Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
the extra day in leap year accounts for the 6 hours extra from every year that isn't in the 365 days

there are 8766 hours in a year but 365 days only alots for 8760 hours therefor there is an extra 6 unaccounted for hours which every four years is made up in an extra day

if you didn't do that winter would eventually end up in June
Yeah but it is still adding a year to the calendar just like the Romans added a year when starting the calendar at 1. The Romans had no knowledge of zero so they started at 1, but if you look at it just counting a 1000 yrs AD each time the correct mathematical way you end up with an even 1000 2000 or 3000 etc.
I assure you there was little to no millenium celebrations during 2001.
Besides this isn't about the millenium this about the new decade of the 10s and the end of the 00s!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 06-11-2009 at 10:03 PM..
Old 06-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Yeah but it is still adding a year to the calendar just like the Romans added a year when starting the calendar at 1. The Romans had no knowledge of zero so they started at 1, but if you look at it just counting a 1000 yrs AD each time the correct mathematical way you end up with and even 1000 2000 or 3000 etc.
I assure you there was little to no millenium celebrations during 2001.
It's totally just a compulsive and traditional thing.
I mean, it wouldn't be so impressive or fun to celebrate 2001, the new millenium!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
It's totally just a compulsive and traditional thing.
I mean, it wouldn't be so impressive or fun to celebrate 2001, the new millenium!
Exactly, which is why majority of people except 2000 as the new millenium, it is just easier and better on the eye. There are technical ways to back both sides, but the excepted version is still the one im backing!

I always like to think are future decades going to laugh at the way we dressed and our type of music from this decade like we sometimes do with previous decades! I find that funny

Old 06-11-2009, 10:15 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

just saying you don't get extra days from leap year

Old 06-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

As Ben said, a decade can really be any span of 10 years, but typically in popular use, decades run for example from 2000 to 2009.

I think this issue has gotten confused because years, decades and centuries can be both incremental as well as absolute measurements. The calendar year is an absolute measurement because it is counted from an absolute starting point, the year 1.

For example, the true millennium was 2001, not 2000, because there is no year 0 in the calendar. It goes from 1 B.C. right to 1 A.D. Apparently, this is due to the fact that roman numerals were used for counting years, back when the first calendars were made. Roman numerals don’t have a zero. (I can't imagine a life without zero...

Of course leap years are just a correcting mechanism that was added to make the calendar more accurate. This was a feature incorporated in the Gregorian calendar, which led to it replacing the Julian calendar.

So anyway, wow, another decade is almost over...
Old 06-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

Are you guys still talking about this? Give up and move on already. Its not worth your time.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:30 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah but it is still adding a year to the calendar just like the Romans added a year when starting the calendar at 1. The Romans had no knowledge of zero so they started at 1, but if you look at it just counting a 1000 yrs AD each time the correct mathematical way you end up with an even 1000 2000 or 3000 etc.
Wow, you still don't get it! The romans didn't add a year, they would have added one if there was a year zero. Maybe I should draw a picture since there seems to be great confusion concerning this issue. It's really simple to understand though...
Old 06-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Wow, you still don't get it! The romans didn't add a year, they would have added one if there was a year zero. Maybe I should draw a picture since there seems to be great confusion concerning this issue. It's really simple to understand though...
Yea i'm not intelligent enough to understand you! HaHaha do you see yourself, your showing off on a website!!! Please waste your time in drawing a picture I will pay no attention too.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:38 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yea i'm not intelligent enough to understand you!
Seems like it. But it's really not that complicated. It's telling though that you attack people for stating the facts. Are you that insecure?

Or maybe you're still in that phase where you think saving face is more important than being correct. You have a lot of growing up to do.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Seems like it. But it's really not that complicated. It's telling though that you attack people for stating the facts. Are you that insecure?

Or maybe you're still in that phase where you think saving face is more important than being correct. You have a lot of growing up to do.
Nahh its u doing the attacking buddy, saying things about me personally you haven't a clue about. You should look in the mirror more often

Closed Thread