Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News > UEdS Media

Old 03-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
I don't think it indicates anything other than the theme of her new album is focused on a dead model and her pictures are in that category. I will admit that they are more provocative than any time in the past, but a model that hung out with a weirdo like Andy Warhol was very provocative to say the least. I wouldn't read too much into the photoshoots as Lefty said they take on a life of their own.
You misunderstand what I'm saying. I realize what the theme of the album is, that she's playing a role, yada yada.

Nevertheless, a couple of years ago she would never have posed for a picture like that -- not to play a role, not for any other reason either. She's removed a restraint that was self-imposed in the recent past. That's significant.

Other than that, I don't know what you're suggesting that we shouldn't read into it.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-07-2010, 06:44 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
You misunderstand what I'm saying. I realize what the theme of the album is, that she's playing a role, yada yada.

Nevertheless, a couple of years ago she would never have posed for a picture like that -- not to play a role, not for any other reason either. She's removed a restraint that was self-imposed in the recent past. That's significant.

Other than that, I don't know what you're suggesting that we shouldn't read into it.
It is an assumption that Alizee wouldn't have posed for more racy poses in the past. It may have not been part of the theme of Psych and wouldn't have been appropriate in her early lolly pop music. In actuality these newest poses aren't really risque at all. She showed more breast on the cover of a magazine promoting Psych with a very seductive look on her face and out of her eyes. I don't remember the magazine @ this time. I just think it is being overanalyzed, that's all. Not that there is anything really wrong with that. I have done it myself and is probably inherent in being an Alizee fan or fan of anyone for that matter.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
It is an assumption that Alizee wouldn't have posed for more racy poses in the past.
No, it's an observation that she DID not. In fact, she avoided being overly sexy throughout the whole Psych period. She's even said that was what she was doing.

Quote:
In actuality these newest poses aren't really risque at all. She showed more breast on the cover of a magazine promoting Psych with a very seductive look on her face and out of her eyes.
It's not how much skin is showing, it's what the picture is suggesting. A picture of a woman in a bikini shows more skin than that photo, but isn't nearly as sexy, because the bikini doesn't look like she's undressed, or like one could undress her. That jacket gives the sense that one could reach out and open it.

I really don't see how you can deny that she's going in a totally new direction here, in every way, not just visually but musically as well. Something happened during or shortly after the Psych period that sent her in a different trajectory, and we're seeing and hearing some details now.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-07-2010, 07:33 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No, it's an observation that she DID not. In fact, she avoided being overly sexy throughout the whole Psych period. She's even said that was what she was doing.

I'm agree with you... But, i'm not sure what we have here now... a more "adult" way of being sexy? Or another way to not showing anything, and give to the press what we all know they need to promote the album...

Last edited by Bigdan; 03-07-2010 at 07:50 PM..
Old 03-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Oh come on, some people flipping out about her "exposed" picture with the jean jacket??

There ain't nothing wrong with that. If no nips, ass, or vag, I consider it clean.

Seriously though, I'm liking this new direction she's headed. Sort of a mix between an older Lolita and.. whatever the new thing is.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:52 PM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It's not how much skin is showing, it's what the picture is suggesting. A picture of a woman in a bikini shows more skin than that photo, but isn't nearly as sexy, because the bikini doesn't look like she's undressed, or like one could undress her. That jacket gives the sense that one could reach out and open it.

I really don't see how you can deny that she's going in a totally new direction here, in every way, not just visually but musically as well. Something happened during or shortly after the Psych period that sent her in a different trajectory, and we're seeing and hearing some details now.
Yea it is the more serious nature of the lyrics. I am simply saying it is what the role calls for and is not whether she is overtly going in a new direction, going back to or avoiding being any way. In other words all of Alizee's albums created different personna's with corresponding wardrobe and role playing effects. Psych didn't call for more sexy visuals and she simply wasn't going to dress or behave that way for the attention. You may have a point that she purposely chose this subject matter and sound that calls for more sexy or seductive visuals as part of her commercial strategy. We simply don't have enough factual information to make that observation. It is an assumption at this point. I really don't care one way or the other. I like what I hear and see so far. I agree that it is not about what is showing especially with Alizee that determines sexy or seductive. She is a natural beauty and a little goes a long way with much left to the imagination that adds to her mystique. My last attempt at splaining myself on this subject.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink Got MILF?

Quote:
Her appearance was less sexy, but I think <i>Mon Taxi Driver</i> was a very sexy number. Heck, by the last track of the album, she had not only gotten pregnant - but delivered! (<i>L’effet</i>) What a "naughty" girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
I'm agree with you... But, i'm not sure what we have here now... a more "adult" way of being sexy? Or another way to not showing anything, and give to the press what we all know they need to promote the album...
Alizée is wise to "dump Sue Lyon for Marlene Dietrich". Lyon evaporated. Marlene went on forever. Her image lives still.

<small>
Bigdan, mon ami: Let me be less thoughtless this time! The title of my posting is a pun on a famous, high-power US advertising campaign, <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Got_Milk%3F"><i>Got milk?</i></a> and an acronym, <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MILF"><i>MILF</i></a>, popularized in US culture by a 1999 film.</small>
Old 03-08-2010, 01:49 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default She's still passing the "squeaky" test

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Oh come on, some people flipping out about her "exposed" picture with the jean jacket??
There ain't nothing wrong with that. If no nips, ass, or vag, I consider it clean.
I would like to mention at this time that Britney and Lady Gaga both released totally topless pix to the French public in recent months.* Compared to that, yeah, Alizée's practically a prude. A very, very beautiful prude, but for someone appearing in a mag called "Libération", showing her belly button is still pretty gosh-darned straight-laced. Different countries, different norms.

* (Yeah, I saw 'em, and ho hum. I'd have posted a link if there'd been anything to see.)
Old 03-08-2010, 02:50 AM

Topaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
anyone male & straight who looks at the photo can't help imagining opening her up like a present.
Eloquently stated. For you Deep.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/JoyeuxNol.flv">

Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink I hate it when women keep looking down while talking to me -sniffle-

Quote:
That picture is really, really sexy. It definitely stops short of vulgar, but it's an image I don't believe she would have allowed two years ago. For some reason, she downplayed her sex appeal in the recent past, and now, without overdoing it, she's not. It's a big change. She's naked under the jacket (from the waist up anyway), and anyone male & straight who looks at the photo can't help imagining opening her up like a present.
Um... except her Dad, brother, and other close blood relatives. Right? RIGHT??? Sheesh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I would like to mention at this time that Britney and Lady Gaga both released totally topless pix to the French public in recent months.
Like Alizée, my friend Miss Harper (whom you perhaps recently met in another post, teaching class) would <i>never</i> submit to such extreme ends <i>merely</i> to be popular, no matter what clever ruse might be used to catch her off guard...

<center><object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7u5QNrn2u_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&showinfo= 0&start=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7u5QNrn2u_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&showinfo= 0&start=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object></center>

<i>Sex is the most fun you can have without laughing.</i> - Woody Allen