Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
anyone else disappointed the story isn't told by alizée but jean faque?
After waiting this long, anything from Alizée will be a real treasure and I'm sure we will have many wonderful images and information in this DVD aswell as magazine articles and interviews that will come with Alizée's return.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 11-08-2007, 11:57 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
JPVA, but for the love of God, without a short skirt!
no, with short skirt, as long as he's not going commando on us. he must pay for his insolence!

Quote:
She definitely was the one who removed the link to the picture of the dress. She said so, but someone else had already quoted it and it was out there; so, we got the .png file. I'm not going to accuse her of anything, but whoever leaked the songs, etc. probably did it that way. Go in as anonymous, put it out there, delete source links, then everyone is all happy and don't bother to track down the now sketchy source.
well although it's probably gone, i think she made a post here about how she just stumbled upon these things she leaked while she was on her brother's computer. i'm sure somebody here knows more about this matter and why all her posts are deleted but isn't telling us.

Quote:
Quote Cooney: Counting translations that are accurate, only one title she gave us doesn't show up on the Amazon list, namely, L'amour Insulaire (Island Love). The two titles that show up she didn't call are Décollage (Take-off) and Par les Paupières (By the Eyelids - I'll check my dictionary after work to be sure on this).

This makes me wonder. Is that another song she is working on, maybe for next album? Or maybe they just renamed a song.
i was actually looking forward to l'amour insulaire, it was likely a song about her home Corsica and possibly a mon maquis type song in that sense . if amina's list was totally wrong, i would just ignore this but you gotta believe that this was a song at least in concept. perhaps next album.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:36 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
no, with short skirt, as long as he's not going commando on us. he must pay for his insolence!
Ok, but maybe he can do like Alizée and wear boxers. Dude, just thinking about that... HA HA HA HA HA HA !

Merci Fanny
Old 11-10-2007, 09:54 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road

I wonder how close Amina was to Lili.

To Snatcher: No skirt, pants, and not tight.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 11-11-2007, 02:59 PM

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere:
http://unbrinalize.free.fr/site.php
descriptions of Alizée's new songs that someone heard. Now we need someone to post good translations.

Merci Fanny
Old 11-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Le fan irlandais

Killian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Haven't seen this posted elsewhere:
http://unbrinalize.free.fr/site.php
descriptions of Alizée's new songs that someone heard. Now we need someone to post good translations.

Thanks for the link, Roman. If that is to be believed everything is great. But why do a duet with a rapper, Lili, why???
But the song that is apparently "a little jazzy" should make up for it
Will L'Effet have a Knopfler type jazz feel to it? No, it won't but a man/boy can dream...

Is mo páis agus mo inspioráid í Alizée. Níl aon scamall sa spéir nuair a feicim nó cloisim í.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Now we need someone to post good translations.
I'll give it a shot.

A Net surfer had the chance to hear Alizée's album and posted his opinions to the site. Here are his general impressions along with some lyrics from each title.

"Taxi Driver": A song which you need to listen carefully to. "So sexy my taxi driver, it's accidental." (Pun with liaison.) Lasts 3'11".

"Never More": A more [pêchue] song [that word seems to come from pêchuer, to fish, or something related], 3'28". "Never more, [never more], lost a body, ... never more, [never more], my angel disappointed."

"Psychédélices": 4'37", sweet song, slow with a beautiful melody "of which star, which spark, you believe that your body has wings, that the angel Gabriel is there for the announcement."

"Décollage": 3'52", R&B song with the intervention of a rapper, it's a song more apart from the album "To fall down for a takeoff, without altitude, I escape in my shell of certainty."

"Par les paupières": 4'29", a song whose music makes one think of "All Good Things" by Nellie Furtado. Here are the lyrics that Alizée sings at the musical bridge: "Closed eyelids, you see nothing dark, I am your thing, at your side, I lose my dreams, closed eyelids, dust falls, I am your thing, at your side, I lose my dreams."

"Lilly Town": 3'59, here is the first couplet: "Welcome, welcome to Lilly Town Valley, the town in the form of a granite apple, London or Rome are obsolete, here is no Miss Hilton, Paris is astonished." Pop-rock song, style 50-60.

"LONELY LIST ": 3'56, the first couplet: "When I am sad, I do anything, I am an actress, some time, some healing, on my skin, the paths to the brain are scrambled," it's a beautiful song neither fast nor slow, with doubled voice at the end. A rather heady song.

"IDEALISER": 4'01, IT'S MY BLOW-TO-THE-HEART SONG! !!! It's magnificent, a powerful future hit!!!! It is absolutely necessary that it be released as a single. ... Piano, strings, base, it's all there ... Alizée will astonish you with this song, she interprets this song magnificently. It's the song of the album ... a heady song also with a captivating melody. "She is alone on the ground, running on alcohol, the veneer is cracked, she is under the idol, to powder her face, robed in silk, which wounds and which one leaves behind" refrain: "To idealize, an avoided broken past Alizée, who is no longer there, To idealize, that she dared all and gave him a last kiss, a kiss."

"L'EFFET" : 3'44 a little jazzy, piano voice ... about her daughter: the first verse: "I believed I made you, little fairy, but it's you who made me more than the effect, it's you who made me a little divine by giving you your life, I guess you will charm me all my life."

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

--EDIT--
Heh, looks like Deep beat me to the punch. Here are my versions anyway, with translation notes in italics under each title, if necessary.
--EDIT--

An internet user had the chance to hear Alizée's album, and posted his opinion on Mylene.net. Here are his general impressions, with some words from each song.

General Impression: Very good!

"Taxi Driver:" A song that lets you really listen. "So sexy, my taxi driver, it's accidental..." (play on words with liaison). Duration 3'11

"Never More:" A deeper* song, 3'28. "Never more, never more, a lost body... never more, never more, my disappointed angel"

*I believe pêchue means deeper in this sense. I couldn't locate the word as written, but that's what it's related to.

"Psychédélices:" 4'37, a soft song, slow, with a beautiful melody "from what star, what spark? You believe your body has wings, that the Angel Gabriel is there for the annunciation*"

*I use annunciation, as I believe that Gabriel was the angel associated with something called "The annunciation." I'm not Christian, so couldn't tell if this works here... could use "to announcement" if it works better.

"Decollage:" 3'52, R'n B with participation of a rapper, it's the song the most unlike the rest of the album. "Come in for landing in order to take off. Without altitude, I narrowly escape in to my shell with certainty*"

*Shell with certainty might be something more like protective shell, but I'm not familiar with the phrase.

"Par les paupières:" 4'29, A song whose music makes you think of "All good things" by Nelly Furtado. Here are the lyrics Alizée sings in the musical bridge "With closed eyelids, you see nothing gloomy. I am your thing*. At your sides, I lose my dreams. Closed eyelids, a fallen dust, I am your thing. At your sides, I lose my dreams"

*To be someone's "thing" in French is not a good thing. It suggests being viewed as a disposable object.

"Lilly Town:" 3'59 Here's the first couplet: "Welcome, welcome to Lilly Town Valley, the picturesque city, shaped like a granite apple. London or Rome by it's side become unfashionable. Here walks Miss Hilton, Paris is surprised." Pop-Rock song, like 50/60

"Lonely List:" 3'56 The first couple: "When I am sad, I do whatever. I am an actress*. Sometimes, some scar** on my skin scrambles the paths to my brain," It's a beautiful song neither fast nor slow, with an ending harmony. A heady song, more than anything.

*, ** Both of these are plays on words, where the ending "-trice" (feminine form of actress) and "-trices" (plural form of scars) have become "triste" (sad)

"Idealiser:" 4'01 This is my super favorite song! It's magnificent, a future powerful smash-hit chart-topper! It absolutely must be released as a single. Piano, strings, base, everything is there... Alizée, you'll suprise people with this song, this song is magnificently performed. It's the song of the album. A heady song with a bewitching melody. "She's alone in the sun, relaxed by alchohol. Her varnish is cracked, she's under the idol, powdering the failures*. Wrapped in tissue, what hurts her is what she leaves behind." Refrain: "To idealize, a broken past decorated in Alizée**, who is no longer there. To idealize, just suppose, that she dared everything and offers her one last kiss, one kiss"

*Couldn't locate this word, but it was closest to "fiascos" so I went with the idea of powdering over failures... covering them up

*This is an awesome play on words. With the accent marks, it's "A broken past decorated by Alizée." Without the accent marks, it's close to "A light passing breeze from Alizée" Frigging amazing.

"L'Effet:" 3'44. A bit of a jazzy song, piano and voice... about her daughter: The first lyrics "I would have thought to have reached the height of glory, little fairy, but it's you that really gives me that effect. It's you that made me become a little divine in giving you your life, I imagine only that I will always delight in you for all my life"

Last edited by Cooney; 11-11-2007 at 04:54 PM..
Old 11-11-2007, 04:27 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I'll give it a shot.

A Net surfer had the chance to hear Alizée's album and posted his opinions to the site. Here are his general impressions along with some lyrics from each title.

"Taxi Driver": A song which you need to listen carefully to. "So sexy my taxi driver, it's accidental." (Pun with liaison.) Lasts 3'11".

"Never More": A more [pêchue] song [that word seems to come from pêchuer, to fish, or something related], 3'28". "Never more, [never more], lost a body, ... never more, [never more], my angel disappointed."

"Psychédélices": 4'37", sweet song, slow with a beautiful melody "of which star, which spark, you believe that your body has wings, that the angel Gabriel is there for the announcement."

"Décollage": 3'52", R&B song with the intervention of a rapper, it's a song more apart from the album "To fall down for a takeoff, without altitude, I escape in my shell of certainty."

"Par les paupières": 4'29", a song whose music makes one think of "All Good Things" by Nellie Furtado. Here are the lyrics that Alizée sings at the musical bridge: "Closed eyelids, you see nothing dark, I am your thing, at your side, I lose my dreams, closed eyelids, dust falls, I am your thing, at your side, I lose my dreams."

"Lilly Town": 3'59, here is the first couplet: "Welcome, welcome to Lilly Town Valley, the town in the form of a granite apple, London or Rome are obsolete, here is no Miss Hilton, Paris is astonished." Pop-rock song, style 50-60.

"LONELY LIST ": 3'56, the first couplet: "When I am sad, I do anything, I am an actress, some time, some healing, on my skin, the paths to the brain are scrambled," it's a beautiful song neither fast nor slow, with doubled voice at the end. A rather heady song.

"IDEALISER": 4'01, IT'S MY BLOW-TO-THE-HEART SONG! !!! It's magnificent, a powerful future hit!!!! It is absolutely necessary that it be released as a single. ... Piano, strings, base, it's all there ... Alizée will astonish you with this song, she interprets this song magnificently. It's the song of the album ... a heady song also with a captivating melody. "She is alone on the ground, running on alcohol, the veneer is cracked, she is under the idol, to powder her face, robed in silk, which wounds and which one leaves behind" refrain: "To idealize, an avoided broken past Alizée, who is no longer there, To idealize, that she dared all and gave him a last kiss, a kiss."

"L'EFFET" : 3'44 a little jazzy, piano voice ... about her daughter: the first verse: "I believed I made you, little fairy, but it's you who made me more than the effect, it's you who made me a little divine by giving you your life, I guess you will charm me all my life."
Sweet fancy Moses! The album sounds amazing, especially those last two songs. Assuming it's true, of course, but a lot of these "rumors" seem to pan out.

Has the album's cover art been released yet?

- N
Old 11-11-2007, 05:09 PM

Thanks so much for those interpretations both of you.
Idéaliser sounds to me like she is sad about her past, maybe that she wasn't even more successful or just certain mistakes or failures in her career, but she's going to give it another try. I heard someone talk about on her last concert performance or one of her last they were going to meet with her, but then heard that she was crying so they couldn't. Who knows what to believe, but it makes me think maybe Mylène and Laurent told her that it was over. I have gotten the impression that she was really in love with her career and maybe was surprised that her initial awesome success did not continue at such a level or wished it had anyway. I certainly wish it had, though maybe some things are better for her the way it did happen. Anyway, maybe someday someone will ask her about that and any connection to the songs.

pêcher = peach tree or to fish
pêche = peach
pécher = to sin
pêchue = ? - seems to be a description of drum and bass
péchue = ? (think it's the same, one example from a web site: ""When love fails" est une chanson péchue avec un tempo plutôt calme quand-même." - "When love fails" is a péchue song with a tempo rather calm at the same time.)

Album cover art? See alizee-officiel.com.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 11-11-2007 at 05:14 PM..