Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post

I'd also like to add, this is just an amazing site going on here. Very glad I found it. Just so much genuine kindness you rarely see on any forums...it's really a great community
We are one big happy family who loves Lili. At least I view this community as a family. We offer each other advice, assistance, and good communication. I think we fit the description of a family quite well. I know we all don't always agree, but that is no different than any other family.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:45 AM

lohssanami is on a distinguished road

Whoa...lot's of stuff since I last had a chance to check out the thread.

I know we see celebrities and have aspirations, dreams or hopes of meeting them, but I'll just say how I look at Alizee and what she has done for me.

Initially I saw her as this "hot babe" I saw in a video clip (J'en ai marre...short shorts...etc). I checked online to see if there were more clips, and I watched a few and thought, "...yeah...she is one hot French chick!" After watching enough of the clips, I thought that the music sounded pretty good so I wanted to know what she was saying.

I started looking for English lyrics to the songs, and I found some online that, of course, didn't do justice after the translation. This made me think more of wanting to learn French and revisit, not only the few classes I took in high school, but also the persistent desire I have had throughout my life to travel to France and experience a different culture then the one I have had for 37 years. I decided I needed to start studying French.

I thought getting some movies, music, books and study materials would help. After getting Rosetta Stone, I bought a few Monica Bellucci (the other most beautiful woman in the world) films and the Mes Courants Electriques CD and started listening to Alizee. Her music just seemed to keep me listening, and when I wasn't listening to one of my new 6 favorite songs, she made me want to read French online or browse through some literature. Watching her interviews on moi-alizee.us, and seeing her true zest for life just motivates me. Each day that I listen, I think that it is just a matter of time before I will be able speak French so well that it will be second nature. This has led me to start planning for a trip to France.

I have already made tentative plans to go to France in the summer of 2009, and three of my friends have already comfirmed that they are willing to make the commitment. All of us are excited at going overseas for the first time, and I am trying to figure out how many weeks I can plan on staying, in addition to realizing that I better get a strong grasp of the language so I can translate for them. I am on a mission to bring on more friends for some or all of my trip, and I am more determined to make this happen then I have been for anything else I have done up to now. The funny thing is none of my friends had ever heard of Alizee, and none of them has much interest in listening to her music, but they are truly excited about this trip.

My life, and the lives of my friends, has been affected by this young woman from Corsica, merely by the passion she has for her music and the emotions she conveys to her fans.

Do I think I will ever meet her? No!

Do I want to go to France to find her? No!

Would I like to thank her for getting me out of my doldrums, funk, depression or whatever it is that kept me stagnant? Sure. It's like the movie "Pay It Forward". She has done something for me just by singing her music, and now I want to positively effect someone else's life the same way she has effected mine.

We shouldn't put these celebrities (even lili) on a pedestal and hope that someday our lives will intertwine, but use the emotions they evoke from us to make a positive change in ourselves and others.

For RMJ, I don't know what is going on in your life, and I am not qualified to tell you how to fix your problems. I just think you should take all of the positive feelings you get from Alizee, and apply them to whatever is getting you down. Maybe it would help.

Just my 75 cents...
Old 08-23-2007, 03:56 AM

Moe is on a distinguished road

i love ACC too...

Old 08-23-2007, 03:58 AM

lohssanami is on a distinguished road

Thanks Moe...
Old 08-23-2007, 04:02 AM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

*insert sad stuff here*

sorry RMJ, just come back when you feel better

-brad

Last edited by brad; 08-23-2007 at 09:26 AM..
Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohssanami View Post
Whoa...lot's of stuff since I last had a chance to check out the thread.

I know we see celebrities and have aspirations, dreams or hopes of meeting them, but I'll just say how I look at Alizee and what she has done for me.

Initially I saw her as this "hot babe" I saw in a video clip (J'en ai marre...short shorts...etc). I checked online to see if there were more clips, and I watched a few and thought, "...yeah...she is one hot French chick!" After watching enough of the clips, I thought that the music sounded pretty good so I wanted to know what she was saying.

I started looking for English lyrics to the songs, and I found some online that, of course, didn't do justice after the translation. This made me think more of wanting to learn French and revisit, not only the few classes I took in high school, but also the persistent desire I have had throughout my life to travel to France and experience a different culture then the one I have had for 37 years. I decided I needed to start studying French.

I thought getting some movies, music, books and study materials would help. After getting Rosetta Stone, I bought a few Monica Bellucci (the other most beautiful woman in the world) films and the Mes Courants Electriques CD and started listening to Alizee. Her music just seemed to keep me listening, and when I wasn't listening to one of my new 6 favorite songs, she made me want to read French online or browse through some literature. Watching her interviews on moi-alizee.us, and seeing her true zest for life just motivates me. Each day that I listen, I think that it is just a matter of time before I will be able speak French so well that it will be second nature. This has led me to start planning for a trip to France.

I have already made tentative plans to go to France in the summer of 2009, and three of my friends have already comfirmed that they are willing to make the commitment. All of us are excited at going overseas for the first time, and I am trying to figure out how many weeks I can plan on staying, in addition to realizing that I better get a strong grasp of the language so I can translate for them. I am on a mission to bring on more friends for some or all of my trip, and I am more determined to make this happen then I have been for anything else I have done up to now. The funny thing is none of my friends had ever heard of Alizee, and none of them has much interest in listening to her music, but they are truly excited about this trip.

My life, and the lives of my friends, has been affected by this young woman from Corsica, merely by the passion she has for her music and the emotions she conveys to her fans.

Do I think I will ever meet her? No!

Do I want to go to France to find her? No!

Would I like to thank her for getting me out of my doldrums, funk, depression or whatever it is that kept me stagnant? Sure. It's like the movie "Pay It Forward". She has done something for me just by singing her music, and now I want to positively effect someone else's life the same way she has effected mine.

We shouldn't put these celebrities (even lili) on a pedestal and hope that someday our lives will intertwine, but use the emotions they evoke from us to make a positive change in ourselves and others.

For RMJ, I don't know what is going on in your life, and I am not qualified to tell you how to fix your problems. I just think you should take all of the positive feelings you get from Alizee, and apply them to whatever is getting you down. Maybe it would help.

Just my 75 cents...
That was good story and advice.

I had never thought of her in the sense of a "pay it forward" idea. I know what you mean by it. Since I found Lili I have the desire to show people that the world isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be. That just because a culture is different does not make it bad. We have to view and judge cultures from the point of view of the people who live in that culture.

I was talking to a friend today about France, and this other kid walks up says "The french are gay". I stayed calm and asked him why he thought they are gay? He said because they act funny. That kind of thinking makes me so angry. I know he gets his oppinion of France from his dad (who thinks America is a perfect nation and that no other nation is as good as America), but that doesn't make it right for him to criticize a country's culture because it is different. I really want to show people how great other culture's are. This is my goal. I am moving to France so that I can experience another culture, and give my family a first hand account of what life outside of America is really like and not what the media portrays it as. I love the uniqueness of the different cultures of the world. It is something so speacial that people can get together and form something unique to call their own, and I don't like the mentality that everybody should be like America. That is taking the uniqueness out of the world.

I am glad that people like Lili are out there because even though she has done it unintentionaly she has changed people's lives and introduced them to a different culture. She has helped people when they are emotionally hurting and when they just need to smile. And because of that positive effect she has had on people she has given people the desire to experience more new things and help other people. Thank you Lili.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:39 PM

Boccob is on a distinguished road

L'Alize is my favorite tune, and has been since the first time I heard it. I listen to her music when I'm in the car or at home. Helps me chill out when I'm frustrated about something or other. I also find I can get to sleep faster and easier by listening to some of her stuff.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Senior Alizée Fan

SwedishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boccob View Post
L'Alize is my favorite tune, and has been since the first time I heard it. I listen to her music when I'm in the car or at home. Helps me chill out when I'm frustrated about something or other. I also find I can get to sleep faster and easier by listening to some of her stuff.
Yeah,,i know what you are talking about,,my favourites are Amélie,Toc de mac,,,well i love all of her songs.I listen to Alizée almost daily on my Mp3 player when i´m working,or in my car.She has a calming effect on me,so when i get really stressed out(witch happens constantly at work ) i always play some Alizée,take a deep breath,then i´m a happy camper again.

Always a fan,,no matter what...BTW thanks Marik...
Old 08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Un-rêve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
sorry RMJ, just come back when you feel better
Go for a run/jog and clear your head, it used to work for me.