Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I just want to point out for no reason but this is how I've done with my bargain shopping:

Psychedelices Deluxe Edition: $22
Psychedelices Mexican Tour Edition: $18
Psychedelices Regular Edition: $9
TOTAL---------------------------->$49

Thats about 3 Psychs for the price of yours hehe. Just saying
Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I've never heard of going from CD to cassette hahaha.

How does that work?
Oh, my stereo cassette deck records to cassette off of CD or FM or another cassette. Just in case I mean if all my cd players broke and so was I I could still have Alizée on cassette! My buddy Walt can record from vinyl to cd and Scruff can too. But I dont have a turntable on my stereo.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Well, rejoice, because you are correct. The quality of sound on a CD is much higher than any mp3. I buy the CD, then rip it to lossless WMA and put the CD in storage. I listen to the lossless WMA streamed from my PC, because hard disk space is dirt cheap these days, and I'm not going to reduce the quality of Alizee's voice unless I have to. That said, I use Switch Sound File Converter (free version) to downconvert the lossless WMA to 320 kbit/s variable bit rate, middle-side encoded MP3s when I need to slum around and store music on a storage limited device like an Ipod or CD. That's what I listen to in my car.

I don't think that's a bad idea, but with the cheap prices of mp3 players, it's probably easier and better quality to put them on one of those. However, I love the sounds of different formats. Yeah, technically CDs might be the best, but there is a reason people still use records sometimes. It's just like when Lilly used Polaroids to promote UEDS... sure digital pics are technically "better"... but the Polariods were tres cool.

Edit:

Aren't you like... too young to have seen a cassette? I'm older than you, I think, and I have not used one for well over a decade.
That is all wonderful knowledge, when I get my own computer I think I will have more hard drive and begin a digitized collection as well. I just want to know how to play the mp3 on a good sound system mainly I like my music very loud. Still a metalhead at heart. And yes I have not parted with my cassette collection of over 700 tapes yet. And I made this discovery quite by accident. My new factory Alizée cds are superior in sound quality to all the mp3 and burned stuff I made of her music. But I only take my burned copies to work, never the originals.

Last edited by RobandSandy; 01-11-2011 at 11:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-12-2011, 02:48 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

@ Rob & Sandy - Youse got over 700 cassettes??? You didn't happen to have been Deadheads at one point, were you? I mean, I was - there's no shame in it. (um, is there?)

But I find it unusual that you've got the cassette deck, yet no turntable. I'm just the opposite. I still have a fine (Harmon-Kardon) cassette deck, but it's been in the attic for almost a decade. Maybe I'll bring it back out in a few years (when the youngest kid is older...)

Yes, like most of the people here, I don't play my actual Lili CD's that often. I burned duplicate CD's, and use those, or else listen to the MP3s when out jogging or walking the dog.

As for the original topic - paying $45 for Psych - well no, I didn't, but I would've, and called it a bargain. It's my favorite album from my favorite artist.

Ordinary albums (and/or CDs), you pay $5 to $20 bucks and listen to maybe two, three times a year. I've listened to Psych hundreds of times. That works out to pennies a play! Bargain! Money well spent.

Oh yeah, as for "Lossless WMA" being better than mp3, yes that may be true at some level, but the far greater factor in your sound reproduction is the speakers you've got. They used to say that however much you spend on your sound system, that's equal to the amount to spend on your speakers. Even "monster cable" won't help you much if you've got cheap and/or little speakers. But fortunately, I don't! So when I play Alizée on the stereo through my Ohm Walsh 2's, I'm in heaven.

Last edited by Chuck; 01-12-2011 at 06:04 AM..