Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-19-2006, 07:49 PM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

I remember (from somewhere) that Alizee said that she didn't like American type rap but did like French rap. I'm assuming that by French rap she means something along the lines of her own rap song, "Mon Maquis."

-Cybersoil
Old 07-19-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

can you imagine Alizee's 3rd album full of french rap and she starts throwin up gang signs that would be awesome

I'm just kidding though it wouldn't be bad if she had another song like mon maquis
Old 07-19-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm not twenty

dvtq is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan500
can you imagine Alizee's 3rd album full of french rap and she starts throwin up gang signs that would be awesome
, Spartan500 --> <-- me

Quote:
I'm just kidding though it wouldn't be bad if she had another song like mon maquis
i like mon maquis and i hope she will have some new in 3rd album, so , stop hitting spartan500 , but cannot forgive for what did he wrote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:00 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

thats funny cause just a minute ago triped over my boots and hit my head on my chair but my chair is soft (like my ho LOL just kidding)

Last edited by Spartan500; 07-19-2006 at 10:34 PM..
Old 07-19-2006, 10:04 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
do you have that video?
yes .. i will upload it soon
Old 07-19-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

awesome thanks brad
Old 07-19-2006, 10:31 PM
cybersoil

Thumbs up

Quote:
thats funny cause just a minute ago triped over my boots and hit my heaad on my chair but my chair is soft (like my ho LOL just kidding)
It's Vietnamese Voodoo, I tell you!

-Cybersoil
Old 07-19-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

cybersoil if its voodoo it might happen to us all if we make him angry
LOL!!!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:56 PM

Pirate515 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad
in the lollytop interview, alizee says one of her favorite singers is eminem .. lol
LOL, that's odd, didn't Alizee say that she hates rap (although she does like some French rap acts)? On the other hand, Eminem is different, his songs have some entertainment value in them, they are not as monotonous as most of the other rap songs are, that's what makes me like him (not a huge fan of him though). Maybe Alizee understands the humor in his songs and that's why she likes him too? Which brings me to another point, being that Alizee's knowledge of English is probably pretty decent. I mean, to like Eminem what he's singing, and if Alizee does then she knows English better than she gives herself credit for.

Going back to the original topic, did it ever occur to you that maybe Alizee never performed here in the US simply because her record label does not allow her to? American entertainment industry these days is all about money. They rarely care about signing on talented artists such as Alizee, they'd rather dress up some slut like Britney or Paris Hilton, put tons of makeup on her and milk as much money out of them as possible. Some of you say that Alizee easily puts those so-called "artists" to shame; well, maybe this is exactly what American music industry is afraid of. Alizee is one of a kind, but she can only generate so much money. On the other hand, American record labels can easily "manufacture" a few hundred more Britneys and rappers. While each one of them will probably generate less money than Alizee, add them all up together and it will be a much higher number. It's truely sad to see that quality is far less important in music business (at least American music business) today than quantity. This is probably not the only reason keeping Alizee out of the US, but I'm pretty sure it's one of them.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate515
LOL, that's odd, didn't Alizee say that she hates rap (although she does like some French rap acts)? On the other hand, Eminem is different, his songs have some entertainment value in them, they are not as monotonous as most of the other rap songs are, that's what makes me like him (not a huge fan of him though). Maybe Alizee understands the humor in his songs and that's why she likes him too? Which brings me to another point, being that Alizee's knowledge of English is probably pretty decent. I mean, to like Eminem what he's singing, and if Alizee does then she knows English better than she gives herself credit for.

Going back to the original topic, did it ever occur to you that maybe Alizee never performed here in the US simply because her record label does not allow her to? American entertainment industry these days is all about money. They rarely care about signing on talented artists such as Alizee, they'd rather dress up some slut like Britney or Paris Hilton, put tons of makeup on her and milk as much money out of them as possible. Some of you say that Alizee easily puts those so-called "artists" to shame; well, maybe this is exactly what American music industry is afraid of. Alizee is one of a kind, but she can only generate so much money. On the other hand, American record labels can easily "manufacture" a few hundred more Britneys and rappers. While each one of them will probably generate less money than Alizee, add them all up together and it will be a much higher number. It's truely sad to see that quality is far less important in music business (at least American music business) today than quantity. This is probably not the only reason keeping Alizee out of the US, but I'm pretty sure it's one of them.
hey you bring up a good point cause didn't MF come out with a song called f them all or something like that

Last edited by Spartan500; 07-19-2006 at 11:47 PM..