Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
What a roller coaster day of emotions. we 3 AAm members arrived at fnac shortly after 3. The members of AF were already there. I bought the cds, then we waited for 4pm to roll around and it was a very long hour. Then more long minutes rolled by and no Alizee. They told us she was running late and may not have time to sign the cds. Eventually we had to get in the regular line, but at least not at the very end. Compared to lines in the past it was very slow moving. Of course that made for a long wait, but the advantage was when we got up near the front, we had a lot more time to see her and she really looked great.

So after getting a "couple" of cds signed and leaving the line, a fnac rep said, well actually he said it earlier, that if I gave him my address, sony would ship the cds that Alizee would sign on monday for free.

That wasn't what we hoped for, but we weren't complaining. Then shortly after that a Sony rep named Iris, came up to us and said she recognized me from 2010. She was a beautiful, very pleasent young lady. she said that Alizee might be able to sign our cds after the regular session ended. Well after another agonizingly long wait, the place started to close. Iris came over and said Alizee was too tired. Then she said Alizee might be able to sign them on wednesday on the day I was scheduled to fly back to the states. Well I don't work til thursday, so now I have to see how full the flights look to see if I can stay.

So like I said, it,s been a real roller coaster ride; a ver long day. We haven't gained much ground, but we haven't given up the fight.

I'd just like to add that all the people we've dealt with have been incredibly wonderful and nice to us, something that I think was helped out by the fact we have a great group of people here from both forums.

There will be lots of great pictures and videos coming. I think Jenny filmed enough for a trilogy.
Oh wow, really sounds like an extremely long day! As lefty said, at least you got to meet her again, and the others, for the first time. All you can do now is enjoy your stay there and hope for the best, maybe you'll meet her again for another private signing before you leave.

I wanted to ask, what became of your gift for her? It's not in the instagram pic of the other gifts
Old 03-29-2013, 06:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

As far as the gift she took it in stride.......no big surprise or maybe she didn't know what to make of it. It was a stab in the dark

As far as sales the line was full until closing. Iris estimated 300 people there. Not huge but not bad but when you factor in our 80 Cds........it probably added up to a good day.

We ran into some of the French Alizee forum and they were well aware of the previous private session....not to mention the radio ads,,.........they were asking me how it all came about
Old 03-29-2013, 06:26 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

did she look any different from last time ?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

It really looked like we'd get the aam session, then it didn't, then it did again. Eventually we had to get in the regular line. Then we thought we might get a later session, but it wasn't to be. Sounded to me like they should still get signed though. Scruffy really put his all into making this work out.

I had made the trip not expecting us to even get the session, while I hoped we would, I would have been happy to just meet her this one time. And that worked out great. I really wanted to get a lot of pictures to share. I got some and they will come up after I get home. Even a few in 3D.

I can barely remember the encounter, and I walked away in a daze. But as I've suspected, she does ok with english.

What an afternoon! Thanks for everything Scruffy!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:33 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I hope you won't get stuck with a bunch of unsigned CDs.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili4ever View Post
did she look any different from last time ?
She looked absolutely gorgeous and coming from me........you know you can take that to the bank.
EDIT: This is my third autograph session and by far she looked her best. With Psych, it looked like someone had ironed her hair. With UEDS, I thought she looked too Hollywood. Some people attributed that to her not feeling well. Here................she looked perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I hope you won't get stuck with a bunch of unsigned CDs.
As we left it, they said the Cd's would get signed by Wednesday, because Alizee has to leave town for the other autograph sessions the next day. She will either sign them by herself and sony will ship them out, or I will be in attendance to witness it and I will put them on a replica viking ship, set it on fire, and cast it off down the Seine.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-29-2013 at 08:03 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 08:00 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
She looked absolutely gorgeous and coming from me........you know you can take that to the bank.

As we left it, they said the Cd's would get signed by Wednesday, because Alizee has to leave town for the other autograph sessions the next day. She will either sign them by herself and sony will ship them out, or I will be in attendance to witness it and I will ship them out.
I must be drunk or I have problem to understand how it is...

btw, how long you will be there? just cause, to dont forget the time change on sunday

Old 03-29-2013, 08:19 PM

le chat des Etats is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, absolutely awesome; if they still don't get signed despite your work, I would be happy to take a few off your hands, I'll gift them to the local High School French programs. I hope they get signed, but at this point I am very happy you got the chance to see her, and that the trip sounds like a good one. If they do get signed, I'll cherish mine all the more for your efforts.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
I must be drunk or I have problem to understand how it is...

btw, how long you will be there? just cause, to dont forget the time change on sunday
I originally was going to fly to Munich on sunday, for 3 days, l cancelled my trip there in case this happens. I called a co worker and asked him to try and get someone to cover for me Thursday night. So I lose a days pay, but I will stay here until Thursday.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-29-2013 at 08:24 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 08:22 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I got some and they will come up after I get home. Even a few in 3D.
!
I got my glasses !