Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-16-2011, 12:14 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Personally, I like it. I've always liked the double meanings in Alizee's songs as well as Mylene Farmer's. We're adults, adults do, see, and talk about sexual things, it's just a part of life. Azhiri is totally right in saying that it's really in the eye of the beholder. At face value, the songs are rather innocent, and I like that. But I also like that there is a deeper meaning because it shows that she is human, just like the rest of us. I mean come on people, she has a child! She has obviously had sex. She had a tongue ring for Christ's sake, and you know why people have those. Step into the real world for a second and be realistic.
You are completely right on two counts here. The songs at first look are very innocent and the tongue ring I am more than sure was meant for one reason. But I think that what one sings about and how one lives their life, in this situation though at first appearence seem very related, are in reality far removed and I will explain further later on.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:29 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
the tongue ring I am more than sure was meant for one reason.

it was a ring? I thought it was a stick-like thing
Old 05-16-2011, 03:10 AM
Cheesy

Naft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
As I said before, I'd really would like to know the true meanings of these songs, but not at all costs. The danger of discussing it in this forum is we only have a few members who have a good knowledge of the French language and we have to trust in these individuals that their interpretations are right. The only one who truely knows is MF and though we may have some very educated opinions on the subject, we could really never know for sure unless she told us what she meant.

We could have other members here come along, let's say Joe Schmo who knows a limited amount of French who might do a lot of research on the internet about the lyrics in a particular song and come up with a conclusion that Alizee is saying she wants to sleep with her dad and in the bottom of their heart, might truely believe that and other members might propose interpretations that might seem outlandish, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, so once you open up that door, you better be prepared for whatever walks through.

Most of us with our limited knowledge of the language would be hard pressed to refute claims that are made and in the process Alizee's image is sullied. I'm sure most of us know there were inner meanings to these songs, most, if not all of a sexual nature, but maybe for Alizee's sake, it should be left at that and again for her sake, we should be spared the sordid details. For in the end, what real good will it do us and at what cost?
I wouldn't call it as much as the true meaning as a double (maybe more) meaning. As Azhiri pointed out the songs are subjective, but it is with certainty it can be said that the songs have more than one meaning to them. I for one will always see them as innocent, not only because I can't understand most of the double meanings without having them explained to me because of my lesser knowledge in French than any other member on this forum. If my first interpretation is that a woman is lying in the bath thinking about what's wrong with the world, being a tad bit pessimistic, then that is how I'll look at the song no matter how much you over-analyze it.

And a quote I find relevant: