Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 07-24-2008, 01:05 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Good insights. I have noticed this too, where she seems much happier and natural. If you look at the Fun TV interview where she laughs hysterically, she seems to be smiling all the time. Like you said she always had that innocent and vibrant look in the Gourmandises and MCE era.

But I think her having a kid especially at this early age put a damper on things. It takes a lot of energy, time and can be physically exhausting to raise a kid, on top of it she is doing tours and promoting her album. She might not have that much time to have fun and be relaxed like she did during the MCE and Gourmandises era.
When she was a child, she could be carefree like a child, and revel in the amazing newness of it all.

Now she is an adult, with a huge burden (albeit self imposed) to carry. She simply doesn't seem to be having as much "fun," and it shows.

She no longer seems to go up on stage and simply say (in essence) "WOW!, I'm actually here, now, in this moment," the way she did back then.

Last edited by Rev; 07-24-2008 at 01:13 AM..
Old 07-24-2008, 01:24 AM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
She no longer seems to go up on stage and simply say (in essence) "WOW!, I'm actually here, now, in this moment," the way she did back then.
whut?

Take it from someone who was at the México concerts. She was more "WOW!" on that stage than I have ever seen her. The singing, the dancing, All of it.

She gave unforgettable performances.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:57 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo! View Post
whut?

Take it from someone who was at the México concerts. She was more "WOW!" on that stage than I have ever seen her. The singing, the dancing, All of it.

She gave unforgettable performances.
I'm not saying that she is not amazing now. Just the oposite. I'm trying to look back (as that seems to be the theme of this thread) and ask myself what has changed.

As I have neither been to the new concerts or the old, I have to base my comments totally on the videos.

So, let me ask you: When she was on stage, did she ever just seem to be radiating "I can't belive I am actually lucky enough to be HERE!"
Old 07-24-2008, 02:01 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
So, let me ask you: When she was on stage, did she ever just seem to be radiating "I can't belive I am actually lucky enough to be HERE!"
Yes... She did, But I suppose you had to be there to see it.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:11 AM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes... She did, But I suppose you had to be there to see it.
Yes, I'm sure you would've had to been there...
Old 07-24-2008, 08:48 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

When you're a teenager, you do then think so by the time you think about not doing, you've already done it. When you're an adult, you think then do, so by the time you do it you're burdened with too much thought on what's to be done.

There are similar sports analogies as well. I always tended to play better after I got my bell rung. My reaction times increased. Awareness perceptions mount. Movement so much smoother. The body and mind regresses to a simpler time in our world where those genetics played to a different tune....of survival.

But I'm digressing here. Alizée shines so much when you can tell she is "in the moment" without any other cares or overhead. This is a much easier state to put yourself in when you are young than when you get older and have additional burdens of responsibility. [For example, when you are DIRECTING a video and participating at the same, you have to bounce in and out of the moment...VERY HARD to do].

Alizée can still put herself "in the moment". The irony is you can't just tell yourself to go there. You enter those doors without knowing...to be conscious of it will inevitably take you out of it. What's even more interesting, is some folks are not even aware that there is a "there" different than the "here". In fact, I dare say the teen Alizée had no clue she was there. As for the young woman Alizée, I'm not sure she knows the there she was is different than the here she is.

[And if she ever reads this forum and puts that last sentence through a translator, I can guarantee it won't transmit what I said properly]
Old 07-24-2008, 09:33 AM

ggin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I was there too and I must say that she was radiating exactly that and much more. She was very happy on stage and seemed to have a lot of fun with us. She also seemed very grateful to be there with so many of her fans.

And yes, it was different being there. When I watch the clips from those concerts, it's just not the same. But the memories that they bring back are why I watch them.

My signature and Avatar courtesy of the lovely and talented Amelie!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
She was more "WOW!" on that stage than I have ever seen her.
Literally.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Literally.
Exactly

Old 07-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

C'mon guys, you're making me not want to read this thread any more... :'(