Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-13-2020, 02:22 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
.......................Anyway, I do hope that one day you get the chance to travel to see Alizeé in person! I like that you are optimistic about that--if you really want to make it happen, I am betting you will!

There is a website I think would be wonderful if Alizeé would join. It is called cameo.com. Fans can request personal videos to be recorded by their favorite celebrity. They pay for these, of course, but it is a nice way for the celebrity to get some revenue (especially a celebrity who is not currently much in the public eye) and makes a great gift for a fan. Hearing a favorite celebrity say your name, and knowing they know that you exist, can make a fan very happy!

http://www.cameo.com/
I know a lot of guys who I've worked with who have great travel benefits who've never been to see many of the great places in Europe. The main problem seems to be they are afraid of the language differences, the signs when you are travelling and many other things that are different. I was worried about that myself in my first few trips there. You run into problems, but it all works out and it's all so worthwhile.

I imagine that is a big worry for people who have to pay a lot for a ticket. Maybe they never start the process of saving for a ticket because they are worried about all those other things and they needn't be.

That cameo thing sounds like a great thing for Alizee. Maybe she should start 2 things, a picture autograph site and joining the Cameo site?
Old 07-13-2020, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The main problem seems to be they are afraid of the language differences, the signs when you are travelling and many other things that are different.
That is one of the very unfortunate things about the US public educational system. Americans aren’t taught other languages in school, the way many kids are in most other countries. It’s virtually impossible to become fluent in a language other than English in the States, unless one is fortunate enough to be close to people (family or friends) who speak that language. Otherwise, there is the expensive route of private tutoring.
It’s such a shame. Americans miss out on so much learning about other cultures, and a deeper understanding of their music, art, literature, etc.

Quote:

That cameo thing sounds like a great thing for Alizee. Maybe she should start 2 things, a picture autograph site and joining the Cameo site?
You can request to ask an artist to join, through the cameo site, and I requested Alizée awhile back. I don’t know if they ever attempted to contact her or, if so, if she responded or was interested. Maybe if they get multiple requests they’d make a more concerted effort to get her on board!
Old 07-14-2020, 07:46 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

During my high school years a loooonnnnggg time ago, foreign language elective classes were widely available and encouraged. I took a semester of German and another semester of Latin. The French classes were very popular, and by no surprise, girls were the majority. Some I knew took French all four years. The teacher and some chaperones accompanied a small group of advanced students on a "field trip" to Paris one year during summer break. You just don't have these kind of opportunities anymore in high school.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:16 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Ben.Daly, I understand exactly your concern. I can see how it sometimes feels like it is not personal enough when autographs are signed remotely. But, as Scruffydog says, often fans have no opportunity of ever meeting the celebrity in person, and this is the next best thing to make them feel a bit closer.

Anyway, I do hope that one day you get the chance to travel to see Alizeé in person! I like that you are optimistic about that--if you really want to make it happen, I am betting you will!

There is a website I think would be wonderful if Alizeé would join. It is called cameo.com. Fans can request personal videos to be recorded by their favorite celebrity. They pay for these, of course, but it is a nice way for the celebrity to get some revenue (especially a celebrity who is not currently much in the public eye) and makes a great gift for a fan. Hearing a favorite celebrity say your name, and knowing they know that you exist, can make a fan very happy!

http://www.cameo.com/
Interesting, I wonder how Alizée would feel about doing that. I think if she were to take up something like this she'd stick to just one thing (either autographs, cameos, or something else), but maybe not. Maybe it's something she's thought about doing but has decided not to or doesn't know what to do, guess we'll never know until when/if it happens.

And as always, thanks for the encouraging words Bamagirl! Unlike a lot of my family I don't really have too many aspirations for travelling, Corsica has become only the second specific place I've added to the bucket list, after London of course to watch the Arsenal. Maybe if everything lined up right it could all be in the one European trip and I could stop by some other places while there, but that's all speculation so I can only hope for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
During my high school years a loooonnnnggg time ago, foreign language elective classes were widely available and encouraged. I took a semester of German and another semester of Latin. The French classes were very popular, and by no surprise, girls were the majority. Some I knew took French all four years. The teacher and some chaperones accompanied a small group of advanced students on a "field trip" to Paris one year during summer break. You just don't have these kind of opportunities anymore in high school.
That's fascinating the number of languages available for just high school, though I'm not massively familiar with the levels of school in America so that may not be as outlandish as I think. You lot have some weird terminology for grade levels!

Here in Australia (or at least in my school) our only option is Indonesian, and you can only do it in College if there's enough people who choose it which is often not the case.
When my sister was at the same school she chose the subject along with enough people and they had a trip to Bali. Of course not to do the infamous partying, drugs, sex and alcohol that us Australians have infamously infested that island with The school trip instead went to other areas of the island (ubud I think was one place) and climbed one of the volcanoes during sunrise.
Just a few weeks ago I asked the principal if our school used to teach French because I vaguely remember finding some Tintin books translated in French in the school library many years back. He seemed unsure but said I was probably onto something and mentioned a teacher that may have been the old French teacher who I think is no longer at the school, can't remember his/her name, there's something to look into it and find out about I guess.

Maybe if the school kept with French I would've found Alizée earlier, and others in my grade might've also come to know her I've heard of some schools that would put on her performances in class as a reward for when students (the boys mainly) would behave well. Our school being a Private Christian organisation would probably never want that J'en ai Marre performance shown in class, nor the lyrics to Moi Lolita being encouraged to learn, but maybe that says more about me than the school I'm just glad to have discovered Alizée at all, even if it is this late in her career.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:32 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Here in Australia (or at least in my school) our only option is Indonesian, and you can only do it in College if there's enough people who choose it which is often not the case.
Indonesian is an interesting choice, and you are in a part of the world where Indonesia might be a vacation destination.

Because of the demographic shift in the U.S. the last two or three decades, there is a lot of emphasis on Spanish as a second language. Being bilingual is often a requirement for certain jobs. Being that I lived in Texas for 30 years, I had a lot of exposure to Spanish and picked it up as I went along.

It's only because of Alizee that I wished I had taken those French classes in high school. The bonus would have been being one of the few guys in a classroom full of girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Our school being a Private Christian organisation would probably never want that J'en ai Marre performance shown in class, nor the lyrics to Moi Lolita being encouraged to learn, but maybe that says more about me than the school I'm just glad to have discovered Alizée at all, even if it is this late in her career.
My guess is that J'en ai Marre would not be shown on the first day of class. But if it was, and other performances shown throughout the semester, it would be the most popular class in school.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:07 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Coming Soon.

1593977092.jpg

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 08-08-2020 at 07:19 AM..
Old 08-08-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post
Coming Soon.

Attachment 3112
Really excited to see if there's going to be any newly released pictures included with the Vinyls

The post announcing the vinyls said there would be 'more information soon...', nothing has been said about it since. Hopefully there is some news in the next month or two revealing when/where they will be available
Old 08-08-2020, 09:03 AM

Vinyls usually have a variation of the CD's booklet with them. I'd love some new / unreleased Pictures too, though. Not that the old ones are any bad...

If they're going to be released throughout the November / December Holiday Season, i'd say September or October at the latest would be a good time. Maybe as early as Alizée's Birthday?

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 08-08-2020 at 09:10 AM..
Old 08-08-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I share your enthusiasm, although Vinyls usually have a variation of the CD's booklet with them, so I doubt it. But any previously unreleased pictures would be unquestionably appreciated.
I think there'a a good chance that the picture used on Instagram to announce the Vinyls is a hint that there will be some new photos. I mean, why not do so, if there's a gallery of unreleased pictures just sitting around they may as well be used to help promote the Vinyls and be included in the product, they know full well how much fans love seeing new photos, it's a no-brainer.
Maybe it will include a copy of the original booklet, plus some other new stuff, at least I hope!

Quote:
If they're going to be released throughout the November / December Holiday Season, i'd say September or October at the latest would be a good time. Maybe as early as Alizée's Birthday?
Agreed, September would be a good time. Just about everything is unknown as of now. Day of release, price, availability, all yet to be revealed.

Wait, I just had a thought, though it's a bit optimistic under the current circumstances. Is there any chance Alizee could do a sort of autograph session or fan meet up to help promote the Vinyls? If Covid restrictions ease up and there's an opportunity to do so, would it be possible?
I guess one problem is finding a time and place for enough fans to meet up to make it worthwhile, logistically it would be difficult. Perhaps if it's advertised enough and held somewhere like Paris there might be enough people show up, but the interest simply might not be there.

They should at least consider it if possible, could end up being a missed opportunity.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:49 AM

Who knows? An Autograph Session would be some major Fan Service on her part. I'm all in on this thought.

As for the price, I'd say 25€? That's the price for Julia's right now anyway and that one just came out so it's not too far fetched.

Edit:

Or maybe they'll even sell some signed copies.

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 08-08-2020 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts