Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 02-17-2010, 11:44 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

You all can try this - http://fox.com/blogs/foxallaccess/on-the-radio/ . The more people that call in or e-mail may catch their attention.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 02-21-2010, 03:40 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
You all can try this - http://fox.com/blogs/foxallaccess/on-the-radio/ . The more people that call in or e-mail may catch their attention.

I just called and left a message requesting Les Collines. If anyone else calls, I think you should mention the fact that the song does have English, as well as French lyrics and the fact that it's about New York city. The telephone # is 1-877-COUNT-15 and the e-mail address is allaccess@fox.com

Edit: I just sent in an e-mail request too.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-21-2010 at 03:55 PM..
Old 04-10-2010, 03:52 PM

Vista is on a distinguished road
Default Promote Alizée in the USA and other countries on Craigslist...for free.

Promote Alizée in the USA and other countries on Craigslist...for free.

Musique - Alizée - Écoutez gratuitement.
http://paris.fr.craigslist.org/muc/1685874006.html

www.craigslist.org/
Old 05-18-2010, 12:23 PM

Cool

As a part of my continuing efforts to promote Alizée. I wrote a letter to a local radio station called MIX who supposedly plays a variety of music. I gave them a list of five of her songs of which hopefully they would play one.

I've done this numerous times before, but in the past, I never mentioned that some of her re-writes didn't quite make sense. I did this time in the hope that they wouldn't be turned off when they found out that info for themselves. I pasted the letter below for anyone who's interested.

Dear Sir,
By your station's name it shows you play a mix, a variety of music. Well here's a good chance to prove it. I'd like to request a song that is in English, but sung by a French singer. Her name is Alizée (pronounced Al - e - zay). I'd like to request you to play 1 out of 4 songs that she has (all in English) with the one I'd prefer played listed first, but I'll leave it up to you as to which one you might play. I'll attach Youtube links to videos for these songs.

I found out about this beautiful young singer a little over 3 years ago. Since then I've pretty much stopped listening to music on the radio. I've made up numerous cd's over the years of music I love but they're gathering dust in a cabinet.

I was born and raised in Boston. I'm a huge sports fan. I've suffered through Bob Gibson, Bill Buckner,too many men on the ice (Montreal that time), Bleeping Bucky Dent, Pedro being left in too long, Pats Packers SB. Lenny Bias. Not any more. I haven't watched Red Sox game yet, not even against the Yankees. Didn't watch a Bruins game all season, not even the playoffs. Celtics, same story.

That's the type of affect this girl has on people. I don't understand how I can listen to this beutiful young woman's music as often as I do and not get tired of it.

The first song is Youpidoo. It's about her breaking up with her boyfreind.Has a very catchy beat to it.

Second song is I'm fed up. A song where she sings about laying around in her bubble bath, then singing about all the things she's fed up with.

Third song is Amelie. It's a song about a character in a French movie called Amelie. Beautiful song.

Fourth song is I'm not twenty, where she's celebrating the fact that she hasn't turned twenty yet.

I should also mention she does a beautiful rendition of Madonna's La Isla Bonita that you might consider playing.
9 million views

Except for Amelie and La Isla Bonita, these 3 songs were re-writes of her French songs. They were written by Mylene Farmer. The most successful female singer in French history. A very talented woman but unfortunately one thing she wasn't that good at was re-writing these songs into English. Some times the story doesn't make sense. It's unfortunate, but I don't think it matters. Your listeners will love this girls voice and they will love the music that was written by Laurent Boutanant, another great talented artist.

Most of these songs were written back in 2003. But I don't think that matters to your listeners. The only thing that will matter to them is that they haven't heard them before. I didn't hear them until 2007 and had no idea they were 4 years old and could not have cared less.

She was at the height of her popularity back in 2003. But unfortunately that was when the relations between our two countries were at their worst. That's the year the phrase freedom fries was coined. No U.S. station would have dared played her music. Which is really a shame. Do a search of Youtube under her name and you'll see how popular she is. All this music of hers getting downloaded into the States and she's not making a penny out of it.

The more you learn about her, the more you realize she is as beautiful on the inside as on the outside. She does a lot of shows for charity. There's no embarressing photos of her, no late night partying, no rehab, no train wrecks. Just a beautiful person who's music I think your listeners would love to hear.

Dare to Mix!
Thank You for your time.
Dave Hardy
Old 05-18-2010, 01:52 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

That's a very well written letter Scruffy. Hope it will have some effect. Thanks for your efforts in promoting her
Old 05-18-2010, 03:28 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

This is a good thread so I'll post here:

I am taking a long break from this website, as some may have noticed I have not been posting frequently. This will be an on/off thing for me now. I want to say that you all have been good friends in the past and I hope to come back soon.

Au Revoir.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Great letter I hope they play at least one of her songs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 05-18-2010, 06:45 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

scruffy: legend. hope they play some stuff of hers.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Scruffy.. you never fail to impress me with all the work you put in for Alizée.
There's no doubt in my mind that you are the most deserving fan here, at least, more than me, and from my perspective anyways.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:59 PM

Smile

We'll always save a place at the dinner table for you BlackAnthem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
This is a good thread so I'll post here:

I am taking a long break from this website, as some may have noticed I have not been posting frequently. This will be an on/off thing for me now. I want to say that you all have been good friends in the past and I hope to come back soon.

Au Revoir.

Tags
aam project, alizee, america, canada, promotion, tour