Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-28-2008, 11:24 AM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_tiberius View Post
The frankness and the no-bullshit attitude of French women is why I have a sort of a thing for them. Ever since I first went to Paris. And am going back there in a month.

I'm currently stuck in the UK after being born and living most of my life in the US. British women (in my opinion, no offense intended) are totally fake and I'm not attracted to the vast majority one bit!

But what does "Salaud de tête de merde d'une pute sale d'une mère" mean?
Something about swine-headed sh*t and dirty whores of mothers
Old 06-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_tiberius
The frankness and the no-bullshit attitude of French women is why I have a sort of a thing for them. Ever since I first went to Paris. And am going back there in a month.

I'm currently stuck in the UK after being born and living most of my life in the US. British women (in my opinion, no offense intended) are totally fake and I'm not attracted to the vast majority one bit!

But what does "Salaud de tête de merde d'une pute sale d'une mère" mean?
You gots it right, I hate them britwomen turds, I love any of the mediterranean females though. French, Italian, Spanish, oh lovely, and they can speak lovely languages too, rather than saying "bloody" every couple of seconds.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:54 PM

darth_tiberius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
You gots it right, I hate them britwomen turds, I love any of the mediterranean females though. French, Italian, Spanish, oh lovely, and they can speak lovely languages too, rather than saying "bloody" every couple of seconds.
You're definately right. I tend to see most women in the UK have a superiority complex that you need to prove yourself before you even are respected. And I don't mean as a boyfriend/lover/whatever. Even just talking to them innocently I get a smugness and superiority complex that makes them very unattractive.

My top five nationalities for women with the best looks/personalities would be;
1) Sweden/Finland
2) USA
3) France
4) Italy
5) Germany
Old 06-28-2008, 02:05 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

Monte:

I'm not sure if your pretty straightforward reply of "pretty straightforward reply" was some way of dismissing my statement without actually proving it wrong or illogical. But I am pretty sure you missed the key point among the many points I made, and that's understandable because you're responding out of emotion and not fully reading what I wrote (again, that's not bad, it's natural).

I'm just saying we can't assume we know her because like most performers she puts on a charade while on-camera, something that's bad only if, for some reason, you want to know her. And I've said I don't care to know her, because she's just an entertainer and frankly, I'd rather spend my energy getting to know real girls in real life. You know... Girls that aren't married mothers in another country.

Is it really so difficult to understand that I like her for her ART? Do you even listen to her music? The music and the act is where it's at, and it's the only thing we have 100 percent access to. And it's wonderful.

Also, I'm not flaming her and I'm certainly NOT pro-paparazzi; I just acknowledge that as despicable as they are, they give us glimpses of Alizée when she's being herself and not putting on an act for the camera. It's really that simple.

As I've repeatedly said, I don't care what she does. I'm FINE with her flipping people off. What I find silly is how she can do anything and people would still defend her. It's a little... sad, if you ask me. Just acknowledge flipping the bird was a mistake and move on with it already.

And finally, you don't win arguments by accusing the other side of an ulterior motive just because they disagree with you. I love Alizée's product but I do NOT CARE if we know the real Alizée (which we don't) or what she does in public.

Ah, the Internet.

Last edited by Neiteio; 06-28-2008 at 02:09 PM..
Old 06-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Faded into Gray

I think we all can assume that we know Alizée in sorts of ways, yet we don't know her in sorts of ways, do we know her anymore than the non-fan, of course! Do we know her anymore than say, people who really know her? No!

So let's just continue this discussion (if there is anything to be continued, all the points seen to be proven), in peace.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:47 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I don't see why people are getting so worked up..its not the only time shes flipped off the paparazzi

Old 06-28-2008, 02:58 PM
You must recover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I don't see why people are getting so worked up..its not the only time shes flipped off the paparazzi

Yeah, that one's a classic. Gotta love the fuzzy boots.

Also, I don't think people are getting worked up over the act itself. Rather, one side gets worked up because the other side admits giving the finger was a bad mistake (that she keeps making, heh), and the other side gets worked up because the opposite side is so eager to justify everything Lili does.

That's what it seems like, anyways.

Last edited by Neiteio; 06-28-2008 at 03:02 PM..
Old 06-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
And I've said I don't care to know her, because she's just an entertainer and frankly, I'd rather spend my energy getting to know real girls in real life. You know... Girls that aren't married mothers in another country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio;
I love Alizée's product but I do NOT CARE if we know the real Alizée (which we don't) or what she does in public.
If you don't care to know her then you will view her quite differently than others that do care to know her and have carefully watched her over the years do. You don't notice things you aren't looking for - this happens to us in many areas of everyday life. And once you do pay attention to that certain thing you realize just how much you have missed or assumed along the way. Your view is very different than others on here who do actually care and want to know more about Alizée the person - and some of us have picked up many things over the years (much of what deepwaters has already talked about in a few threads),

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio;
What I find silly is how she can do anything and people would still defend her. It's a little... sad, if you ask me. Just acknowledge flipping the bird was a mistake and move on with it already.
You aren't leaving any room for an understandable reason for her flipping the bird. You are automatically bringing her down and labeling anybody that doesn't take extreme issue and view Alizée as an immature girl as fanboys who distort all the news about Alizée in their heads.

Most on here don't defend her on everything, including myself. But since there are many people here you will find at least somebody who will usually defend or praise her for something. The thing is you seem to always be against them...either Anti-Alizée (as a person), or against anybody that doesn't go off on Alizée when she does something you don't like (or doesn't do something). Some people on here could be wrong, but you could be wrong about some things as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
But it won't be the real Alizée. That is something we'll never know. Maybe it's just me speaking from a background of journalism and advertising and knowing how fabricated these things are, and why people project images, why they wear masks...
Like I said before, if you aren't looking to know the real Alizée then you will never know her, (same goes with most anything or anybody in our lives). If you made the same efforts as others on here have and still had the same opinion then I wouldn't be saying this.

And even if all of Alizée's interviews, performances, actions and statements were completely planned out to create a fake image (which all of them aren't), you could still look at the image she wants to portray. What is so bad about her wanting us to think she has very wholesome core values, or her not wanting to create a firestorm of controversy by aligning with a particular side...what is so bad about her not making outrageous comments like others in the industry do? What is so bad about playing it safe with the media?

And let it be clear that I am not saying her years with MF and LB were authentic. She was under their control then. And it is pretty obvious she wants people to get a real view of her and her music now that she is calling the shots, even if it means less albums sold and some female-objectifying fans lost.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:42 PM
You must recover!

Helix, you make many good points, and I'm not going to take issue with them. I will clarify some things though that may help you better understand where I'm coming from.

Like many fans (particularly male fans), there was a period early in my fandom where I was interested in getting to know her. And so I vigorously studied the interviews and what-not. But after a certain period I realized she wasn't being wholly herself in front of the camera. Either that, or she's just not that bright, as you can watch nearly any given late-night talk show guest and see much more originality in what is said and done than you see with Alizée (again, the leukemia interview). That said, between the two options I'm more inclined to think she's just a risk-averse person playing it safe by not letting us in.

About flipping the bird... I said I don't care about her as a person, so I'd hope it follows that I don't care about what she does. My criticisms are leveled against the act itself. The act, in any circumstance by any person, is a lack of self-discipline. Flipping the bird never causes anything but trouble. Hopefully she'll learn that, having been catalogued doing it twice now.

But you have to distinguish between saying "She did a stupid thing" and "She's a stupid person." The former is not a substitute for the latter. I said only the former. What she did was stupid. That doesn't make her a worse person, but her not being a worse person doesn't excuse the act. She shouldn't have done it, plain and simple.

What she should do is start making her fourth album. (Yes, we just got the third album, but I'm greedy).

EDIT: Also Helix, edit that old guy out of your sig. It's like being Rickroll'd in the middle of gazing at the Sistene Chapel.

Last edited by Neiteio; 06-28-2008 at 10:52 PM..
Old 06-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio
EDIT: Also Helix, edit that old guy out of your sig. It's like being Rickroll'd in the middle of gazing at the Sistene Chapel.
Alain Chaimfort happens to be very complimenting to Helix's signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio
What she should do is start making her fourth album. (Yes, we just got the third album, but I'm greedy).
Hey, maybe she can do some Sabbath covers.
A Britishman can only dream