Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think it was squandered. The best time to have thanked her for what she did for us was soon after the autograph session. The then DocDtv came up with the idea of presenting sort of a one time scholarship to one of the students at the school in Ajaccio where Alizee learned to dance. It certainly wasn't the best idea but in my opinion wasn't a bad idea.

He asked me to be the treasurer. A few days later when some forum members basicly said they didn't like the idea, I posted that I would do what ever the majority of the members in the forum wanted. Doc saw that as being disloyal and fired me as treasurer.

After several days, I didn't know what was going on with this effort. I didn't want to see it wasted and I was prepared to fly over myself and pay the money out of my own pocket for this, but like I said, I didn't know if Doc was still trying to carry on with this effort and I didn't want us to look like fools, having 2 donations show up around the same time ( though the school wouldn't have minded). So I didn't go and in my eyes it was an opportunity wasted.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

You can put me down for 100€ if this goes down. How is it that we would all go about sending our money to one person online?

Old 08-03-2011, 01:25 PM

If Ben doesn't have the time to work with this, I'll try and get it done. JEP already sent me a hundred through paypal and I suggested Tiwaz do the same thing with me because he'll be off line for a couple of weeks starting tomorrow.

If you want to send it to me, pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send you a bill through paypal.

and thank you very much for the donation Toc De Mac and anyone else who I may not have thanked already.

Edit:

Well I tried making some phone calls today to Ajaccio. It was pretty much an exercise in futility. At one number, I got hold of a woman who couldn't speak English. At another one, I got an answering service, in French of course. I will try this number again.

I also sent out some e-mails and left some messages on some Facebook pages, so hopefully we can wrap this up by tomorrow.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-03-2011 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-03-2011, 01:48 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Wow! I was just gone for a couple of days and a lot of stuff happened already?!
After a couple of slow weeks here, I thought I'd take a couple of days off. I hope I didn't miss a lot.

Now that I've caught up with what's going on, I want to make some donation as well. Sign me up for €50.00. That's all I could afford for now.
Money is still tight. So, I guess I would have to put off buying that 2009 Les Enfoires DVD. I'm just gonna have to watch it on Youtube a little longer.

As far as letting Alizee know about our donation: How about we post on her fan FB? I mean we (AAM FB) would post on her FB letting everyone know that we are NOT buying the toy but instead would like to "match" the winning bid of up to €1,000.00 thus doubling the donation? This might encourage some to bid up to that amount. Right now, it's stuck at €501.00.

IMO, this would encourage her fans to up their bids as well let Alizee know how grateful we were for what she's done for us last year.

Last edited by Jake04; 08-03-2011 at 02:26 PM..
Old 08-03-2011, 02:02 PM

JEP and Tiwaz already sent me their donations because they were under the gun time wise to give to get it done. So it looks like I'm the treasurer unless the forum decides other wise in which case I'll transfer the money to Ben or who ever else might be chosen. So pm me with your e-mail addresses and I'll send you a paypal bill.

Thanks for the donation Jake04.

I'm not sure about telling AF. Ben didn't want us to blow our own horn and I thought that might be a form of it. But if we did let them know, they might want to match our efforts which would be great for Jean-Baptiste.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:19 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Scruffydog,

Quote:
Scruffydog777 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
I'd send you my Email otherwise.

I can drop a check in the mail tomorrow morning or go through PayPal.

Al
Old 08-03-2011, 05:35 PM

I've recieved 3 more donations vie pay pal.
I'm still waiting to hear from someone, anyone in Ajaccio.
I even joined AlizeeCorsicajaccio so I coull post a message there to see if anyone there could help us out.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:44 AM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

I'm heading of to the mountains now so I wish scruffy good luck getting contact with Ajaccio and all others who are helping. Hopefully there will be some good news for me to read when I come home.

Cheery bye.

<3
Old 08-04-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
I'm heading of to the mountains now so I wish scruffy good luck getting contact with Ajaccio and all others who are helping. Hopefully there will be some good news for me to read when I come home.

Cheery bye.
Have a good trip Tiwaz and thanks again!

Well I've never had so much trouble giving away money in all my life. I've sent messages translated by Google translate to the two web sites mentioned by fans. I've tried calling a couple of numbers in Ajaccio, but in each case I talked to a woman who couldn't speak a word of English.

I joined AlizeeCorsicajaccio and posted a message there, again translated by goole last night. It had 15 views but no response. I'm still hoping there's a slim chance I might hear something today. I had hoped to get this done by the time the auction ended which I believe is today and it looks like that is not going to happen. The raising of money is going on beyond this date, just not by Alizee, at least at this point. So I think we should set a date of this Sunday. If nothing is set up by then, I will return the money to the people who donated.

MerciAlizee pm'd me yesterday saying he knows someone from Corsica and offered to help and so I asked him to give it a shot.

There's one other way we could do this. Everyone here pretty much agreed that we wanted to keep this low key, not wanting to raise any fan fare about it, even to the point where Alizee might not find out about it, but we've given that our best shot. Maybe the best thing to do is to make a posting on Alizee's fan page of what we were trying to do and how we were trying to do it and the road blocks we ran into which were most likely caused by our different languages and asking if there was some way we could send the money to her, or have her provide us with what would probably work best, a bank account that we could wire the money to. I don't think we'd want to send something like a cashiers check on a long trip through the mail system, but maybe a there would be a way I could send a personal check through the mail. That way if it gets lost, we have some protection. I'll ask my bank about it if it comes to that.

One other possibility is to enlist the help of the Alilzee forum. They're more likely to have better contacts than us and they certainly would have more people who speak the language, but I will wait to hear from members here, before doing anything.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-04-2011 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, I just reccomend joining all the french Alizee forums and ask for help, as you did with AlizeeCorsicAjaccio. And then just keep writing to the facebook pages. And heck, you can even send a message through ebay to Alizee's official ebay....

I know you've done most of those...but just keep trying We'll get a response eventually.

And thanks Jake and TDM for donating