Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 06-23-2021, 09:34 AM

Elise is on a distinguished road

Video of the Day - June 23, 2021

I saw a link to this video in some comment on another Alizée video, as an example of a live performance without the use of playback. Moi Lolita is the song I keep going back to and I think others could easily relate! What do you think of this performance?

Last edited by Elise; 06-23-2021 at 09:36 AM..
Old 06-23-2021, 10:24 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post

I saw a link to this video in some comment on another Alizée video, as an example of a live performance without the use of playback. Moi Lolita is the song I keep going back to and I think others could easily relate! What do you think of this performance?
This is a good choice for the video of the day...!

All in all, these Alizée performances in Italy 🙎 are often stunning!

Alizée 💜
Old 06-24-2021, 12:58 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise View Post

This kind of performance makes me wish she had done more of these actual live performances rather than just with the playback. I mean at least for those who are already fans and have heard the original track plenty of times the ones where she's really singing feel more genuine and are more enjoyable imo.

For some songs heavy with choreography then yeah it makes sense to do playback, JEAM and JPVA especially. But I feel a lot of songs were often performed with the playback when it wasn't really necessary.
Old 06-25-2021, 05:34 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Talking

Video of the day June 26, 2021:

Wow, Wow, it seems to be the anniversary of this show now [19 years]! So it deserves the title now, of course!

I have to say that this ML performance in particular is one of my favorites!

So Alizée Italia videos continue now^ and so deservedly! So now with Alizée Festivalbar Pistoia video, and rightly so, because as I already mentioned, her Performances in Italy are really super amazing!!

Alizée 💜
Old 07-02-2021, 08:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Cool

Video Of The Day | July 3, 2021:

Now, of course, the place for this video is fully deserved - indeed - in the video of the day!

Because now is the anniversary of the very legendary, Super Sexy and absolutely awesome Alizée - J'ai Pas Vingt Ans - Tour de France 2003 video or rather the performance (exactly 18 years ago)!

In fact, this video was uploaded almost at the same time I found Alizée [In fact, only nine days after that!!] - and yet it already has millions of viewers!

And that’s why I found it pretty soon! And surprisingly, the Russians also posted this video...! So I have a pretty big reason to thank the Russian Lili fans! Would I have even found her otherwise!

Ps. Notice the poll I did to celebrate the anniversary, which JPVA dress is better?: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...61&postcount=1 & http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8735

---

A little talk about the Tour de France... No doubt the talk of "billions and billions of viewers" is just the speech of advertisers!

For example, in Asia and Africa, racing cycling does not have a very strong foothold!

Not even here in Finland, even though we are in Europe! If the TDF is even shown, it is hidden in one of the payment channels! So, for example, I couldn’t have even sensibly seen Alizée's 2013 stunning TDF show I just put on Memory Lane!

However, I remember that sometimes it has also been shown on free channels! Probably even in 2003? But openings and performances were probably not shown.

It was just "pretty close" again that I would have noticed Alizée years ago...

Alizée 💜
Old 07-04-2021, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

The occasion of this performance was, as mentioned by Alizée-Nederland in another post, the 100th anniversary of the Tour de France in 2003. It was not the 100th running of the race because there were no races during WW1 and WW2. The site was the Hôtel de Ville (City hall) in Paris.

According to the Czech database: "There were problems, though, as the company workers were on strike and were booing all the performers."

The protesters must've been the ones holding up the white flyers. It was good that they did not seem to boo during the performance.

The 100th "running" of the Tour de France started in Corsica in 2013. It was the first time the famed race visited the island. One of the legs on Corsica ended in Ajaccio and, on that day, Alizée sang "Je veux bien."

pic.jpg

Last edited by Bamagirl; 07-04-2021 at 11:20 AM..
Old 07-04-2021, 10:25 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
The occasion of this performance was, as mentioned by Alizée-Nederland in another post, the 100th anniversary of the Tour de France in 2003. It was not the 100th running of the race because there were no races during WW1 and WW2. The site was the Hôtel de Ville (City hall) in Paris.

According to the Czech database: "There were problems, though, as the company workers were on strike and were booing all the performers."

The protesters must've been the ones holding up the white flyers. It was good that they did not seem to boo during the performance.

The 100th "running" of the Tour de France started in Corsica in 2013. It was the first time the famed race visited the island. One of the legs on Corsica ended in Ajaccio and, on that day, Alizée sang "Je veux bien."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tWo9pvV-Ik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAdq8Qc_RWc

Attachment 3513
Wow, didn't know about the protests, or the TDF visit to Corsica. Very informative, thanks for posting Bamagirl!
Old 07-04-2021, 10:34 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Smile

Yep. I think it is safe to call it the opening ceremony of the TDF, because the first stage in 2003 was 5.7.

Admittedly, not that it would change the television policy of the event in any way... Especially abroad!

Except I’ve sometimes wondered who and who else appeared at the event, no information can be found anywhere.

If and when there were other performers... Probably no one but Alizée was so interesting that anyone bothered to record or publish other shows online? Edit. I also remember Scruffy sometimes mentioning demonstrations because it was a "familiar thing".

Alizée 💜

Last edited by AlizéeSuperFanFIN; 07-04-2021 at 10:38 AM..
Old 07-04-2021, 04:29 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post

At the end, she seems to react to the booing.

When she stops dancing, she smiles, looks off the the side, and then looks back at the camera. When she looks back at the camera, her smile fades slightly and there is a "serious" expression in her eyes. (She almost looks a little bit angry.)

(The video then cuts to the announcer, and when it cuts back to Alizee she seems to have regained her composure, and she bows.)

This is unlike any other JPVA performance, where she always "holds" the smile at the end.

(Am I imagining this? What do others think?)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 07-04-2021 at 04:56 PM..
Old 07-04-2021, 04:40 PM

Alizée-Nederland is on a distinguished road

Tags
alizee, day, jpva, video