Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 06-28-2008, 04:21 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Ah, but if you're not able to read between the lines and understand the personality of someone you've never met, how can you know if you like me or not?
Ha, that's true. I guess it would be more accurate to say, I like the version of yourself you project online. I'll never know how close it is to the truth unless I have the pleasure of meeting you in person. Even so, I'm inclined to believe your online persona. Why you and not Lili? Because unlike Lili, you don't have an international reputation to keep. She has every reason to be fake, whereas you don't.

Now then, I think you may have misunderstood my biology major/gun advocate analogy. I'm not talking about Alizée's politics. My story was meant to illustrate how the actions of people I've known have led me to make assumptions about their character that turned out to be completely false. It can apply here, too. You can look at Alizée's reaction to questions about her tastes in men and think she must be the sophisticated type, but for all we know the truth may be she likes hanging out with guys who are, for lack of a better term, dickheads. When it comes to reading people, life is tricky that way, especially with celebrities and politicians (the two are sadly more interchangable than not).

And to clarify the seemingly contradictory statement: We have no objective way to determine how close the act is to the real deal. We can only stretch out perceived truths. Thus, I can't definitively say she's a phony, but I can't say she isn't, either. I am of the opinion, however, that most of the Alizée we see is fabricated, with a grain of truth at the core of it all.

Last edited by Neiteio; 06-28-2008 at 04:24 PM..
Old 06-28-2008, 04:35 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
And how is it that nobody is mocking the ridiculous soul patches Jérémy and his bro are sporting in those pics?
OK. What are "soul patches?" Are you talking about the chin hair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
People aren't so easy to read.

So in conclusion, I'm not saying she's a phony, but I stick by what I've said all along: we'll never know what she's really like. But we're all free to ponder.
What I've found is.. [some] people aren't so easy to read, while some are very easy to read. Most are in the middle.

Quote:
These two statements cannot both be true. Either we CAN know (in some ways) what she's really like, or she IS a phony.
I believe she is very real. You can get a sense of what she believes by what she does and does not say, and the "way" she says it.

However, she is not above misdirection if confronted with an inapprioriate question. Not that she is being phony, but she may end up giving less than a complete or the most relevant answer.

And, just for the record, I would not put it past her to lie if she was boxed into a corner. Again, in that situation she is not being phony, she would simply be protecting herself.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We have no objective way to determine how close the act is to the real deal... I am of the opinion, however, that most of the Alizée we see is fabricated, with a grain of truth at the core of it all.
I don't agree. Alizée doesn't live in a bubble. Hang around long enough and you inevitably find yourself talking to people close to her. Nothing that bears repeating, not knowing what's apocryphal or not, but the overall combined with what's apparent and it's not hard to form a seemingly accurate view: that at least now, post-Farmer, she's trying to be as true to herself as possible within the confines of art, commerce, and privacy.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
I happen to sport one, thank you very much, although...mine looks a bit cooler.
Oops. Sorry Barrett...but I've always had the opinion that soul patches just look goofy. Of course, I've also been known to occasionally sport a van dyke, which I'm told is tragically late-90's, so what do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
OK. What are "soul patches?" Are you talking about the chin hair?
Yeah, that little furry patch resembling lower-lip fungus worn by men incapable of growing full beards.

I KEED, I KEED!
Old 06-28-2008, 10:49 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

Since the whole "Is Alizée real? Fake? What is the Matrix?" debate has reached a stalemate, I'll instead comment on two things:

- Soul patches make me uncomfortable, but that Barrett guy is a-okay.
- Ruroshen, did you draw those anime-style Alizées? They're amazing.

Seacrest, out.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen
Yeah, that little furry patch resembling lower-lip fungus worn by men incapable of growing full beards.
Psh, soul patches are BA (British Airways, inside joke ), haven't you seen that Jackie Chan movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen
Oops. Sorry Barrett...but I've always had the opinion that soul patches just look goofy. Of course, I've also been known to occasionally sport a van dyke, which I'm told is tragically late-90's, so what do I know?
I change my facial hairs every now and then, i've gone from Fu Manchu, to Jordan Rudess beard, and even no facial hair (which I found myself quite unappealing, well MORE unappealing than I usually am).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
K. What are "soul patches?" Are you talking about the chin hair?
It's a little thing that makes you look either like a sinister warlock, or a metrosexual hairstylist.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
- Ruroshen, did you draw those anime-style Alizées? They're amazing.
Not me, friend. I'm a comic writer, not an artist. My banner is a Photoshop remix of a piece called 'Alizée X5' by a talented Mexican artist named DArtkokoro, who graciously released it into the wild under the Creative Commons 3.0 license.

Well, bleah. I was gonna link y'all to his DeviantArt gallery so you could check out his other work, but sadly it looks like he's had some drama there in the past couple days, and had his account hacked. Boo-urns! Hopefully he's back up and running again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
It's a little thing that makes you look either like a sinister warlock, or a metrosexual hairstylist.
Hey, you don't mess with the Zohan!
Old 06-29-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A "crush" is not just physical attraction. I find a lot of women physically attractive that I don't have crushes on. For me, personality is definitely a big part of it; she has to be intelligent, creative, and non-conventional, or it doesn't matter how easy she is on the eyes. I can see a woman and say "hey, she's hot," and then move on and forget all about her, or I can see (and talk to) a woman and go WOW!!! -- heart lost, stupid behavior to follow.
Well crush is more likely to be physical. I might love lili, but i might hate living with her. You just never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Not me, friend. I'm a comic writer, not an artist. My banner is a Photoshop remix of a piece called 'Alizée X5' by a talented Mexican artist named DArtkokoro, who graciously released it into the wild under the Creative Commons 3.0 license.

Last edited by Zack -Alizee Lover-; 06-29-2008 at 04:45 PM..
Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

It's probably unnecessary to say at this point, but, well, Deep, you've become a guy who is arguing with a woman who says at 16 her attraction to Brad Pitt was just physical and straight out telling her how she feels/felt. I understand your desire to wax analytical, but you do come off a bit (or perhaps a ton) conceited with that type of comment.

I'm sure one can glean something of Alizée's true personality from interviews and we all will, but really I think there are some big holes in what I can determine from what she says in interviews.

It does seem that she has changed and wants to express it. And, I don't think it's just her showing more of herself. Before she was a teenager who worked with and followed the advice of Mylène Farmer, now she's not. That in itself is a very significant change.

She certainly has changed her image and with things like those new music videos it seems she's trying to break wide open and free of being some particular way. Though, I don't really know what her motivations are. I've seen things that make me doubt my previous ideas about what her motivations are. One wishes to get to know her personally though hopes that doing so will confirm what one wanted to think about her instead of controverting it. I think I'd be willing to take the chance.

Until then, I'll take all the interviews I can find.

In any case, I hope she has some good ideas for the future. I'll take the concert in Paris happily if it is exactly the same as in Mexico (though hopefully with a couple different songs like adding Idéaliser), but every so often I do feel a stir of excitement at the thought of what might come next.

Merci Fanny
Old 07-02-2008, 12:43 AM

ggin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
I'll take the concert in Paris happily if it is exactly the same as in Mexico (though hopefully with a couple different songs like adding Idéaliser), but every so often I do feel a stir of excitement at the thought of what might come next.
I would go see that concert again every night even if it were exactly the same as in Mexico! Although I do like Idéaliser, good point. Anyway, Paris sadly may not be in my near future. I'm sure it will be wonderful again, whatever Lily brings to it.

My signature and Avatar courtesy of the lovely and talented Amelie!