Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

Can she sing!!???? This LIVE performance speaks for itself....

http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=23
Old 12-09-2007, 05:16 PM

Martin is on a distinguished road

Oh yes..and she is only 16-17 there. Its only about her finding her form and be relaxed. Her voice is on the fragile side, delicate, like a flower that needs some special conditions to blossom. Honestly I prefer her voice over Alicia keys's for example. Technicaly its a stellar voice, very strong and passionate but sometimes imperfections are more humane and charming than perfectly controlled vocals.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Oh yes..and she is only 16-17 there. Its only about her finding her form and be relaxed. Her voice is on the fragile side, delicate, like a flower that needs some special conditions to blossom. Honestly I prefer her voice over Alicia keys's for example. Technicaly its a stellar voice, very strong and passionate but sometimes imperfections are more humane and charming than perfectly controlled vocals.
I couldn't have said it better. Here are a few more examples of her singing live:

http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=76

http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=71

http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=40
Old 12-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Hooked on Alizée

Addict is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
You're right. I love Alizée's voice because she doesn't try to be all jazzy and loud like those other singers. Instead, her voice sounds like velvet. It's just so smooth and pleasing. I realize Alicia Keys is pretty talented, which is why people like her, but it's that 'grave' (as Alizée once put it) yet lilting way that Lili sings that makes her so appealing to me.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:50 PM
J.B.G. (James Bond Guy)

Stumpy298 is on a distinguished road

Ya know, aside from whats already been said it sounded like (at the beginning) that she wasn't ready for it to start. i find that as soon as i've messed up once im more prone to mess up in the future. so it wasn't her best performance; who cares? i still enjoyed it.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:10 PM

sb483 is on a distinguished road

I recall plenty of live performances (even more playback, but a few of her performances were live anyways )
Les Enfoires - live, sounded great
Formi formidable w/ Jenifer - live, sounded great
L'important c'est d'aimer w/ NSP - live, sounded great
Moi...Lolita, TOTP Italy - live, sounded great
Moi...Lolita w/ Amina - live, sounded just awful

I know some of you actually like the performance with Amina, but I thought it was horrendous, and you can see from Amina's reaction at the end when asked "What was it like to sing with Alizee?" that she really forced herself to say something nice. Lily's voice wasn't so great in that one.
I don't think her singing was all that good in Moi...Lolita Korea either. I'd rank Mademoiselle Juliette STAR AC 2007 among the "just awful" performances. I didn't mind Moi...Lolita with the Madonna bridge, but it wasn't her best effort. Let's hope we get plenty more live performances to rank.

Last edited by sb483; 12-09-2007 at 06:14 PM..
Old 12-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy298 View Post
Ya know, aside from whats already been said it sounded like (at the beginning) that she wasn't ready for it to start. i find that as soon as i've messed up once im more prone to mess up in the future. so it wasn't her best performance; who cares? i still enjoyed it.

Yeah, I can offer one possible explanation, but I have no way of knowing for sure. I said this in another thread, but normally on a song like that they feed a count-in and a reference tone through the performers’ earpieces so they can start together and on key. I’m guessing hers was turned off or not loud enough. The performers usually can’t hear the house mix very well, and they rely on the monitor mix in their earpieces to hear what’s going on. Can you imagine having to sing a whole song and judge what notes you’re hitting by how tight the muscles in your throat feel? It’s happened to me more than once and it sucks.

It’s hard enough without having to fight off a panic attack...
Old 12-09-2007, 06:50 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

If that's true the technician responsible should be shot.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:28 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb483 View Post
I recall plenty of live performances (even more playback, but a few of her performances were live anyways )
Les Enfoires - live, sounded great
Formi formidable w/ Jenifer - live, sounded great
L'important c'est d'aimer w/ NSP - live, sounded great
Moi...Lolita, TOTP Italy - live, sounded great
Moi...Lolita w/ Amina - live, sounded just awful

I know some of you actually like the performance with Amina, but I thought it was horrendous, and you can see from Amina's reaction at the end when asked "What was it like to sing with Alizee?" that she really forced herself to say something nice. Lily's voice wasn't so great in that one.
I don't think her singing was all that good in Moi...Lolita Korea either. I'd rank Mademoiselle Juliette STAR AC 2007 among the "just awful" performances. I didn't mind Moi...Lolita with the Madonna bridge, but it wasn't her best effort. Let's hope we get plenty more live performances to rank.
it can be argued that l'important c'est d'aimer and formidable were not live, and i don't think they were live at all. RMJ seems to think so as well. well i got around to watching the live with amina ML again and i can't say that the new star ac ML was any better than that one. the were both unpleasant to listen to. it's like trying to decide what's worse; buffalo dung or cow dung...

there is obviously a problem with singing ML. the original was in a really low and deep tone and she's only successfully sang it close to the original at the TOTP and that was with the help of loud instruments disguising some of her vocal flaws. for some reason, she no longer wants to sing ML in its original tone, but wants to go one higher. can't she not go low anymore? anyhow, as much a legendary song ML is, i think she should stop trying to sing this song live. it gets butchered each attempt at it can't be good for her. i still think she can sing live but i think she should stay away from certain songs. or practice the hell out of it so that she sounds somewhat decent.

Last edited by heyamigo; 12-09-2007 at 09:33 PM..
Old 12-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Administrator

I think she sang it higher to help out the guys who were singing with her an octave lower.