Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Merci Alizée

Being a fan of Alizee is a gradual process and it passes through different stages over a period of time. During this time people realize different aspects of her personality and accordingly the mentality and image of the girl is shaped. Generally it starts with people seeing her video and finding her beautiful and her presentation quite attractive. This is first stage which is mainly physical along with artistic. In this context, by physical I mean quite a broad term. It means people finding her beautiful and cute at different levels, some even thinking she is most beautiful woman and maybe cutest also. For some it's level of sexiness perceived by them is very high. While this is her natural beauty and gift of almighty, then there another physical aspect which is the way related to her bodily expression. Beautiful moves, sexy dance, expression through eyes and hands, the way she carries herself in front of the people.

Along with that people get to hear her voice and beautiful songs. This is her musical part. This is what Alizee is for most of us during the first impression, first few videos, initial stages of Alizee touching your mind and soul. Now people absorb all these in different degrees. Those who get most of it in their mind and heart, they become a fan and those who don't they rate others according to what they have absorbed. That's why another fan understands your attraction better than people around you.

I always wondered how older people feel about her and what kind of response they get from others especially when it's a case of your wife and kids. But I have always been hesitant to ask this to other members. This forum has fans from all age groups and it's been easier to ask the younger members such questions.

For younger fans, people find it natural that they are attracted to a young beautiful girl though they are measuring them just on the impression of Alizee they have absorbed. I don't think it's bad that other measure it purely on physical level.

For older members, other people find it weird thinking how you can be physically attracted to someone who is half of your age. But this is only due to the fact that they haven't got most part of above mentioned aspects to a certain level. So, don't worry about it.

Next stage is when people start discovering her more and realize other aspects of her personality through reading interviews, videos and discussions with other fans. That's when the fandom is cemented and once you are through the life-cycle of her career (third stage where people have to face slowness and negativity all around), you become a long time fan and she becomes an integral part of your life. All this is independent of the age, but those who are not fans don't reach these stages and can't understand what you feel. This is where it hardly matters whether you are 18 or 58.

Like it was said earlier that being sexually attracted and disrespectful are two different things, it's not bad to be have physical attraction with the girl. It can be to anyone. It gets bad only when you are disrespectful. One can lead himself to being disrespectful by having only one desire and that is - getting her physically.

There can be zero attraction at sexual level and only attraction towards music and/or some of other physical aspects which I mentioned earlier. Degree of all this depends on your age, mentality, cultural background. When you are old, people generally don't expect you to have too much physical attraction and culturally, as in my case, people find it weird to have any type of obsession even if it's musically.

So, let others decide according to their mindset, it's never reflects what you think and probably others won't even realize it.

I have to leave it here only. I want to say more, but don't have time for it.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:46 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

MA you should move that and create "The stages of Lilly-fandom" thread It would be great! And then you could explain more to us when you have time. It's a good thread starter in my opinion Thanks for the insight to
Old 01-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
MA you should move that and create "The stages of Lilly-fandom" thread It would be great! And then you could explain more to us when you have time. It's a good thread starter in my opinion Thanks for the insight to
You wouldn't have said that if I had summarized my opinion just as other people fail to get what she means to us and that's why take our feeling as just mere physical or precisely sexual attraction, that's why there is no need to worry about what they say.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:22 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Being a fan of Alizee is a gradual process and it passes through different stages over a period of time. During this time people realize different aspects of her personality and accordingly the mentality and image of the girl is shaped. Generally it starts with people seeing her video and finding her beautiful and her presentation quite attractive. This is first stage which is mainly physical along with artistic. In this context, by physical I mean quite a broad term. It means people finding her beautiful and cute at different levels, some even thinking she is most beautiful woman and maybe cutest also. For some it's level of sexiness perceived by them is very high. While this is her natural beauty and gift of almighty, then there another physical aspect which is the way related to her bodily expression. Beautiful moves, sexy dance, expression through eyes and hands, the way she carries herself in front of the people.

Along with that people get to hear her voice and beautiful songs. This is her musical part. This is what Alizee is for most of us during the first impression, first few videos, initial stages of Alizee touching your mind and soul. Now people absorb all these in different degrees. Those who get most of it in their mind and heart, they become a fan and those who don't they rate others according to what they have absorbed. That's why another fan understands your attraction better than people around you.

I always wondered how older people feel about her and what kind of response they get from others especially when it's a case of your wife and kids. But I have always been hesitant to ask this to other members. This forum has fans from all age groups and it's been easier to ask the younger members such questions.

For younger fans, people find it natural that they are attracted to a young beautiful girl though they are measuring them just on the impression of Alizee they have absorbed. I don't think it's bad that other measure it purely on physical level.

For older members, other people find it weird thinking how you can be physically attracted to someone who is half of your age. But this is only due to the fact that they haven't got most part of above mentioned aspects to a certain level. So, don't worry about it.

Next stage is when people start discovering her more and realize other aspects of her personality through reading interviews, videos and discussions with other fans. That's when the fandom is cemented and once you are through the life-cycle of her career (third stage where people have to face slowness and negativity all around), you become a long time fan and she becomes an integral part of your life. All this is independent of the age, but those who are not fans don't reach these stages and can't understand what you feel. This is where it hardly matters whether you are 18 or 58.

Like it was said earlier that being sexually attracted and disrespectful are two different things, it's not bad to be have physical attraction with the girl. It can be to anyone. It gets bad only when you are disrespectful. One can lead himself to being disrespectful by having only one desire and that is - getting her physically.

There can be zero attraction at sexual level and only attraction towards music and/or some of other physical aspects which I mentioned earlier. Degree of all this depends on your age, mentality, cultural background. When you are old, people generally don't expect you to have too much physical attraction and culturally, as in my case, people find it weird to have any type of obsession even if it's musically.

So, let others decide according to their mindset, it's never reflects what you think and probably others won't even realize it.

I have to leave it here only. I want to say more, but don't have time for it.
excellent insight on so many levels. Very wise analysis. Alizee is cute, beautiful and sexy at the same time.The way she moves,speaks, facial expressions, smiles are very classy and congruent always. I never get any mixed messages in other words from facial expressions, voice tones, body language and in interviews, music video's, or random sightings. Alizee appears always present and engaged. If I had a daughter I would want her to be just like Alizee.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Ok, I really want to comment on this thread, started by one of the great scholars of the Wonder that is Alizée. However, it's late and I've got to go to bed... so I'll do it justice tomorrow. Merci..... uh, Merci.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-05-2011, 01:32 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Ok, I really want to comment on this thread, started by one of the great scholars of the Wonder that is Alizée. ...
Thought you were talking about me for a minute there...

BTW, impressive comments so far. We should have a faq about Alizée and a section called "Disease progression" where we could add MA's post.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-05-2011 at 01:35 AM..
Old 01-05-2011, 01:59 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Being almost fuggin' fifty, I gotts ta say: I have taken a lot of crap for being an Alizée fan. But you know what? I just shrug it off.

I don't know - even Wasabi's mentioned he's had to deal with a lot of friends ribbing him about liking her. Me, I get it from the wife, from the kids, from the wife's friends... And honestly, in my heart of hearts, I have to admit that if she looked like Susan Boyle, I might not be here.

But as it happens, she's one of the prettiest people on the planet. And that in itself means a lot. It makes it a lot more enjoyable to watch her videos. Being attractive isn't a crime. And as Bigdan put it, being sexy isn't such a bad thing either. I do now realize that America is a lot more puritanical than a lot of European countries in this respect. Here, we're very jaded, and quick to judge that "sexy = no talent". (Like, say, Shakira, for example.) But in the case of Alizée, she's the total package. She can sing like an angel, she can dance, and she's very easy to look at, too. It makes me feel like getting involved to try to get the rest of the country on board.

If anything, though, it's that precocious sexiness of "Lolita" or "J'ai pas vingt ans" that now seems to be one thing hindering our efforts. Ironically, what helped the 15-18-year-old Alizée sell records then, now seems to be holding her back, as far as the American market is concerned. Most Americans would watch her early vids and say "yeah, she's talented and everything, but showing off her butt like that, that's just wrong". And how can we, as her loyalest of acolytes, disagree? Laws can be changed, but the American populace's perception of morality is a lot harder to bend.

And, regrettably, that goes for my wife and kids, too. (They've been slowly coming around, though. In fact, my eldest (learning French in school) just got a short haircut with curls, that was almost identical to Alizée's when she was performing in Moscow.)

But, to get back on track here, do I feel like a "dirty old man" when I listen to Lili? Or watch her videos? No.

Above anything else, I admire Lili for her talent. For her perfect voice. And for the way her music has the power to make me feel happy and serene. To be frank, even Mrs. Chuck can't make me feel that way. (And you don't want to hear her trying to sing - I love my wife, but she can't carry a tune in a bucket or a wheelbarrow or anything. My skin crawls just thinking about it.)

Actually, I've recently decided that every song in the entire world would be a lot better if the "la-la-la-la-la" refrain from "Toc de mac" was a part of it.

I think that's why I'm passionate about Alizée. Because if all the world leaders were Alizée fans like us, who'd ever want to start a war?
Old 01-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I hate shoes!
Azhiri: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
For me, she is still very much a "girl" in the picture above (I think she looks a bit young for her age of 16 as well) and so this is verging on bad taste and a bit weird to see a girl dressed in such a revealing and explicitly sexual manner. See what I'm getting at? MCE era, Alizée is a young woman, so sexy dressing can be classy. Gourmandises era, Alizée is still very much a girl, so sexy dressing can be distasteful and weird.
I agree.

If they were really going to be true to the Lolita character, she wouldn't have worn anything like she did. Dolores never dressed sensually or anything of the sort, she dressed plainly (I think it even mentioned her unwashed clothes at one point) and unremarkably. The Lolita is the girl in the clothes, not the clothes on the girl (neither of which apply to Alizée, imho)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
What were you thinking, telling a guy his sister was pretty?

Man Law #16: Never say anything about a bro's sister. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
And yeah I guess sexy and sexual attraction are totally different
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
I don't know how to put it but... I 'm a little bit skeptical about what I read here. Maybe i'm a little too "french" but i'm not comfotable with the way you use the word " sexual", as if it is something bad . Sexual impulses are just natural.
This is how I personally define things.

Attraction: A pure love, undefined by sexual feelings, where all you can think about is being with that person because they are that person.

Sexual Attraction: Our natural human instincts to unconsciously/willingly select a mate of the opposite gender who our body and brain's chemicals decide to be a mate with desirable traits and features in effort to create the most successful offspring.

Sexy: Consciously made efforts to purport oneself as having the desirable traits and features as above. Unnatural, fake.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:49 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with the perceptions other older fans have had to endure.
I get crap from my bandmates, and although my wife used to tease me about listening to Alizée, she finally came around.

I have not let anyone's comments bother me about it. I try to introduce her songs to others and if they find that they don't care to listen, or find me slightly weird for liking Alizée, it is their loss.

I don't care for these american black soul or hip hop artists, as they portray themselves in a way that implies something vulgar and more appealing to a young guy with sex on his mind. This is just my personal observation, but that is what I get from the vids and commercials.

I don't see it as a class act, nor do I see them as being sexy. They look like rich trashy types trying to appeal to the ghetto crowd.

Alizée always shows herself to have true class and dignity when she performs.
She conducts her private life in a respectful way out of the news and low key.

I've learned that I must be true to myself, and secure in my personal beliefs first. Whatever others may think, if they do not know me or are just speculating, it doesn't bother me. In the end it is they who look foolish, not me.

There are so few artists today that exude Alizée's class, talent, and cross-cultural appeal that I don't really listen to anything else but French pop anymore. I have learned to enjoy other French artists because of Alizée, but no one will replace her as my favorite.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Bring me the Trade Wind! =D

Uroboros is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Any other members find that although the physical attraction is extremely strong, it has nothing to do with any sexual attraction?
Me. I never think about her like that. They once called me gay for that! Then I told them something that their mother wouldn't like to hear...

Anyway, All I feel for her is an incredibly strong admiration, the love from a fan to his idol