Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 08-29-2009, 07:10 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

I get the impression that this album should be listened entirely from Mademoiselle Juliette to L'effet, without shuffling songs. Every song is great placed in album. It's great arrangement. It's that kind of album that force you to think about it, not only to just listen.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Wasabi! You got Psyched!

Personally, gotta say, at first I hated a couple of the songs there. A few of em (Jamais Plus, L'Effet, etc) just disappointed me, at first. But as CrissPL pointed out, there's a LOT of variety in this record. In the songs, styles, tempos, and especially in the vocals. And it all holds together! Some records will just bore you after a listen or two, but this one does the opposite! And the more you listen, the more you'll hear--they crammed in a lot of different techniques, sounds, weird instruments, stereo separation tricks, and more.

So don't worry, take your time with it. Even the songs I hated I now like, love, or at least have a respect for.

Hey, here's something... After hearing it on the Victrola several times, I copied the disk to an mp3 player, and put on the headphones, and suddenly I started hearing things I couldn't believe were there before! Par Les Paupieres, for example, or the title track-- The difference surprised me so much, I still can't describe it, but ... Well okay, I'll try. It's like when you get to Oz, and you think it's really cool and all, and THEN they open the gate and let you in, and you're all like WOW!

Did that make sense? Or would a Tardis analogy be better?

Has anyone else noticed this "headphone effect"? This Psychedelices is one of the most amazing, densely layered, fastidiously produced, all around beautiful albums of all time. I give it a thumbs up. So would God Himself, if he had a copy. And another record coming soon! Now I'm psyched.
yup, this album definetly did take a bit till i liked it.
mainly cuz it was so different than all her previous albums!

but then again, this was much more "pop" like than the others, and very catchy!

Old 08-30-2009, 04:49 AM
Traceur

Fyrel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Wasabi! You got Psyched!

Personally, gotta say, at first I hated a couple of the songs there. A few of em (Jamais Plus, L'Effet, etc) just disappointed me, at first. But as CrissPL pointed out, there's a LOT of variety in this record. In the songs, styles, tempos, and especially in the vocals. And it all holds together! Some records will just bore you after a listen or two, but this one does the opposite! And the more you listen, the more you'll hear--they crammed in a lot of different techniques, sounds, weird instruments, stereo separation tricks, and more.

So don't worry, take your time with it. Even the songs I hated I now like, love, or at least have a respect for.

Hey, here's something... After hearing it on the Victrola several times, I copied the disk to an mp3 player, and put on the headphones, and suddenly I started hearing things I couldn't believe were there before! Par Les Paupieres, for example, or the title track-- The difference surprised me so much, I still can't describe it, but ... Well okay, I'll try. It's like when you get to Oz, and you think it's really cool and all, and THEN they open the gate and let you in, and you're all like WOW!

Did that make sense? Or would a Tardis analogy be better?

Has anyone else noticed this "headphone effect"? This Psychedelices is one of the most amazing, densely layered, fastidiously produced, all around beautiful albums of all time. I give it a thumbs up. So would God Himself, if he had a copy. And another record coming soon! Now I'm psyched.
Yeah, the "headphone effect" is very prevalent.....even after all these listens, I still find new layers, or appreciate a new way the songs are put together. Some of the songs are immediately catchy (Fifty Sixty, Mademoiselle Juliette, Lilly Town), but some I didn't pay attention to at all really until I really sat down and gave it a real listen by itself (Mon Taxi Driver, Lonely List, Jamai Plus). It's recently surpassed MCE as my favorite album; it seems like a lighter, more expressive album.

Être et durer.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:19 PM

ok, so some people have told me that Alizee says "cookie" in lillytown.. which, after straining my ears over and over again during the song, i've come to the conclusion is false.

it sounds more as if shes saying "ku-ku" or something like it, which, i assume, means something in french?

Old 08-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
ok, so some people have told me that Alizee says "cookie" in lillytown.. which, after straining my ears over and over again during the song, i've come to the conclusion is false.

it sounds more as if shes saying "ku-ku" or something like it, which, i assume, means something in french?
Well, here are the actual lyrics:

Quote:
Ravie
Du bleu du ciel
Et des fa si fa sol
Des autres étoiles, aussi vu
Le do, scellées au sol
Coco lait chocolat cookies macadamiam
Et chaque soir des hommes
Qui jouent aux dames
What you're talking about, Wasabi, is in bold.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:10 PM

SDB is on a distinguished road

Quote:

all the lyrics are in the album booklet :wink:

coco lait btw means chocolate milk
Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

On second glance, it looks like she does say "cookie":

Quote:
Ravie
Du bleu du ciel
Et des fa si fa sol
Des autres étoiles, aussi vu
Le do, scellées au sol
Coco lait chocolat cookies macadamiam
Et chaque soir des hommes
Qui jouent aux dames
Old 08-30-2009, 11:20 PM

yeah, she does!
"cookiez!"

i guess i was too caught up with coco to noticed the cookie that followed.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:51 PM

so i saw that apparently the Spanish version of Psychedelices comes with a DVD???
what's on the DVD? is it like the en concert DVD and comes with her live performances or what?

cuz if so, i need to get my hands on it!

(and yes, it's a double post!)

Old 09-16-2009, 01:53 PM

SDB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
so i saw that apparently the Spanish version of Psychedelices comes with a DVD???
what's on the DVD? is it like the en concert DVD and comes with her live performances or what?

cuz if so, i need to get my hands on it!

(and yes, it's a double post!)
It contains bonustracks, video clips and a video diary

http://www.discogs.com/Aliz%C3%A9e-P...elease/1813404