Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 08-24-2018, 08:17 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I'm going to just throw this out there, based on this picture and the comment.

What about the idea that Julia comes out and performs a song or two with Alizee at the concert? Moi Lolita, JEAM? It would be like passing the lolita baton down to Julia and introducing her to the world.

Strategically, this might go over very well.... or the idea might be ridiculous.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 08-24-2018 at 08:20 AM..
Old 08-24-2018, 10:30 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It's not at all ridiculous. If Julia was in it, MF would be calling the shots and I'm sure it would do well.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:18 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It's not at all ridiculous. If Julia was in it, MF would be calling the shots and I'm sure it would do well.

Alizee introducing Julia is a great idea primarily because it would assure MF's participation in the production. Having both of Mylene Farmer's ingenues on display at the same time would bring the event more attention and score our girl some likeability points for sharing the stage while bringing Julia some great publicity at the opening of her career.

It's a pity it won't happen. I wonder if there is any way to get this idea to Alizee or Mylene. The people running the venue in Poland might not want to cough up the additional money needed to support Julia and MF.

Alizee might not like the idea, fearing Julia's presence would draw attention away from her. I don't think Alizee need suffer that insecurity, but she might.

I look back at the production of the Blond album with dread. It was unbelievably drab. Who was responsible for that? Did Alizee design those costumes herself? It was like her wedding dress fiasco. The chorus girls looked like they had been purposely decked out to look like cleaning ladies. I'm not talking about the Blond video, which I didn't think was so bad, but the apparel when they were touring the album around. I don't want to see a similar performance in Poland. It's really important this next show be successful. This is not the time to go on the cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlWVeH_tU0A

Hopefully, Greg's presence will give her more confidence.

Last edited by Shepherd; 08-24-2018 at 02:22 PM..
Old 08-24-2018, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Alizee introducing Julia is a great idea primarily because it would assure MF's participation in the production. Having both of Mylene Farmer's ingenues on display at the same time would bring the event more attention and score our girl some likeability points for sharing the stage while bringing Julia some great publicity at the opening of her career.

It's a pity it won't happen. I wonder if there is any way to get this idea to Alizee or Mylene. The people running the venue in Poland might not want to cough up the additional money needed to support Julia and MF.

Alizee might not like the idea, fearing Julia's presence would draw attention away from her. I don't think Alizee need suffer that insecurity, but she might.
I think doing it would be a win for Alizee because of the reason you stated, that it scores her some likability points. If she continues to sing after this, there won't be so much pressure for her to recreate the lolita days, something she has outgrown, if somebody else has that job. If that video posted this morning on Julia is true, then A&G will get some business doing the choreography for Julia's first video, and who knows what else down the line if they do a great job. MF looks to have sweetened the pot with both girls in an attempt to diffuse any divisions or hard feelings that could result. By MF not shutting out Alizee completely, Alizee fans would not feel they have to resent the new lolita on the block.

In the end, it's strictly business, and I think IF this even happens, it would be good for everybody involved.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 08-24-2018 at 02:41 PM..
Old 08-24-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
.................Alizee might not like the idea, fearing Julia's presence would draw attention away from her. I don't think Alizee need suffer that insecurity, but she might................
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
...........I think doing it would be a win for Alizee because of the reason you stated, that it scores her some likability points................... MF looks to have sweetened the pot with both girls in an attempt to diffuse any divisions or hard feelings that could result. By MF not shutting out Alizee completely, Alizee fans would not feel they have to resent the new lolita on the block.................
I think that's part of the genius of Mylene. After Alizée split from MF, she lost a lot of fans because 'apparently' it wasn't a good break up and many of her fans were Farmer fans first.

Showing that Alizée is supporting this young girl should appease her fans because it looks like Lolita's replacement has arrived, but there is no reason Alizée can not enjoy more success. In fact this may be a boost for her if she's now working together again with Mylene Farmer.

Edit:

Wouldn't it be nice if MF is working with Alizee on her festival appearance in some way?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-24-2018 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-24-2018, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if MF is working with Alizee on her festival appearance in some way?
It's not out of the question. If you look at the recent events, starting with MF remastering Alizee's videos and releasing them, Alizee suddenly changing her career strategy by redefining herself as a singer on IG, the promotion of MF's new protoge (Julia), Alizee's concert appearance out of the blue, etc. all within a span of a few months, one might suspect that something is brewing. Coincidence maybe? Sure. But it is starting to look like anything but coincidence in my opinion.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
It's not out of the question. If you look at the recent events, starting with MF remastering Alizee's videos and releasing them, Alizee suddenly changing her career strategy by redefining herself as a singer on IG, the promotion of MF's new protoge (Julia), Alizee's concert appearance out of the blue, etc. all within a span of a few months, one might suspect that something is brewing. Coincidence maybe? Sure. But it is starting to look like anything but coincidence in my opinion.
I hope you are right about this.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:18 AM

Looks like things are heating up.

Alizee: Chronicle of a return to the song...
Everything starts in 2017: ALIZÉE POST 4 Photos of memory (unreleased) with mylène farmer... contacts have resumed between the 2 Artists. This year, for the 18 years of the world tube "me... Lolita", Alizée, mylène and Laurent Reveal a new new cliché. But everything is clear. Alizée launches his new channel you official tube "me... Alizée" welcoming only songs produced by Requiem Publishing, the production firm managed by mylène farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. At the same time, Alizée's 2 key albums reappear on download platforms. Alizée pays a tribute to mylène on "without counterfeiting", the famous song by mylène farmer. And this one sends a support message to team lyonnet. Shortly after, ALIZÉE ANNOUNCED 2 concerts, one in Warsaw and the other in puebla. And she's playing a participation in Julia's album, new singer produced by Requiem Publishing. Today, August 30, 2018, alizée announced a new concert in Mexico city. What will be the next step?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 08-31-2018, 07:42 AM
Administrator

In my humble opinion, the fact that she booked Mexico City without seeing how Warsaw went convinces me that she wants to be relevant again in the singing world. I am hoping it is more than just making extra money on the side.

If Mylene is involved, Alizee will do great. If you think about it, Mylene promoting Julia (the new lolita) and Alizee (the prior lolita) simultaneously would be genius.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:29 PM

I wonder if there's members here from Poland who stopped posting some time ago who might like to hear about this concert?

EDIT: I just found out you can do it through the advanced search part of look up members. Seems like we had about a half dozen over the years. One named Jacotey visited in July, but I dont think posted. I'll have to send him a message in case he hasn't heard.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-05-2018 at 03:33 PM..