew in the Korean war, even though the propeller age was gone and the jet age was in. The Mustang would still find itself doing missions with one of Americas first operational Jet Fighters, the F-86 Saber.
2nd the troops we deployed in WWII are the finest troops America has ever deployed, America totally dominated both the war in the Pacific and the war in Europe. How can u say America wasn't well trained? Also I believe the US Navy, and Marines were in the war too, not just the Army! Wooden weapons huh? What do you think a Thompson or a B.A.R. (Browning Automatic Rifle) is made out of. Also just because the M1 Garand was made from wood doesnt mean it didn't kick a punch. Other countries, like Germany and France were still using bolt action rifles as their standard weapons. Sure Germany invented the MP-44 the worlds first assault rifle but it was way to expensive to produce, and give to all their soldiers. It was only given to officers.
3rd I was in no way bashing France. Im just saying we dont owe them anything, we paid them back by bailing them out in WWII. Just like France helped us get our freedom, we helped them get theirs back. May I remind you of Nazi controlled Paris and how gruesome it was! The American military I think was at its all time best, in WWII. That's why the US and Russia became Superpowers right after, not France, Germany, Japan, Canada, Italy, or Britain.
4th. The United States took the title of best Navy away from Britain in this dreadful war. Which is why we still have the worlds best Navy today!
5th. Look up the Manhattan Project, If America was so technology unadvanced like you imply, why and how where we the first to develop and use such a sophisticated weapon?
6th. The Americans hardly used trench warfare in WWII. We used flanking tactics, and pins by invading someone from all sides. Trench warfare is WWI buddy, it wasn't used that much by the Americans in WWII.
So I have no clue how you can in anyway slight the best Military unit ever demised, fighting the best and worst war mankind has ever fought in!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 05-14-2008 at 01:00 AM..
Old 05-14-2008, 01:04 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Things started off quite poorly in North Africa. The reason why the war continued with us in a way it didn't with, say, France, is that our nation hadn't been overrun before our military could adapt to the enemy. What Ed said is we'd be in just as bad of shape as the continental European countries were we invaded in 39 and 40. It seems to me your problem with the French is that they didn't help us, and that we don't owe them anything; they don't owe us anything either. But we best keep it to history before things go where we shouldn't take them.

Besides, everyone knows the unending tide of Russians won the war anyways.