Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-14-2024, 04:40 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Express Service View Post
Hello all, first post here (and an explanation of my forum name):

My grandfather drove a truck cross-country, and would regularly come back with CDs nobody ever heard of that he found on sale at varied truck stops. Sometime in 2005, he came back with Gourmandises, and I immediately became a fan.

Years later, I would go on to co-host a local college radio show with a friend of mine - if I think closely, I can still hear the intro imaging (the sound of an old stepper switch clanking into place, Cyclotron starts playing in the background, followed by a robotic voice “Platform one, for the Chicago Express Service, 2200 departure”)

The show ran from 10pm-Close (the overnights were automated, so we could run the show as late as we wanted - and at least twice a year, we’d run straight through to 10AM). The only rule was Anything Goes - play what you want, with a preference to stuff you’d never normally hear on the radio. I brought in the album and it was a hit - it, and the then-fairly-new UEDS would go on to be staples of the show. Thinking back on it, that’s probably the most radio airplay any of her work has had stateside.

Joined the forum after discovering it in a google search looking up info for the show next September. I'd been a part of some Facebook groups, but they're mostly full of AI generated stuff now - no discussion to be had, really.
It's kind of good this forum has survived this far though at times its been hanging on by a thread. You can find some good history here as far as her. There was another very good forum based in Europe, Alizee forum, but that folded several years ago too.
There was also an Mylene Farmer International or was it International Mylene Forum which had an Alizee section. That was interesting because it was in business at the time of the split and a lot of fans there were Mylene fans first and were very upset with Alizee when she left MF.
I think theres a site with the same name now but its not the same.
Old 09-14-2024, 04:56 PM
...never wants to leave you

Location: The verdant meadows of Chicago, the only city in America
Chicago Express Service is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's kind of good this forum has survived this far though at times its been hanging on by a thread.
Sadly, that seems to be the story of many forums I'm on, even the ones I've been on 20+ years. By and large, the age of the forum seems to be passing.

I've seen the thread on site support status - for what it's worth, if the time comes that it's a problem again, I'd have no issue chipping in to keep it going (and with my varied reseller accounts through my work, I could possibly get better rates on hosting/etc - but I'm not sure I'd want to migrate the site, I've done it before for some forums and it's not a light endeavor). The history here is worth preserving, and I'm lucky to be in a position where I can assist.