Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-02-2006, 02:29 PM

newalizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapplejello View Post
WELL, here is is October 2nd and no news of any kind of new ALIZEE CD, has yet to surface. The September promise to us by many has failed once again, as many attempts to see what is going on with THE GODDESS of the world has.
It's a crying shame that its now been almost 4 long YEARS since the making of her last CD. At this point, as much as I love her, there is little or no hope of having her return to the point where she left off, which was her last public concert on January 17, way back in 2004.
I just don't get it. I've been bangin my head against the wall trying to figure why she has completly dropped out of the entertainment spotlight.
If anyone has a clue, please respond!
Rich ( Rhode Island( USA
well the september comeback was just a rumor that many of us believed...
although she isnt making any appearances or we havent heard from her in a while.. she is planning to comeback. even jeremy confirmed that she is hard at work. and she did send a letter to (bleh i dunno) nidalizee i think.

dont worry i too thought she was coming back in september and i was more than hoping for it but i had a feeling it wasnt gonna happen. but i know for sure that either sometime this year or early next year she will release SOMETHING.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:35 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
WELL, here is is October 2nd and no news of any kind of new ALIZEE CD, has yet to surface. The September promise to us by many has failed once again, as many attempts to see what is going on with THE GODDESS of the world has.
It's a crying shame that its now been almost 4 long YEARS since the making of her last CD. At this point, as much as I love her, there is little or no hope of having her return to the point where she left off, which was her last public concert on January 17, way back in 2004.
I just don't get it. I've been bangin my head against the wall trying to figure why she has completly dropped out of the entertainment spotlight.
Rich ( Rhode Island( USA
Have faith .. she will be back one day soon, and she will be better than ever. I can see her now on that stage with a huge adorable smile .. waving to all of us

good things come to those who wait ...
Old 10-02-2006, 03:07 PM

O Rly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Rich ( Rhode Island( USA
She got pregnant. There would have been no way for her to do any performances, if you'd know how she looked at the time. After that she had to raise her little baby to a level where you could assign a nanny or something to look after it most of the time. (I know, cause i remember how it was with my younger brother and is right now with my 1year old sister) It'd be really really unhealthy for her and her baby if she'd go on with all the performances and stuff.

It's completely ok for me that she hasn't been around this whole time (i know that you want to see her, i do too, but think about it). Think of her as not Alizée but just a normal woman and you will get it.

Wow, that took a long time to write... 2 people made it in between. lol.

Last edited by O Rly; 10-02-2006 at 03:09 PM..
Old 10-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

I think the in the 3 years break that she has taken it has allowed us to catch up on her. Her music in the past few years has travelled from France to most parts of the world. If she had been doing albums her fans would have just been busy accumulating Alizee stuff, instead since she wasn't doing anything they spent time sharing her with others like Brad did. In short my point is that it was good that she too the break.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:21 PM

cane17 is on a distinguished road

I still have hope that she will be back and thank you Topaz for the Jeni video

Old 10-02-2006, 11:57 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane17 View Post
J/K Here is Jenifer and Jeremy singing together

He doesn't do justice to the song. But, I have to admit a couple of his songs are pretty good, like the first one on the playlist here:

http://www.uaehitman.com/jeremyc/

He's probably one of those artist that just has to grow on you...

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 10-03-2006, 12:03 AM

maareek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
He doesn't do justice to the song. But, I have to admit a couple of his songs are pretty good, like the first one on the playlist here:

http://www.uaehitman.com/jeremyc/

He's probably one of those artist that just has to grow on you...

I agree with you, I don't think he was a good choice to sing with Jenifer on that song (may just be personal bias, I love the way she sings it . But I've liked everything else I've listened to from him. Not the greatest singer, and I'm unsure if I really like his slurring and such, but I'm digging the tunes.

And I don't really have a problem waiting for Alizee's new stuff. She has a family and seems to be putting that above all else. In her shoes (assuming she doesn't have to worry about money, which I don't think she does) I would definitely be staying at home and tending to my child. In fact, it'd probably be another year or two yet before I'd even think about a "comeback" so I think it's great she's even working on it. And I'm dying to hear it, but if she's putting family first then I can definitely respect that.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:45 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

I can not STAND Jeremy. His voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Even his songs suck. I'm sorry but if this is the avenue that Aliz'ee is taking, I wish her luck on her come back because she is going to need it. Why ruin something that put you on the top? I've seen and read about how changing styles has damaged the careers of many artists. Very few artists have done this and was successful only because they had deeply devoted fans.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:59 AM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Case in point: Pat Bennatar's first love is opera. She performed on the opera stage since she was 16. In the 80's, on the advise of a friend, she changed her style and went to hard rock. Her song, Hit Me With Your Best Shot went straight to #1. She made two albums that both went platinum. After the birth of her baby, she changed her style to soft rock because she felt it was inappropiate for a mommy to do hard rock. Her popularity took an instant nose dive.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Yeah, but does that mean Pat Bennatar should have continued with rock? I guess some would say yes because that might have meant continued success, but wouldn't it have been a pretty empty achievement for her if her heart wasn't in it?

From Alizée's choices, it's clear that she's decided to live her life for herself too, and not pursue fame to the fullest extent that she could have. Assuming she did so knowingly, I don't think this can be faulted. We've each got to find our own happiness.

Whether one still wants to be her fan in light of this is up to them, of course, but personally nothing can change my appreciation of the work she's already done, even if she never releases anything else, and the new stuff... well, I'll make up my mind on that when I hear it.

Last edited by Ben; 10-03-2006 at 11:21 AM..