Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-03-2006, 10:56 PM

spysmasher is on a distinguished road

Yes, of course. When I first stumbled across Alizee a couple of months ago, I thought she was amazing. I enjoyed her music immensely before I knew a thing about her. But, naturally, my enjoyment of her music awakened in me a desire to learn about her, to find out who she is, what she’s like, etc. Hey, that’s what led me to this site in the first place! But learning about Alizee herself is not primarily what I had in mind when talking about “analyzing” her music. I was thinking mainly of picking apart the lyrics of her songs (like J’en ai Marre) … which, as Brad pointed out, Alizee herself did not even write. I think C-4 was making the point that you can get too bogged down in that sort of thing and spoil the pleasure of just listening to the song … and I agree with him on that.

Believe it or not, I actually tend to be very analytical most of the time. I suppose that’s why I take so much pleasure in being able to shut off the “analysis mode” and just enjoy Alizee’s music without trying to understand it.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:24 AM
Ciberaztec

Ciberaztec is on a distinguished road

Good, very good men, do not fit doubt, there are much intelligent people around this forum, we all have different points of view respect to art, and in my opinion all points of view are valid and interesting, but the best thing of everything is feedback us with the diversity of opinions with respect to this topic, remember, there is no learning without contradiction, we have something in common, we all enjoyed Alizee's songs from our personal point of view.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Wow very intresting, damn I singing the lyrics in my head and it's sorta turning me on jajajaja j/k

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 08-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowowle View Post
It seems to me that the song it about being fed up. Sick and tired of things, politics, life, sex, etc....

And she's also singing about getting away from it all.

If you want to see that as just relaxing in the tub away from life's troubles, great!

Or it is about melting away life's troubles through some self pleasure.

It is up to you to decide.
I was going to say the same thing here it is up to the listener to decide .
Most musicians write that way as well usually won't commit when interviewed that a song is about one specific meaning . I cant remember who it was i think David Byrne of the Talking Heads once in an interview stated while talking to a fan about a song meaning something he had never heard before and he agreed with the fans reasoning . Saying he was right it is about that and it was something he the writer even had never thought of . Which was many decades after the songs release , Mr Byrne adding again my main point that it will have multiple meanings depending on the listeners perspective .

All " good " composers will play on words and sounds like that because when you have to think about it then it keeps you interested to think more about it . Anyway . . .

I think ALL who think it is about any ONE idea are missing the MAJOR point of this song please read the lyrics below - lament - obsess over a fixed idea . Life is about choices and being open not it is this ONE thing and thats how it is . Again it is up to the listener to decide ., today you may think one thing but tomorrow another and each day or year that passes again more variations .

I'm fed up with those who cry,
Those who don't go faster than 2 kph,
Who lament and who obsess
Over the idea of a fixed idea,

Which is funny that in the song itself is fed up over the idea of fixed ideas yet some will do exactly that over the song with those lyrics .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I agree with alot of what DJ_Greg has been saying. First guys, keep in mind that the "official" English version, I'm Fed Up, is not the same lyrically as the French original. That means you've got to look at some translations if you don't understand French, and preferably more than one translation because no single go at the song will yield every single nuance from French to English. Some good translations to look at are the ones here, the one on alizee-fanpage.com, and the one on mf-international.com. From those I think it's pretty obvious that the song isn't only about masturbation, but that is one of the things alluded to (just look at the last verse). You've got to listen to the song too, it's not all in the lyrics but in the sounds (the "oui"s, etc.), and watch the videos. I mean, just the goldfish for example - it's a bit weird to be taking a bath with a Fish, so clearly this is a metaphor for several things. I think the sexual connotation is fairly obvious, though of course it's not the only one because there's also the expression someone says when they feel trapped and scrutinized: "I feel like a goldfish in a bowl". I think that's what the official video is mostly about: Alizée is the goldfish, in her glass cage, being watched by us her audience / the camera. I've always taken the throwing of the still camera to be a reference to paparazzi.
Well put... Now where is that Goldfish smiley . . . <.)
One thing though my thoughts were it/she was a Goldfish toy , kinda like a rubber ducky , not a real fishy But again i agree with your gist .

Last edited by alizeefan; 08-10-2010 at 08:54 PM..