Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-24-2013, 10:18 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I was checking out RMJ's pictures and noticed she has a new tattoo. It's under Sailor Moon's legs.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:07 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

^ I saw it it another thread today. I think it's "Snorky."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snorks

Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 AM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
You are a bad ass Alizée, we got it.
Yeah we got it.. but nonetheless I've still come to the conclusion that she doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks of her whether good or bad.

I really admire her for that.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 01-26-2013, 05:16 AM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

She already has had it for some weeks ago

Old 01-28-2013, 02:06 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Oh Freaking great

Just what we need is this from a shared photo by Inked Magazine.

Thanks to one of my wild and crazy Facebook girl friends.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Hey gang,

I'm not really a tattoo fan at all. I appreciated the artform because its an artform that takes great skill. And i know that tattoo's are personal to peeps, so you can't attack them for it. Its their choice.

Its just IMHO, what I see today is this sort of trend. Everybody has got to have them.. especially if you are an artist.. and even more-so as a musician. So it seems more like a peer pressure thing now.. to chase after an image. that seems to cheapen it for legit tattoo peeps. I'm an artist, I don't have a single tattoo... does that make me less than an artist? Do I even desire one? Not really.. I can't even think of something that I would want to put on me. Does that make me less passionate?

I meet a bartender who's also a filmmaker.. he has two giant tattoos on his forearms... one is of a USB symbol the other is a Firewire symbol.... to denote his love of digital filmmaking. I mention Thunderbolt as being the future of digital media connectivity and if he had a plan for that tattoo.. partially because I was curious, but also because I'm an asshole and thats what I do to batshit trendy hipsters. He shrugged it off. For 5 seconds I thought what he did was cool. After that, I went to indifferent to "really, dude?"

OF course he's in his twenties like the other dingbats in this town that feel the need to "belong" to something... whatever... i guess its the INK crowd.... It just feels like a phase.. like purple hair. except this is permanent... until you go all Wahlberg on them..

So whats Alizee doing? I have no idea... she's admitted that she's impulsive with "no regrets" which is a formula for batshit if you ask me. But it seems she was inhibited from the start of her rebellious years.. remember her El Sid wardrobe.... Geez.. then she went mama-san. i recall throughout her third and fourth album, during interviews, there was a saddness of sorts with her. Now this past year she's been every extroversive, yup the Ink, instagram, twitter.. but above al I've seen smiles everwhere. So maybe this is her arrested rebellious teenager years bubbling up. Either way she seems in her element doing what she wants to do. I just wish it was without the ink!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:29 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovelily View Post
Interview according to " fotodeali " ( from instagram )

Well this apparrently is a very recent picture taken at an interview.

I'm curious about the longer sleeve on the arm with several tatoos. Now several months ago, when she wore the black top with one full length sleeve and one cut off at the shoulder, I thought the general consensus was that it wasn't an attempt to cover up the tatoos per se, especially in lieu of some performances she doing at the time, but more to cover up some of the short term side affects of recent tatoos, such as bruising or bleeding.

So why now the long sleeve? Is there a new tatoo? If not, why the long sleeve?
Old 03-04-2013, 05:26 PM

I'm thinking she may have been getting some negative feed back on the arm in general. The old out of sight out of mind scenario may be coming into play.
She likes her tattoos but feels it may be better to cover them up so she's not blatantly throwing it in her fans faces every time she is in front of a camera.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:35 PM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

Because that's the way the shirt is designed?

This conversation has taken place before. It's a fashion thing. At the event she just went to, the arm was completely exposed, obviously she doesn't mind showing it.

I really don't think there is anything more to read into it then that.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:04 PM

Then why is she always covering the tattooed arm. Can't be all those single sleeve tops only cover the right arm. No one makes a shirt that covers the left arm and is short sleeve or sleeveless on the right? If you look at the shirt she is wearing, notice the ties, she could have raised the sleeve exposing the tattooed right arm and extended the sleeve down on the left.

If it happen once or twice I'd go with it is just a fashion statement but it looks to me in certain photo situations she is purposely covering up that right arm.

Not enough to be sure but enough to suspect there is a motive to one long sleeve on the right arm. We'll keep watching and see how this pans out over time.