Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

I watched this movie about 8 years ago and recently watched it again... It can get very disturbing at times. But if you've watched as many japanese movies as I have, you come to expect it

Quote:
junior high school (14-15 years old) classes are isolated, and each class is required to fight to the death until one student remains. Their movements are restricted by metal collars, later identified as Model Guadalcanal No. 22, around their necks which contain tracking and listening devices; if any student should attempt to escape The Program, or enter declared "danger zones", a bomb will be detonated in the collar, killing the wearer. If no student dies in any 24 hour period, all collars will be detonated simultaneously.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale

Here's a sample scene... Enjoy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fQvFFsAr3Dc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fQvFFsAr3Dc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by Amigo!; 07-17-2009 at 10:03 PM..
Old 07-18-2009, 01:09 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Ah yes, the almighty Battle Royale. Can a movie be any cooler than this? No, it cannot. Kids brutally murdering each other in a game of survival where people aren't what they seem. I love this flick.

Now.....Battle Royale II?
Old 07-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Ah yes, the almighty Battle Royale. Can a movie be any cooler than this? No, it cannot. Kids brutally murdering each other in a game of survival where people aren't what they seem. I love this flick.

Now.....Battle Royale II?

You know when a movie is really bad, but it's not that bad that it actually turns comic and enjoyable, it's just simply bad.

That's Battle Royale II.
Disappointment in a nutshell

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 07-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyrock2 View Post
Kakihara is found on the compound floor by Jijii, dead but apparently unwounded by Ichi's final attack, revealing that Kakihara was hallucinating the attack (most likely due to sticking the pins into his ears too far and poking his brain), and thus committed suicide. Jijii begins to cry, most likely because he realizes that Kakihara killed himself instead of being killed by Ichi. In essence, Kakihara died under his own terms, whereas Jijii wanted it to be as a result of his doing (in the form of Ichi).
hahahaa, wikipedia ftw!

yea, i went and read that too to try and figure out what happened.

interesting movie, though Audition definitely gave me a more unclean and uncomfortable feeling.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:25 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj View Post
I watched Harry Potter The half blood prince i tought the movie was preaty good, at the end it left alot of unanswered questions. i thought if this was the last Harry Potter movie it should have ended a bit better i gues Idk just my opinion on that.
Watched it today... why Yates cutted the part about the Horcruxes so much?! Harry didn't even know how they look.. so how he should find them in the "HP and the Deathly Hallows"?

But the rest of the movie was pretty well and I really "liked" the scene when Snape killed Dumbledore... it was different from the book but matchs perfectly with Snapes "development" (or what you find out) in Part 7...

btw there was something "funny" at the cinema... at the cave-scene where Harry tries to get some water for Dumbledore my friend and I get frightened and yelled the same time when the inferi grabbed at Harry's hand! Gosh!
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 07-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
Watched it today... why Yates cutted the part about the Horcruxes so much?! Harry didn't even know how they look.. so how he should find them in the "HP and the Deathly Hallows"?

But the rest of the movie was pretty well and I really "liked" the scene when Snape killed Dumbledore... it was different from the book but matchs perfectly with Snapes "development" (or what you find out) in Part 7...

btw there was something "funny" at the cinema... at the cave-scene where Harry tries to get some water for Dumbledore my friend and I get frightened and yelled the same time when the inferi grabbed at Harry's hand! Gosh!
yeah the ending of the book dont match the movie eather, but its still preaty awesome movie. Yeah that part i jumped to, when that thing grabed his hand out of the water lol that was epic.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:37 AM

harry potter.

just gonna say 2 words: Emma Watson

Old 07-19-2009, 01:42 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
harry potter.

just gonna say 2 words: Emma Watson
yup she is hooooooooooooot! She is only a few months older than me tooo
I have always had a thing for hott british women!
edit: I think i read somewhere that Emma Watson is also part French; hmmmm are we seeing any pattern here about a typical stereotype that is proving itself to be more and more wrong? *wink*

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 07-19-2009 at 01:46 AM..
Old 07-19-2009, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
yup she is hooooooooooooot! She is only a few months older than me tooo
I have always had a thing for hott british women!
edit: I think i read somewhere that Emma Watson is also part French; hmmmm are we seeing any pattern here about a typical stereotype that is proving itself to be more and more wrong? *wink*
dude, i have a thing for any gorgeous woman with any European accent...
well.. just French or English actually.. Austrian would remind me too much of Arnold.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:25 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Emma Watson is pretty cute....remember the pic when she revealed her 'Hairy Potter' as they say.