Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

This is really bad for her fan base here and in France. I really think she is done singing for a while. Hopefully she is spending the time with her daughter and her husband.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 03-09-2009, 03:54 PM

techno_Millenium is on a distinguished road

Can anyone translate the letter she wrotte in her myspace page? I can't even understand it clearly as her hand written is so bad lololol

Last edited by techno_Millenium; 03-09-2009 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: incomplete
Old 03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Cool B View Post
So what does the note say? can anyone translate?

Big step for her to actually address the situation! Just would like to know what she is saying!

Hang on, I am going to go grab my co-worker who speaks french
OK here is what my French speaking co-worker got from the note. (just a rough translation, he had a hard time reading her hand-writing)

-She is very sad to announce the cancellation of the March 28th concert.
-There was nothing she could to do to prevent it
-She does not want to hide the reasons

-She is very upset that she has not been able to perform in Paris since her new album, Psychedelices.
-She is working on a new album
-New album will be completely different than anything she has ever done.
-She is very excited to present this new album soon.

Then she signs off with some kind of French saying that we are "eye to eye"

-B

Alizee is my Constant

Last edited by LL Cool B; 03-09-2009 at 04:11 PM..
Old 03-09-2009, 04:00 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

Stolen for reposting:

Quote:
Here is the French transcription (by Milly on psychalizee)

Hello Lilly Town people,

Je me réjouissais de vous retrouver au Grand Rex le 28 mars. Malheureusement à mon très grand regret, je dois annuler. La raison est simple : je me sépare de mon tourneur français. Je comprendrais que cette explication un peu technique ne vous satisfasse pas, mais j'ai bien peur qu'il n'y en ait pas d'autre.
Je ne vais pas vous le cacher : je suis très déçue. Je n'ai pu faire ce concert à Paris pour Psychédélices, et ce n'est vraiment pas faute de l'avoir voulu ... J'avais donc très envie de vous voir !
Depuis quelques semaines je travaille à mon nouvel album, qui s'annonce très différent de ce que j'ai pu faire jusque là. J'ai hâte de vous le présenter, si hâte que je voudrais dès aujourd'hui vous annoncer que nous nous retrouverons avant l'été pour un concert spécial. Vous et moi, entre nous, les yeux dans les yeux.

Je vous embrasse Alizée

I look forward to seeing you at the Grand Rex on March 28. Unfortunately to my great regret, I must cancel. The reason is simple: I am separated from my French turner [Tournée translates in this context to tour. Touréer would then refer to the tour company, I would think (Ki M'Aime Me Suivre?)]. I understand that this explanation a bit technical you are not satisfied, but I'm afraid there is no other.
I will not hide it: I am very disappointed. I could not do this concert in Paris for Psychédélices, and it is really not for lack of wanting ... So I really want to see you!
For some weeks I work for my new album, which looks very different from what I've done so far. I look forward to the present, so excited that I would like today to announce that we will meet before the summer for a special concert. You and me, us, eyes in the eyes.

I kiss you Alizée

The special concert announcement at least gives us something else to look forward to. I'm excited to read about the new album as well. I am pleased to see that it will be different still from the previous three albums.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:14 PM

bresil is on a distinguished road

Translation from french to portugues to english (sorry wat matter is the main ideia): "I´d like so much to meet you again at Rex. Unfortunatly I have to cancel it. I cancel my relation with my french tour-producer. I am working in my new albun that seens to be very different from the others ones. I´ve announce that I will see you before this summer for a very special concert. Just you and me, between us, eye-to-eyes."
Old 03-09-2009, 04:14 PM

techno_Millenium is on a distinguished road

Ok, she had all the reasons in the world, so in the first place why the hell she or her company reschedueled something that was already suppose to not happen????????????????

Well, all in all a special concert would be nice if it is not canceled too, near its date
Old 03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

I think it's understandable that this concert is cancelled, after all Psychédélices is pretty much over. The decision could have been made (or could have been made public) a bit sooner though (like two to three months)...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new album, I can't really be angry with her. But if that concert in the summer is cancelled as well...don't want to think about it.

I love her handwriting by the way.

Last edited by Ben; 03-09-2009 at 09:59 PM..
Old 03-09-2009, 04:28 PM
El Pikito...

AC Mix... is on a distinguished road

Wow, i feel horrible to all those Americans and other people who had to book everything twice just to hear it was canceled. that sucks.... i know she will loose alot of fan base and credibility over this....

someone earlier in a coment said "go to mexico and be happy" But look on the bright side, if she does over come over to mexico , she will be right next door, much closer than France.... she would be our Neighbor!

hey if she is in North America, (mexico) dont u think she will look alittle bit more north and try to get into the US Market!!!! dont loose hope now..........

AC Mix...

By ac_mix at 2009-03-09
Old 03-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

This is one of the many reasons I love her. Its always a roller coaster ride of emotions. I am very sad and slightly pissed that the concert was canceled, but I am so excited to hear that a new album is on the way!! And she even showed us how much she cares about us. I never expected a hand written letter from her, that blew me away.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:02 PM

johnkim2222003 is on a distinguished road

However, based on my interpreting the letter, she is in deny. Sorry. She should take some responsibility, not still saying "eye to eye".

Last edited by johnkim2222003; 03-09-2009 at 05:05 PM..