Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

I'm sure Alizée has a deep side and I'm sure she has a boring side and I'm sure she even has an ugly side too, but at the end of the day she chose to show everyone her BEST SIDE and that's what matters most.

Well I don't mean to come across as conescending but even if she was to share her other sides, would they really matter as much to us as that? I don't think so. Nonetheless I think we've all been spoilt rotten, but offcourse we all want more and it's ok... it's ok to still dream.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 03-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Thanks! If you don’t mind, having a look at the lyrics would be nice. I’ll take a PM if you prefer.

I have noticed that as well. But what is disappointing to me is that in the few interviews where she could actually go a little deeper (and I emphasize the fact that I haven’t seen all her interviews), she doesn’t venture too far and doesn’t sound very convincing, or at ease. It sounds rehearsed. But that might simply my impression. Here is an example, for those who can decipher spoken French (at 3m15s):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RX71xcMpx5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit:

Ray, as Matevz writes, I really hope that you (as well as any other AAm member) don’t believe that this is about being “deep” enough. This is about discussing and sharing different views on this particular topic. Thanks for contributing!
This also reminds me of the Le Figaro interview during the UEDS period. They actually solicited questions from the fans to ask her in this interview. One of our members "Toc de mac" got his question asked. He asked her if she got the chance to visit the Warhol museum in Pittsburgh for the purpose of doing research for the album. It's around the 4:55 mark.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sUyioZGHfhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For those who would like a translation and a bit more info, check this post out: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...6&postcount=20
Old 03-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Alizée dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
For those who would like a translation and a bit more info, check this post out: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...6&postcount=20
I remember this now but I still can't find the "underlined bit"

Old 03-17-2013, 01:21 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-rêve View Post
I'm sure Alizée has a deep side and I'm sure she has a boring side and I'm sure she even has an ugly side too, but at the end of the day she chose to show everyone her BEST SIDE and that's what matters most.

Well I don't mean to come across as conescending but even if she was to share her other sides, would they really matter as much to us as that? I don't think so. Nonetheless I think we've all been spoilt rotten, but offcourse we all want more and it's ok... it's ok to still dream.
I think you might be surprised. I would say a little depth display would be appreciated by quite a few fans. Besides, why would Alizée commenting on a good book be a problem if she would still be providing you with all that you want from her? I mean, a few posts per year about something a little more substantial and I would be happy... Don’t you want my happiness, Un-rêve?

Edit:

Maybe Alizée is actually reading AAm forums, she just posted this:

Last edited by Corsaire; 03-17-2013 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-17-2013, 03:10 AM
Alizée dreamer

Quote:
Don’t you want my happiness, Un-rêve?
Sorry I don't understand and that's a meme you just posted.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Sorry I don't understand and that's a meme you just posted.
Un-rêve, what’s going on here? I was just saying that Alizée could be all that you want her to be and still occasionally show some depth (if she is capable of it). Win-win situation for all of us. Don't you get that what you quoted is just me joking?

As for the meme, it has nothing to do with you, or your post... and I think I would know it is a meme...

Last edited by Corsaire; 03-17-2013 at 03:41 AM..
Old 03-17-2013, 04:32 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:

ROFL

How true, how true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
... I've had the pleasure of knowing a small number of MENSA members in my life. In most cases they are very different and many people look at them as odd balls. I worked with a guy right of college that had an IQ over 160 and a member of Mensa. I found out by accident by running into someone that knew him socially. Every one at the company thought he was a nutcase and screwball. The problem was the guy was so far beyond his superiors that he tried to dumb down the conversation to their level and even still the information was going right over their heads. Once I realized what he was and not what everyone thought he was I hung on every word that man spoke....
A super-intelligent relative of mine, who did almost nothing but giggle in her teenage years, was visited by my brother at college while she was studying law. He said she acted the same way as she had years ago. Then a professor called her (by the way, when have any of you had your professor call you). The conversation jumped up about 10 levels instantly. He was floored. She told him later that, when you are much smarter than most of those around you, you learn coping mechanisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
... I think a person would maybe have to get to know Alizée personally in order to know the answer. Maybe she's just keeping things light and superficial in public to avoid any controversy.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I've got hidden shallows

Maybe Alizee has hidden depths?
Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matevz91 View Post
...And I hope that she will never discuss politics or similar topics, as I believe that would do her more harm than good. Imagine Alizée suddenly citing Marx .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
You're dead on with that statement. I picked up on her political leanings when I saw a tweet from a politician Alizée was following she had retweeted. I was sweating for ten days to two weeks hoping beyond hope no one else saw that tweet and if they did they kept it to themselves. Lucky for everyone if anyone else from AAM and AF saw it they also kept quiet about it.

Stay out of the political arena you keep 100% of your fans, pick a side you can alienate any where for 5% to 50% of your fan base. In today's economy can any performer afford to lose even ten percent of their fans?
Exactly. If she were not so smart, she would have stepped on this land mine once or twice already. I'm sure Mylene taught her well. But the important thing is that she did learn.

Quote:
I'm sure Alizée has a deep side and I'm sure she has a boring side and I'm sure she even has an ugly side too, but at the end of the day she chose to show everyone her BEST SIDE and that's what matters most....
Has it ever dawned on most of you that, Alizée has learned her lessons almost too well. She is very alert, and has had 12 years to see how people react to what she says. In this time she (her public image) has been honed by her fans and public into what you see today. In essence, she has not shown more of her depth because YOU won't let her. By "you," I hope you realize that I am referring to the dumbest among her fan base, because this is always the lowest common denominator of any mob (groups are smarter, but only when they are allowed to be). The press knows what the "mob" wants, and is more than happy to give it to them.

She is everything that you know about her, but she is also more (a lot more in fact). However, there are aspects of herself that she will simply not share - because YOU taught her long time ago that it was a mistake to.

She is a remarkable woman. She is kind, giving, smart, loving, honest, caring, at peace, capable, jealous, human, focused, calm, very feminine, very alert, astute, XXXXXXX, a XXXXXX, etc...

Is she an intellectual? No, I wouldn't call her that. However, she does have significant depth to her.

I agree with much of what you all said once you got going. I will specifically comment that Jenny and Euphoria each had good post(s).

Last edited by Rev; 03-18-2013 at 12:44 AM..
Old 03-17-2013, 07:44 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

After all this, I would say that you, Corsaire, should instead focus on youself than on her (or anyone else, for that matter). After all your posts that I have read here on AAm, I will say, that you have things, hidden in your own depths, things that could do much good if only you knew about them and used them in a right way. Alizée is, what she is, I can rant about her as much as I can, but the moment when I hear her voice, her music, or see her, I instantly feel (and know), why this woman means so much to me. But at this moment, my respect goes to you!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matevz91 View Post
After all this, I would say that you, Corsaire, should instead focus on youself than on her (or anyone else, for that matter). After all your posts that I have read here on AAm, I will say, that you have things, hidden in your own depths, things that could do much good if only you knew about them and used them in a right way. Alizée is, what she is, I can rant about her as much as I can, but the moment when I hear her voice, her music, or see her, I instantly feel (and know), why this woman means so much to me. But at this moment, my respect goes to you!
Unfortunately, my problem is that whatever “depth” I possess, it came with an unhealthy obsession for uncovering the truth about the validity of my thoughts and feelings. After the initial hook, I remain obsessed with Alizée and it is not because of her soothing voice or her great looks. If it was just for her voice and looks, I wouldn’t be interested in the person itself and most probably wouldn’t follow her career. There is something more I want to see in her (so, this is my problem, not hers) and I need to find out why this is the case. If there is nothing deeper than what I see now, I would have lied to myself all along and this great concept that was Alizée for me will have been just the figment of my imagination.

I am not one to push this aside and just leave the question unanswered. It might be fine for most of her fans, but it is against my nature. In a way, I suppose this will end with me letting go of her at some point because we all agree that it is unlikely that we will ever know if she does indeed hide a deeper side to her.

Thank you for your very kind words, Matevz. The solution you propose is probably the only one that makes sense and you can see that my conclusion on how to solve my dilemma is exactly the same as yours.

I just wish I could, like you, know why this woman means so much to me...

But I'll survive...

Last edited by Corsaire; 03-17-2013 at 02:27 PM..
Old 03-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Unfortunately, my problem is that whatever “depth” I possess, it came with an unhealthy obsession for uncovering the truth about the validity of my thoughts and feelings.
You mean, like reality checks? I think that you mean analysis.

Quote:
But I'll survive...
Sure you will. Though, it is not only about survival. If you arrive at a conclusion and it sounds incomplete, try to look at the problem from a different angle.

I have ended my main analysis of Alizée, Mylène and Laurent quite some time ago, and it is in my nature to try to move on when I complete a task. I have since accepted them as part of my personality and my philosophy, but to be honest I am no longer interested that much into who they really are (as persons), instead I focus on how their works can help me in my life.

I think that I haven't mentioned that before, but I think that we are missing something important (which is of course only my conjecture). If we want to find out what I think we have missed, we first have to ask ourselves, what does it mean that someone is intelligent. From the posts in this thread I've got the impression that you think, that IQ actually tells how intelligent is someone, or that someone with higher IQ is more intelligent from someone with lover IQ. Well, comparing IQ to intelligence is like comparing the set of whole numbers (Z) to the set of real numbers (R) - one is countable, while the other one is not, one has countable infinity of members while the other has continuum (that is, uncountable infinity) of members. Whenever one talks about intelligence, I start shaking when one even mentions IQ, but that is just me

In my life I follow the metaphysical claim that everyone is born equally intelligent, or a somewhat stronger (and realistic?) claim, that for lack of intelligence in some areas there is always abundance of intelligence in other areas. I am not particularly interested into validity of this claim, instead I am more interested into validity of the claim, that our society and the way our world works is to be blamed for the fact, that a large majority of people never finds where they are strong (i.e. intelligent) and are thus forced into vegetation and oppression.
Extreme cases are those people, of whom you have written here, who are presumably extremely intelligent, but never had the strength and possibility to actually use their intelligence for something other than to prove everybody else, that they are intelligent, for some tasks that could also be accomplished by anybody else, or to dumb themselves down and thus enable everyone else to keep them in memory as extraordinary people who failed miserably. If you ask me, these are the real tragic stories of our time.

Anyway, before I move to my conjecture about Alizée, I must first ask myself, am I intelligent? Judging by what some people in my life say, I am not. Some have said that I am incredibly dumb and that I will continue to be such until I will come out of my hole and face the real world. Some have said that I am mediocre and others have said that I am intelligent. Only some people (all of them are either bellow 20 years old or are over 75 years old) have said that people like me are extremely rare.
What is the truth then, am I intelligent? I would say, it depends on who asks. Those who say, that I should face the real world, don't realize that I probably know more about the world at the age of 21 than they ever will, those who say that I look at the world too strict (i.e. too mathematical) don't realize that I didn't care much about math until I was 18 (when I suddenly decided that I am going to study math), so how did I look at the world before I was 18? There are those who say, that I don't have a soul, but they don't realize that I perceive spirituality as part of my life (here you have the answer to the question whether there is more to "reality" than what we see - yes there is). And lastly, there are those who think that I know everything and that I can do anything - they don't realized how flawed I am as a person and how little I really know, sometimes I get lost even at the most trivial things.

To sum it up, how people see me tells more about them than about myself. I am sure that this is also true for everyone else, although it might be more true for those who are like me, who like to do things and think their own way and who normally have no problems going against the current. How deep we see Alizée might say more about ourselves than about her.

Since I (re)discovered Alizée, I considered being a hobby composer. Before that, I never considered art as something that could be part of my life, but with Alizée I discovered something new, a world in which I found out that a large part of my "intelligence" lies between computer science, math, art and something that can perhaps be described as a cross between humanism, metaphysics and social sciences. I know the basics on how to play the violin, but in general I am a horrible musician. For me as a (very non-productive) hobby composer, music is a tool and a weapon for a better humanity. (am babbling? maybe but check this out - my (first, flawed and quite unusable) musical notation: http://www2.arnes.si/~mmarko7/javno/...20notation.pdf)

Anyway, I have finally covered enough ground to present to you my conjecture about Alizée - that she is one of the most flexible and intelligent singers, out of whom a composer, who knows what he wants and who has a world (that is, "depth" - check out my definition some posts ago) behind his works, can create songs that can literally take the world. And I am not talking about taking the world in a commercial way, but in a way of the mind. I cannot prove that, of course, but I have this feeling, that her superficiality towers over others depths.
For those interested, I used some of the words of Ptolemy from the Stones movie Alexander the great still, my feeling stands, the feeling that in right hands, she can do wonders.

Thanks for reading all this