Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-08-2019, 04:36 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Good story baronstrucker. Do you remember if you were searching for something specific when her image popped up or did it just seem random? I discovered Alizee through that same song. I was looking for a Madonna song at the time.

EDIT: Another question; how did you find out about this forum?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-08-2019 at 05:41 PM..
Old 07-11-2019, 12:25 AM

baronstrucker is on a distinguished road

At the time I was looking up music from an artist named Dan Balan. (Moldovian singer. Nothing to do with Alizée) then Alizée's La Isla Bonita showed up on my feed shortly after.

I found out about the forum completely at random. Dont remember how or where
Old 08-26-2019, 12:00 AM

kayteecee is on a distinguished road

I discovered Alizée 10 years ago yesterday! I've mostly lurked on this forum, but I figured now would be the perfect time to share my story since it's such a big anniversary.

August 24, 2009. A day I will never forget. I was 17 years old, in the car with my parents, on the way home from our yearly family vacation. I was bored and suddenly remembered seeing the name "Alizée" somewhere on the Internet not too long ago. I knew she was a French singer, and since I'd always had a bit of an interest in France, that piqued my curiosity. I wanted to look her up, but I couldn't do it at that moment since my laptop was packed up in the trunk. Hours later, when we got home, I remembered Alizée again and Googled her. I was interested enough that I felt like checking out her music, so I did. The first song I heard of hers was "J'ai pas vingt ans" and I was instantly (and I mean instantly) hooked. I watched the music video over and over. I don't know what it was - her soothing voice, the beat, the cool dance, the fact that I'd never really listened to music in a language other than English. Probably all of the above. Anyway, I stayed up until one in the morning that night just searching YouTube for more music videos and live performances. I didn't notice any difference in my everyday life, but then I did the same thing the next night, and the night after. That's when I realized I was truly becoming a fan, and the next few months were just...magical. That's all I can say. Listening to all her songs for the first time, watching En Concert (which I still play on 8/24 every year to mark the anniversary!), it was all so wonderful. You know that feeling where you're almost rejuvenated by a brand-new interest? That was the end of 2009 and start of 2010 for me.

To this day, I still immediately think of Alizée when I think of my senior year of high school. She also made me realize that music can transcend language barriers, and I've expanded my collection to include singers not just from French-speaking areas, but a lot of other countries as well. I realized that there's much more out there besides American/English-language songs, and I feel like my experience with music has been so much more enriched. I will forever be grateful to Lili for helping me see that.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:12 AM

That was a great story and thank you for sharing with us and welcome to the forum!
Old 08-26-2019, 01:29 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayteecee View Post
I was interested enough that I felt like checking out her music, so I did. The first song I heard of hers was "J'ai pas vingt ans" and I was instantly (and I mean instantly) hooked. I watched the music video over and over. I don't know what it was - her soothing voice, the beat, the cool dance, the fact that I'd never really listened to music in a language other than English. Probably all of the above. Anyway, I stayed up until one in the morning that night just searching YouTube for more music videos and live performances. I didn't notice any difference in my everyday life, but then I did the same thing the next night, and the night after. That's when I realized I was truly becoming a fan, and the next few months were just...magical. That's all I can say.
Awesome story. No need to say more I could not describe it better.. It was just magical. I will never forget this time.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Spain :)

Dani is on a distinguished road

Hey all,

I am Daniel from Spain, I am located in Toro a popular wine region. I am 35 years old, in fact I was born the same day as Alizee, 21/8/1984 would love to let her know although I am aware that it's hard to contact her.

I discovered Alizee a long time ago, I was like 15 years old and used to watch a German TV channel called "VIVA TV" dedicated to music and running video clips all day long. So there was Alizee singing Moi Lolita and I fell in love with her
Old 12-02-2019, 11:39 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani View Post
I am Daniel from Spain, I am located in Toro a popular wine region. I am 35 years old, in fact I was born the same day as Alizee, 21/8/1984 would love to let her know although I am aware that it's hard to contact her.
Hi Daniel, welcome aboard.

That is pretty awesome having the same birthday as Alizee. I am close to her birthday month and day, but birth year... well it is way off by a couple of decades.

Thanks for sharing your story and see you on the forum!
Old 12-02-2019, 07:43 PM

Good story Dani. Thanks for sharing it with us and welcome to the forum.
That kind of brings up another subject. Alizée performed in Alcalá de los Gazules in May of 2003 I think it was. I believe that is over 500 kilometers away from you. It looked to me to be one of her most beautiful performances, except the only video of it that was available on the internet looked to have come from a vhs tape because there were those tell tale stripes at the bottom when a vhs tape isn't tracking right.

Years ago, there was another member in here from Spain named SpanishFan. We tried to search for a better video of this performance. I even tried contacting the tv station, but it seemed the tv station had changed hands and it became Mission Impossible. Do you remember seeing this video on tv back then?

I would love to see this video in a better resolution and somewhere in Spain, I'm sure some tv station has it.

In this video, you can see the lines at the bottom in the beginning which seems to indicate it came from a vhs tape.

Old 12-03-2019, 03:19 AM
Spain :)

Dani is on a distinguished road

"Canal 2 Andalucia" is nowadays "Canal Sur 2"

This is their request form:

http://www.canalsur.es/booking_particulares.html
Old 12-03-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani View Post
"Canal 2 Andalucia" is nowadays "Canal Sur 2"

This is their request form: