Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-13-2009, 09:44 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Nice record junkmale. I enjoyed it. Maybe somehow in some strange way your group wrote this in warning of the dangerous girl who was to come, Alizée. Dangerous to the heart that is and so terribly addictive.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Yeah nice song there, Junkmale. Great drumming toward the end! I'll be sure to play it from time to time to earn ya some cents. I know how it is, I also receive the odd royalty check for some tv scores a cousin left me in his will. For which I had to join ASCAP. So I've seen a bit of how it all works, though am by no means an expert.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:34 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys
It was a long long time ago but i think it still holds up pretty well?
Everyone still likes the 'fast' bit at the end.
I haven't seen nor spoken to anyone that was in the band for over 20 years. We all hated each other in the end, allthough time is a great healer and i sometimes wonder what they are all up to.
I was never the best drummer in the world but i still play almost every day but am just an ageing old punk now.
It is strange how the royalty thing works. I had nothing whatsoever to do with writing that song (i wrote a few others but they were never recorded thankfully!).
That particular single is a real collectors item now and sells for huge ammounts of money when it appears on eBay from time to time. Someone even sent me one a few years ago to sign for them (ah....fame).
There was a book written some years ago (called Shame Academy) which is now long out of print, about the whole Northern Ireland Punk scene in the late 70's and it got a mention in it. I have an unusual surname and i presume that's how people have traced me.
This was way back then when i had a life
Old 11-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Nice job, Junkmale ! I'm glad to hear you still play. I think there are definitely some therapeutic aspects to doing music.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing, Junkmale! Great story! Nice song! Yeah the drim bits at the end are a winner! I also like the structure of the song.. where its slow & quiet in the middle and picks up at the end. Plus its refreshing to hear classical instruments for a change instead of the usual electronic crap you hear today.. and auto-tune!

Do any other old farts like me miss the snap-crackle-pop of old LP's? its lke the crackling of a fireplace... so "warm",,,,
Old 11-15-2009, 02:28 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
Thanks for sharing, Junkmale! Great story! Nice song! Yeah the drim bits at the end are a winner! I also like the structure of the song.. where its slow & quiet in the middle and picks up at the end. Plus its refreshing to hear classical instruments for a change instead of the usual electronic crap you hear today.. and auto-tune!

Do any other old farts like me miss the snap-crackle-pop of old LP's? its lke the crackling of a fireplace... so "warm",,,,
I'm with you on all counts. I'm an old fart too!
Old 11-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

agreed.... I guess I'm a fifteen-year-old fart huh......

P.S. I added Alizée to the wiki-page of the Lolita book if anybody cares
Old 11-15-2009, 05:22 AM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Haha, i'm with you too.
That's part of why i loved to play "Fallout 3" so much...all this really old songs in shitty quality played on Galaxy News Radio

Nothing like roasting Ghuls with such a lovely tune in your ear...

Sorry for being OT!

Old 11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nah. I miss some of the music from those days . . . and I definitely miss my old record collection that I lost in a move . . . although I don't have anything at this point that I could play them on anyway.

Actually the quality with analog recording is potentially better than digital, just like photographs with analog film are potentially higher quality than digital. But that requires top-of-the-line equipment and pristine-condition records, and then you don't get the snap-crackle-pop.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Alizee-ray of light in my life

Serg Green is on a distinguished road

I'm wait new album.Very GOOD may be...

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont