Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-17-2009, 01:16 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Has anyone seen the 2008 French horror flick "MARTYRS"? Twisted, grisly and sadistic horror for only the most hardcore fright film fan. Not a great film, but a pretty powerful and thought provoking one with religious undertones and gore galore.

does it come with subtitle? cuz i just saw hostel.. very disappointing. did not live up to what i was told it would be. hell, there haven't been any good horror films for years now!

Old 07-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
does it come with subtitle? cuz i just saw hostel.. very disappointing. did not live up to what i was told it would be. hell, there haven't been any good horror films for years now!
Yes the DVD is subtitled, a mediocre english dub is included as well.
Hostel is a decent movie, but usually teenagers who haven't seen any extreme horror hype it up as being the sickest movie ever. Obviously, they haven't seen many, if any, foreign or underground horror movies which are usually much more shocking than anything mainstream.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Yes the DVD is subtitled, a mediocre english dub is included as well.
Hostel is a decent movie, but usually teenagers who haven't seen any extreme horror hype it up as being the sickest movie ever. Obviously, they haven't seen many, if any, foreign or underground horror movies which are usually much more shocking than anything mainstream.
excellent! the subtitles are preferred.. i find dubbed films hard to take seriously(espeically the old jackie chan films.. and he's dubbed over by some other person )

one of the best horror films ive seen is "The Audition". it's a japanese horror film. and it's good. i liked it. creeped me out for sure!

anyone seens ichi the killer? apparently its better than the audition.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

"Kiddie, kiddie, kiddie, kiddie..."

WARNING: Strong scene!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wEH9B8lvjlw&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wEH9B8lvjlw&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thing is with horror movies; You can watch the lousiest one and still be afraid if, and only if, you are alone.

I watched The Signs on a 15 inch laptop with poor quality in a little cottage all alone and got the chills. Then watched it with friends on in my home theatre on a 80+ inch screen with surround sound etc... Didn't even twitch.

So if you wanna get REALLY scared, leave the homies behind and watch it alone in the dark

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 07-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Man Among Men

Quote:
excellent! the subtitles are preferred.. i find dubbed films hard to take seriously(espeically the old jackie chan films.. and he's dubbed over by some other person )

one of the best horror films ive seen is "The Audition". it's a japanese horror film. and it's good. i liked it. creeped me out for sure!

anyone seens ichi the killer? apparently its better than the audition.
"Audition" is from director Takashi Miike, and is seen by most as his best film. It's certainly my favorite Miike film. He directed "Ichi The Killer" as well, which is akin to Kill Bill on sterioids. It's a fun, gory movie but "Audition" is more thought-provoking and disturbing.

Miike also directed the original Japanese version of "One Missed Call", which was remade here in America and completely ruined. The original is very good, and his most accessible film.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
"Kiddie, kiddie, kiddie, kiddie..."

WARNING: Strong scene!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wEH9B8lvjlw&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wEH9B8lvjlw&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thing is with horror movies; You can watch the lousiest one and still be afraid if, and only if, you are alone.

I watched The Signs on a 15 inch laptop with poor quality in a little cottage all alone and got the chills. Then watched it with friends on in my home theatre on a 80+ inch screen with surround sound etc... Didn't even twitch.

So if you wanna get REALLY scared, leave the homies behind and watch it alone in the dark

eeeee!!!

that entire last minutes made me clench everything.. jaws, hands, legs, butt hole.. everything.

god. awesomely disturbing.

and im not gonna lie.. when she reached towards his belt(to untuck his shirt) i thought she was gonna.. you know, *snip snip*

Old 07-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Man Among Men

Audition's torture sequence was selected as number 11 in Bravo's Scariest Movie Moments a few years back. Here is that segment:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7CQvmNF8l0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l7CQvmNF8l0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 07-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hahahaaa! yes, but it'll suck to try to lug that thing around.

i know its a movie and not an exact science.. but a person can take multiple M4 rounds and keep moving. it's kinda pushing it to make us think that it can damage huge friggen robots.

i haven't seen the first movie in a while, and don't remember much of it.. what special bullets are you talking about srbski?
Saber rounds I believe it was.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:34 PM

ok, so i just finished watching ichi the killer on youtube... what the heck?? (spoiler alert!) did the yakuza with the blonde hair die or not? i thought he did, but then theres the footage of him opening and closing his mouth near the end..

Old 07-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Man Among Men

Quote:
ok, so i just finished watching ichi the killer on youtube... what the heck?? (spoiler alert!) did the yakuza with the blonde hair die or not? i thought he did, but then theres the footage of him opening and closing his mouth near the end..

Kakihara is found on the compound floor by Jijii, dead but apparently unwounded by Ichi's final attack, revealing that Kakihara was hallucinating the attack (most likely due to sticking the pins into his ears too far and poking his brain), and thus committed suicide. Jijii begins to cry, most likely because he realizes that Kakihara killed himself instead of being killed by Ichi. In essence, Kakihara died under his own terms, whereas Jijii wanted it to be as a result of his doing (in the form of Ichi).