Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-04-2009, 09:51 PM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

Well I bought 2 different versions of her 3rd CD just to support her career; there are fewer songs on her new album that I like. I also think the new beats for her original songs are trash. But I don't think her old image would work with her new family oriented lifestyle. As much as I like the idea of her doing things on her own; separating from Mylene Farmer might not have been a good idea...

I liked her image during the Mes Courants Électriques days best. It seems like she doesn't want to market herself as being too sexy anymore. I recall watching a vid and she commented on not wanting to wear an outfit because it was "too Mylene Farmer". I'm pretty sure this was while she was promoting her new album. But it could also be the fact that I like women with straight hair and I'm just not diggin' the new do.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
I think Alizée needs to make more appearances on TV shows and needs to do some more shows. Maybe a tour, another DVD like En Concert. I miss that Alizée.
And obvious understatement of the year goes to ... Youpidou1 !!!
Sorry man, just saying that indeed everyone has wished for that forever.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
I don't think Alizée is capable of not being sexy.
Isn't that truth

I was watching her Acoustic in studio performance a few days ago. Talk about standing there in a not so hot looking baby doll dress, heels and looking so tasty for the camera. It is like she is making love unintentionally to the camera. Go back and watch her in these performances. The facial expressions and looks she is giving are sexy as hell.
The thing about it is, that it doesn't look intentional it is just Alizée being herself for the camera and audience.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Isn't that truth

I was watching her Acoustic in studio performance a few days ago. Talk about standing there in a not so hot looking baby doll dress, heels and looking so tasty for the camera. It is like she is making love unintentionally to the camera. Go back and watch her in these performances. The facial expressions and looks she is giving are sexy as hell.
The thing about it is, that it doesn't look intentional it is just Alizée being herself for the camera and audience.
She was definitely trying to be expressive in a way that fits the songs. It helps if one knows what she's saying. Check out the lyrics for Mon Taxi Driver again and tell me Alizée is trying to not be sexy, or at least it's a rather passion filled song (though admittedly I don't understand half of it anyway), but still. I think it's just that for the sexiest woman in the world (and that's not hyperbole) to get a little older and take it down a notch or three is a contrast that people notice.
Yeah, Alizée has certainly a history of giving very natural looking "looks" to the camera/audience that are very provocative. Well, and even just her very natural looking smile is very appealing. I still remember the first time I saw her on YouTube for the JEAM performance on March 15th 2003. They start off with a far shot and then cut in close and she smiles really nice and looks around a bit. She wasn't faking anything there (well, all the people were standing up clapping and cheering and this was just a while after her other great performance of Ella, Elle L'a). And then she starts in on the dance with a look of real purpose, complete confidence and control. Some of that may have been intentional and part of the performance, but that smile at the beginning there, she just plain meant that and couldn't hold it back if she had wanted to. She knew exactly what she was doing and held the world in her hand at that moment. That's a performance.
Oh, yeah, anyway, coming out of my reverie...

Merci Fanny
Old 01-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post

She knew exactly what she was doing and held the world in her hand at that moment. That's a performance.
Oh, yeah, anyway, coming out of my reverie...
You got any thoughts on how she could reachieve that confidence and that love for the performance? Becasue I feel exactly the same, not only the JEAM performance but in everything she did with Mylene backing her up.

Everyone potrays this evil Mylene using Alizée and with Alizée unable to speak for herself, just following orders in complete terror or something. You can so easily spot that Alizée loves to perform what Mylene had created, that she was excited off the chair about doing all those dances and being that 'happy cute girl' strutting around on the scene.

Maybe she were just overwhelmed by the attention and by the cheer fact of performing infront of thousands of people. Maybe any music, choreography, scene or even art form would had done the same for her.

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 01-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Personally, I think the most important thing that Alizée is missing from the Mylene years is not the music or choreography. It’s the daily regimen of exercise, dancing and singing rehearsals. Mylene really put Alizée through her paces and kept her in good form. That gave her the confidence you see back in the MCE days. I really don’t think Alizée worked on her live singing voice much at all for her comeback and it showed in her live performances. If you look all the way back to her “Graines de star” performance and “En Concert” performances, and then compare it to her more recent live singing you should see almost a decade of growth in live singing ability there, but you don’t.

I think if she wants to perform and be successful at the level of the industry she is currently at, she has to work much harder than she has, and establish a good daily regimen again, if she hasn’t already. I would also recommend she get a good vocal coach. If she gets her voice and performance skills in perfect tune and keeps them that way, she’ll be ready to take on anything at a moment’s notice. We’re talking a few hours a day for this, so family is not an excuse. Since she started running things herself, I think she has spent more time on the things she enjoys doing and less on the boring, monotonous routine of vocal practice.

We can talk about the right songs and promotion, the dancing and clothes and hairstyles. But it’s the core skills that are most important and are the foundation to everything. The rest does play a part, but it’s just window dressing and can be easily changed.

When you have the core skills down, you have confidence. And when you have confidence you are free to enjoy your performance, and then the audience will too. Alizée has plenty of talent and a very nice sounding voice, but like anything else, you have to keep it honed and polished.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:38 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
And obvious understatement of the year goes to ... Youpidou1 !!!
Sorry man, just saying that indeed everyone has wished for that forever.
But nobody has said it lately. So I was merely bringing back.

All you need is 1 Truck.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:55 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Personally, I think the most important thing that Alizée is missing from the Mylene years is not the music or choreography. It’s the daily regimen of exercise, dancing and singing rehearsals. Mylene really put Alizée through her paces and kept her in good form. That gave her the confidence you see back in the MCE days. I really don’t think Alizée worked on her live singing voice much at all for her comeback and it showed in her live performances. If you look all the way back to her “Graines de star” performance and “En Concert” performances, and then compare it to her more recent live singing you should see almost a decade of growth in live singing ability there, but you don’t.

I think if she wants to perform and be successful at the level of the industry she is currently at, she has to work much harder than she has, and establish a good daily regimen again, if she hasn’t already. I would also recommend she get a good vocal coach. If she gets her voice and performance skills in perfect tune and keeps them that way, she’ll be ready to take on anything at a moment’s notice. We’re talking a few hours a day for this, so family is not an excuse. Since she started running things herself, I think she has spent more time on the things she enjoys doing and less on the boring, monotonous routine of vocal practice.

When you have the core skills down, you have confidence. And when you have confidence you are free to enjoy your performance, and then the audience will too. Alizée has plenty of talent and a very nice sounding voice, but like anything else, you have to keep it honed and polished.
Sounds like good advice.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post

We can talk about the right songs and promotion, the dancing and clothes and hairstyles. But it’s the core skills that are most important and are the foundation to everything. The rest does play a part, but it’s just window dressing and can be easily changed.

I used to sing along to songs in my car and then a few times a week spend sometimes hours straight singing along to songs that I liked at home. I even overdid it several times causing too much wear on my throat (mayeb part of why I sound messed up now). I did all that just because I liked the songs and singing them and felt like it. But, I must say, I did get pretty good on some of those songs which I'm sure I could hardly sing now. Of course, it's different singing along and singing by myself. But I even took a singing class once and did an a cappella version of America's "Sergeant Darkness" I think it was. It was not great and I am certainly not a great singer, but it could have been better if I had kept practicing. I've also found that by continual practice I have learned to sing songs that I could not at all at first and didn't seem to fit me at first. As for the much easier to remember and perform method of singing along, there was probably a time when I could have done a few hundred songs close or right on. It was all purely a matter of practice. I must say, however, that I certainly don't want to compare myself to Alizée. Just stating my recognition of the points made.

Merci Fanny