Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 02-21-2021, 12:46 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
This is a movie we've spoken about a few times before about this girl Mathilda, who bears a resemblance to Alizée and dresses as a Lolita (though she didn't fulfill the role of a Lolita). This the first time I can remember someone putting scenes from the movie to the song "Moi Lolita."

The movie is called "The Professional."

Mathilda, a 12-year-old girl, is reluctantly taken in by Léon, a professional assassin, after her family is murdered. An unusual relationship forms as she becomes his protégée and learns the assassin's trade.

Mathilda is Natalie Portman.

Natalie Portman is the first person born in the 1980s to have won the Academy Award for Best Actress (for Black Swan (2010)).

Natalie was born Natalie Hershlag on June 9, 1981, in Jerusalem, Israel. ....... her family finally settled in New York, where she still lives to this day. She graduated with honors, and her academic achievements allowed her to attend Harvard University........... She was featured in many live performances, but she made her powerful film debut in the movie Léon: The Professional .

It was not until 1999 that Natalie received worldwide fame as Queen Amidala in the highly anticipated US$431 million-grossing prequel Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace .......She reprised her role as Padme Amidala in the last two episodes of the Star Wars prequel trilogy: Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) and Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005). She received an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in Black Swan (2010).

She received a second nomination for Best Actress, for playing Jacqueline Kennedy in Jackie (2016).

The Professional who in the movie is known as Leon, is Jean Reno who was born in Casablanca, (French) Morocco. Reno settled in France at 17.. He keeps homes in Paris and Los Angeles.

A more recent photo of Natalie:
Attachment 3284

Jean Reno turned down the role of Agent Smith to appear in the movie Godzilla.
Attachment 3285

Natalie did so well in her role as Mathilda that I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that she later attended Harvard. I never realized it was her who played Jacqueline Kennedy in Jackie.

I wonder if Jean Reno ever regretted turning down the role of Agent Smith in the Matrix so he could be in Godzilla?

Wikipedia;

"Despite turning a profit, it was considered a box office disappointment........ Planned sequels were cancelled"

Old 02-22-2021, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

This picture is from a few years ago when Greg, Alizée and Annily visited NY during the winter. A woman, apparently not knowing who she was, asked Alizée to take her picture in front of the "LOVE" statue.

"Few sculptures have captured hearts quite like Robert Indiana's iconic LOVE series. Characterized by large-scale letters stacked to spell out the word “LOVE,” these sculptures add a Pop Art touch to their surroundings, from bustling city corners to busy college campuses. Though aesthetically simple and seemingly straightforward, the LOVE series actually boasts unexpected undertones—and a surprisingly heart-wrenching history."

bdefa440a26d11e39aef1254a5633066_8 2.jpg
Old 02-23-2021, 06:15 PM

Quote:
This picture is from a few years ago when Greg, Alizée and Annily visited NY during the winter. A woman, apparently not knowing who she was, asked Alizée to take her picture in front of the "LOVE" statue.

"Few sculptures have captured hearts quite like Robert Indiana's iconic LOVE series. Characterized by large-scale letters stacked to spell out the word “LOVE,” these sculptures add a Pop Art touch to their surroundings, from bustling city corners to busy college campuses. Though aesthetically simple and seemingly straightforward, the LOVE series actually boasts unexpected undertones—and a surprisingly heart-wrenching history."

Attachment 3298
I remember wondering at the time why would they go to NY when they were having a very cold winter? I suspected at the time and I still think this was probably more a business trip than a vacation.

New York.jpg
Old 02-23-2021, 07:30 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Now that I think about it, where did she go for her honeymoon? I don't remember if they organize something.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Now that I think about it, where did she go for her honeymoon? I don't remember if they organize something.
Well they got married in Las Vegas. I don't remember hearing if they honeymooned there, somewhere else or had a honeymoon at all.

EDIT: At first I thought you were talking about Alizee and Jeremy but now I believe you were referring to Alizee and Gregoire. I don't remember there being a honeymoon. I do remember her being in Montenegro one time and I think there was a another time they were in Morocco but I don't think either one was a honeymoon. If one was, I would think it was the Montenegro trip.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-23-2021 at 08:39 PM..
Old 02-23-2021, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

This picture is from their Montenegro trip in July, 2016. Alizée and Greg were married in June, 2016, so I think this must have been a honeymoon trip.

al2016.JPG
Old 02-24-2021, 04:44 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well they got married in Las Vegas. I don't remember hearing if they honeymooned there, somewhere else or had a honeymoon at all.

EDIT: At first I thought you were talking about Alizee and Jeremy but now I believe you were referring to Alizee and Gregoire. I don't remember there being a honeymoon. I do remember her being in Montenegro one time and I think there was a another time they were in Morocco but I don't think either one was a honeymoon. If one was, I would think it was the Montenegro trip.
Quote:
This picture is from their Montenegro trip in July, 2016. Alizée and Greg were married in June, 2016, so I think this must have been a honeymoon trip.

Attachment 3305
Montenegro seems interesting. Perhaps they didn't want to go to the US because she had already been there a couple of times and I guess Paris sounded like a week-end trip.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Old 02-27-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Montenegro seems interesting. Perhaps they didn't want to go to the US because she had already been there a couple of times and I guess Paris sounded like a week-end trip.
I was lucky enough to visit Montenegro. It's a beautiful country.

Quote:
Another interview where she has some great facial expressions.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Versu té