Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 03-06-2018, 11:36 AM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Excellent photo. Beautiful dress, gorgeous smile.
Yes, absolutely. I really like it, too.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:26 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Her comment through the trusty Google translator:

Few present these days thanks to a nice project that is really close to my heart. You'll know more soon!

Hmmm... I wonder what this nice project is???

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 03-14-2018 at 01:50 PM..
Old 03-14-2018, 06:44 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Here's a direct link to the post, for any observers who may want to read the comments #neverreadthecomments

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgTdttvhV_y/

I think Alizée's caption begins with something like "I haven't been around much lately thanks to...."
Old 03-14-2018, 08:59 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm guessing her 'project' would probably have something to do with a charity event. Another guess is maybe they are going to put on a show as some of the other dance schools there do?
Old 03-14-2018, 10:04 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Normally, if I were to guess what "Nice Project" is I would guess Les Enfoires, but the timing is wrong for that one. I wonder what she is referring to?
Old 03-17-2018, 04:26 PM
Last Fan Standing

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgb_3zMBrKe/
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeeofficiel
Dio vi salvi Regina ���� ��#madonuccia #tradition #aiacciu

She also added some photos in an Instastory:

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 03-17-2018 at 08:32 PM..
Old 03-17-2018, 05:13 PM

lol. I already uploaded the photos and wanted to share them, then I noticed that you edited your post... She likes to post those instagram stories atm. Shall we post the photos in this thread?

Edit:

Could it be related to the photos of the mysterious building
she posted the other day?

Last edited by kulli; 03-17-2018 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-17-2018, 06:04 PM
Last Fan Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
She likes to post those instagram stories atm. Shall we post the photos in this thread?
I like that idea. The thread is about viewing and discussing Alizée's own posts.

Quote:
Could it be related to the photos of the mysterious building
she posted the other day?
Which mysterious building?

I guess these posts from A are from the evening before Madunnuccia. Scruffy mentioned it briefly somewhere the other day. (He may have some better photos of this area.) Tomorrow is the big day with the procession. https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madunnuccia

This building overlooks Place Foch in the heart of old town Ajaccio. It's 10 Avenue Antoine Serafini.

mad1.jpg
mad2.jpg

https://www.corsenetinfos.corsica/La...res_a8191.html

Quote:
Madunnuccia in Ajaccio: Between the fervor of some and the prayers of others

As every year, the municipal music of Ajaccio opened the march of this procession so dear to the Ajaccians, followed by representatives of each parish then the statue of Madunnuccia.

A procession of thousands of people left the cathedral after crossing Fesch Street stopping at prayer spots. She joined the Cours Napoléon in front of the Saint-Roch Church, where, in the presence of the bishop of the Corsican church, the choirs of the Portuguese community began performing songs in front of a 'christ on the cross', illuminated a stroke of light.
All we took, a few tens of minutes later, the path of the cathedral under the 'Hail Mary', taken by the faithful.

The Origin of the cult of Our Lady of Mercy
On March 18, 1536, the Virgin Mary appeared to an old peasant, Tonio Botta, near Savona, and said to him: 'Do not be afraid! I am the Virgin Mary. Tell the people to do penance in honor of Christ and his Mother.
Orto, a sea captain, brought to Ajaccio a statuette of the Virgin in 1645. In a brawl, an order sprang from the statuette and the fighters, frightened, stop on the field.
A large statue of Our Lady of Mercy was then placed at the Jesuit Church, now St. Erasmus Church.
In 1656, a plague - as it often broke out then - ravaged the city of Genoa and threatened to touch Ajaccio. The inhabitants of Ajaccio put all their trust in Our Lady of Mercy who preserved their city from this contagious disease.
It was at the Cathedral, on March 18, 1661, that the Magnificent Ancients pronounced on their knees the definitive and solemn vow where they accepted the Blessed Virgin for Protectress, Patroness and Advocate of Ajaccio, thanked her for all her benefactions, and promised that each year, the oldest member of the Magnificent Elders will mobilize his colleagues to celebrate the day of March 18 to perfection.
The Chapel of Mercy, inside the cathedral, was inaugurated in 1750 but the sculpture work was not completed until 1752. The statue of the Madonna is the exact reproduction of that of Savona.
Since then, the solemnities begin the evening of March 17 with traditional prayers in front of the statue of Our Lady of Mercy located on the Place des Palmiers.
On March 18, the municipal council went in procession to the cathedral to attend mass. In the afternoon, the procession goes around the city and the statue of our lady of mercy is followed by the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKy33F_xaI

Is that Jo taking a photo at 9:33 ?

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 03-17-2018 at 06:23 PM..
Old 03-17-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post

Which mysterious building?
Uhmm I actually wanted to post it in this thread
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...?t=8323&page=2
I meant those 2 photos which she tagged with "home" and that shows not her apartment
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...548#post260548

Last edited by kulli; 03-17-2018 at 06:58 PM..
Old 03-17-2018, 07:30 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I've done some shopping in those souvenir stores ands I probably passed by them at least a dozen times, after all the touristy part of Ajaccio is relatively small. I couldn't find any pictures of this particular place, though I had just pictures of just about everything else in that square. The main thing about it is it faces that big plaza or whatever you call it going down to the waterfront. They set up stands to sell all kinds of things on certain days. Those pictures of Corsican wine I posted not to long ago were taken, just down the street from there.

No doubt there will be a big religious procession through there, but I think that just kicks off a day of festivities and I'm guessing Alizée will put on some type of dance show with her students.