Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-09-2018, 01:21 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I was so impressed by your video! Alizée was so charming. I particularly noticed how intently focused she was on you--she genuinely wanted to be sure to sign everything exactly how you wanted.
Now that you brought it up, that is a good observation. Lots of eye contact, listened carefully. My favorite part is when she signs my picture!

I know that Scruffy was apprehensive about just walking in off the street like that uninvited, and for good reason. I was so impressed on how she received him.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:39 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know the name of the song that they were playing at the time?

http://youtu.be/0ukDn-19dsg?t=100
Old 10-16-2018, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Does anyone know the name of the song that they were playing at the time?

http://youtu.be/0ukDn-19dsg?t=100
Scruffy, I believe it is “5 Seconds of Summer” by Youngblood.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Now that you brought it up, that is a good observation. Lots of eye contact, listened carefully. My favorite part is when she signs my picture!

I know that Scruffy was apprehensive about just walking in off the street like that uninvited, and for good reason. I was so impressed on how she received him.
When I first saw the video it was before I had read the whole story of how it all came about. I assumed this was a planned autograph session. That is how truly classy Alizée showed herself to be. She was as composed, relaxed, concientious and, yes, gracious as though she herself had requested this encounter. It just goes to show so much of her character. She didn’t act the “celebrity” one whit. Instead, her natural loveliness and charm shone through. Very delightful to see!

Last edited by Bamagirl; 10-16-2018 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-17-2018, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
When I first saw the video it was before I had read the whole story of how it all came about. I assumed this was a planned autograph session. That is how truly classy Alizée showed herself to be. She was as composed, relaxed, concientious and, yes, gracious as though she herself had requested this encounter. It just goes to show so much of her character. She didn’t act the “celebrity” one whit. Instead, her natural loveliness and charm shone through. Very delightful to see!
I can pretty much talk to anybody one on one and have something to say, but I think I would be very nervous in anticipation of talking with Alizee for the first time in my life if I ever had the chance to meet her. Even when I know she would put me at ease after the first ten seconds. Still, I can imagine that Scruffy's heart was beating pretty quickly as he walked up those stairs to the studio door!

The picture below is one of my favorites of Alizee. I don't know where she is or what she is doing. She is dressed very casual and looks like she didn't spend much time putting on makeup. She just tied her hair back and put on a headband and she was done. She looks content and unpretentious, and definitely approachable.

The world is a better place because she is in it.

Edit:

The other day I did a screen capture of Alizee in a Les Enfoires skit where she sings in English. But what I get a kick out of is her facial expressions. It is a mock rugby game between men and women. The way she interacts with the other performers shows that they were very comfortable interacting with a very playful Alizee.

Here is a link to my Google drive to view. It's about two minutes in length.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15_...H3HUDm9YrarH2b

A picture from it...

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 10-17-2018 at 07:55 AM..
Old 10-17-2018, 09:54 AM

Thanks Bamagirl for coming up with the name of that song. Someone who made a comment on the video wanted to know and I myself wanted to know.

Here is a clip from that same Les Enfoires show CleverCowboy mentioned where Alizée steals Pascal Obispo's hat.

http://drive.google.com/file/d/1nQdU...ew?usp=sharing

When I walked up those stairs and looked over the short wall towards the counter, she looked over at me and then she looked back down at what she was doing and smiled. It was either because, when I asked the hotel to call, they may have left a message, so she may have had a strong feeling a fan might show up or what I think is more likely, she recognized me from our other meetings and maybe it pleased her that a fan from the USA would 'still' come all this way to see her.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-17-2018 at 10:08 AM..
Old 10-17-2018, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
When I walked up those stairs and looked over the short wall towards the counter, she looked over at me and then she looked back down at what she was doing and smiled.
I like this.

Quote:
what I think is more likely, she recognized me from our other meetings and maybe it pleased her that a fan from the USA would 'still' come all this way to see her.
This may be very likely. In all the videos I have seen of her autograph sessions, she makes a lot of eye contact. She may not have been able to name the places and times that she had met you, but there could have been a familiarity of your face that she recognized.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Bamagirl for coming up with the name of that song. Someone who made a comment on the video wanted to know and I myself wanted to know.

Here is a clip from that same Les Enfoires show CleverCowboy mentioned where Alizée steals Pascal Obispo's hat.

http://drive.google.com/file/d/1nQdU...ew?usp=sharing

When I walked up those stairs and looked over the short wall towards the counter, she looked over at me and then she looked back down at what she was doing and smiled. It was either because, when I asked the hotel to call, they may have left a message, so she may have had a strong feeling a fan might show up or what I think is more likely, she recognized me from our other meetings and maybe it pleased her that a fan from the USA would 'still' come all this way to see her.
You're very welcome, Scruffy. I am glad I was able to help. I have to say, I am so glad you had the presence of mind to record the autograph session. It really is good to see and I think it shows so much of Alizée's personality.
And thanks for sharing that clip from the Les Enfoires show. Alizée has a good sense of humor!

Edit:

Clever Cowboy,
I like that picture of Alizée. One of the things I admire about her is that it is really impossible (even for a woman!) to tell how much makeup she does or does not use. That is because if she IS made up, it is done so tastefully that it just enhances her appearance without distorting it. So many women, unfortunately, have no idea how to apply makeup. They way overdo it. Of course, Alizée is young and some people would say that is why she looks so good without a lot of makeup. I disagree. It is true, of course, that she is naturally very pretty. But I believe her beauty is the kind that will last as she ages. And she obviously knows how to let her natural attractiveness show and is able to use makeup as an aid but not as some kind of mask. I wish more girls and women would take a leaf from her book!

Last edited by Bamagirl; 10-17-2018 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-17-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
You're very welcome, Scruffy. I am glad I was able to help. I have to say, I am so glad you had the presence of mind to record the autograph session. It really is good to see and I think it shows so much of Alizée's personality.
And thanks for sharing that clip from the Les Enfoires show. Alizée has a good sense of humor!
I wanted to do something along the lines of the 'three hypothetical interviews' I did several years ago but then I kept putting it off and decided to go with what little I had.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Clever Cowboy,
I like that picture of Alizée. One of the things I admire about her is that it is really impossible (even for a woman!) to tell how much makeup she does or does not use. That is because if she IS made up, it is done so tastefully that it just enhances her appearance without distorting it. So many women, unfortunately, have no idea how to apply makeup. They way overdo it. Of course, Alizée is young and some people would say that is why she looks so good without a lot of makeup. I disagree. It is true, of course, that she is naturally very pretty. But I believe her beauty is the kind that will last as she ages. And she obviously knows how to let her natural attractiveness show and is able to use makeup as an aid but not as some kind of mask. I wish more girls and women would take a leaf from her book!
Thanks for the comment. Thanks for being here on this forum. I for one appreciate the female perspective and I'm sure others as well.

You made some excellent points that many of the younger members maybe would not think of. I'm not a young guy, so I have been my share of long term relationships with women and a very long marriage. I have never liked makeup that looks like cake icing, and we are talking about young women that do it, who are otherwise pretty. Their face becomes a different color than their neck and the rest of their body.

I'm sure that Alizee applies daily makeup to some extent, but does so tastefully as you say. I know already that she loves long eyelashes and mascara She also has a natural beauty that can put Revlon out of business!

As Prince once sang:
Closin' time, ugly lights, everybody's inspected (Everybody's inspected)
But you are a natural beauty unaffected (Unaffected)
Old 10-17-2018, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

That was very well done, Scruffy. But I have to say I don’t agree with the part about you...I don’t think Alizée would be so cruel to you! She proved that recently in Corsica!