Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Good post, OGRE. My sentiments pretty much exactly. Except I CAN write poetry.

I have come to realize that I have no interest in meeting Alizée as a fan. None. I won't be going to any future autograph-signings she holds, I won't bother meeting her backstage at a concert, and if I should someday see her on the street in Ajaccio or in Paris, I will not approach but will leave her alone.

I would very much like to meet her as a potential friend -- but not as a fan. She keeps the two separate, and is wise to do so. I think we could be good friends, in fact. She's exactly the sort of quirky, smart person I like to hang with. If an opportunity comes some day to meet her in a non-fan context so that this is a possibility, I'd be delighted.

Short of that, though, I really have no interest in meeting her at all.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 04-15-2008, 12:46 PM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaltl View Post
Alizee manage her own myspace, at least, she post some comments in friends myspace...
How certain are you? Is it because she posts comments on other people's pages claiming to be her? I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just skeptical. Just because I'm on here claiming to be a military member stationed in the southern US, doesn't mean I am; there is no proof to back up what I type. But I dunno, I suppose a celebrity could find time at the very very end of a busy day to browse the internet. I hear she does use a computer. I would have just figured that when she's at home, she just wants a quiet life away from stardom. This is, of course, just an assumption.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

I don't believe I've seen genuine comments by her on other people's MySpace. However, she says she manages her own MySpace, and I have seen some evidence to back that up. (Specifically, errors in her English that an employed professional probably wouldn't have made.) So actually, Dark Engine, you're calling Alizée a liar rather than Spaltl. He could simply be mistaken; she would have to be lying.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Perfecting tmesis

Par mon paupieres is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I would very much like to meet her as a potential friend -- but not as a fan. She keeps the two separate, and is wise to do so.
Absolument.While I am eager to see Alizee perform live I have no intention of seeking her out in her personal time.Unless people are able to meet her in a suitable social setting (pretty unlikely for most of us) I really don't think she should be pestered in this manner.

Of course , if the opportunity arose in which I could have a conversation with her then great but some of this talk of tracking down her personal details is , frankly , borderline scary.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:15 PM

Spaltl is on a distinguished road

Old 04-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

Alizée doesn't even have a phone no. or email.
if you believe that you will start feeling better.

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 04-15-2008, 02:46 PM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to chime in on this thread like this, but some of the recent threads are getting kind of weird, with the questions I see coming up.
If I were Alizée, I would see these threads as starting to get just a bit too wacked out.

I love Alizée as much as anyone, but I would be thinking twice before deciding to meet some of the people that are asking some of the questions I have seen posted lately...and this one shows me that some are almost possessed and shouldn't be allowed near our angel.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I have come to realize that I have no interest in meeting Alizée as a fan. None. I won't be going to any future autograph-signings she holds, I won't bother meeting her backstage at a concert, and if I should someday see her on the street in Ajaccio or in Paris, I will not approach but will leave her alone.

I would very much like to meet her as a potential friend -- but not as a fan. She keeps the two separate, and is wise to do so. I think we could be good friends, in fact. She's exactly the sort of quirky, smart person I like to hang with. If an opportunity comes some day to meet her in a non-fan context so that this is a possibility, I'd be delighted.

Short of that, though, I really have no interest in meeting her at all.
This is close to how I feel. If I saw her on the street, though, and she looked approachable I would probably acknowledge her and let her know I really like her music, and then I would go on my merry way. I would not ask for nor accept an autograph or a photo with her. I like her music and her personality and I would only wish to connect with her on that level.

I said a long time ago that I really don’t feel like a fan in the traditional sense. I don’t know her personally, but I still have feelings more like friendship towards her, even though she doesn't know me and has obviously not befriended me.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

The way to meet and talk with the stars - get a job at a place they visit occasionally. From my time working at country clubs I've met quite a few celebrities and professional athletes.

Although I'm not sure where somebody could work that Alizée would visit every once in awhile.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
The way to meet and talk with the stars - get a job at a place they visit occasionally. From my time working at country clubs I've met quite a few celebrities and professional athletes.
Have you stayed in contact with any of them?

No. Not as fan to artist, nor as employee to customer. Only as acquaintance to acquaintance, or friend to friend, on an equal basis. Or nothing. That's how I feel about it. Any personal contact made because she's a celebrity would be hugely unsatisfactory to me. I won't do that to myself.

It's not that it would do anything to bother her, because I know it wouldn't. It's that it would bother me.